View Full Version : All About Guns with Pat Leeds
11-27-2012, 9:30 AM
Nov. 28, 2012: Strong 2nd Amendment advocate and very popular El Dorado County Sheriff John D’Agostini returns to All About Guns to update us on what’s going on in the Sheriff’s Department and discuss one of his favorite topics: guns. He'll talk about CCW issuance in El Dorado County and the effect it's having on other CA counties. We gun owners in El Dorado County are fortunate to have a sheriff who is such a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights.
The show airs at 12:00 noon Weds. Nov. 28th on KFOK-LP-FM 95.1, streaming kfok.org. During the show questions for the sheriff should be directed to 530-333-4300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
11-28-2012, 8:08 AM
Following are listener questions for Sheriff D'Agostini during today's show:
1) The law states that mere possession of a >10 round magazine is not illegal if it was owned before the ban. In some cases, people who have owned these magazines over the years have legally replaced worn parts, sometimes even the outer shell, which results in a new-looking magazine. In what situations would one of your officers arrest or cite someone possessing such a magazine if they claim that they have legally possessed it since before the law was passed in 2000?
2) Are you aware of any cases in this part of CA where someone has been successfully prosecuted solely for a magazine violation? Would your deputies arrest someone if they had not committed any other crimes, but were in possession of a >10 round magazine that the officer believed was post-ban?
3) Are all of your deputies trained to recognize the difference between a flash-hider and a muzzle brake when evaluating the legality of a suspected assault weapon?
4) Are your deputies aware of the Calguns Assault Weapons flowchart? Do you believe this is accurate as far as the law is concerned?
5) Are your deputies trained to recognize the difference between an AR type rifle that is an illegal assault weapon and one who's "evil" features have been removed so it can legally use the factory magazine release?
11-28-2012, 7:08 PM
Thanks for your comments and great questions Rick. I'll forward as much information as I can find on "featurless rifles" to Sheriff D'Agostini and ask that he disseminate the info to his patrol people. Hopefully we can avoid any issues through education.
11-29-2012, 9:11 AM
Nov. 28, 2012: Popular El Dorado County Sheriff John D’Agostini returned to "All About Guns" to update us on what's going on in the Sheriff's Department and discuss one of his favorite topics: guns. A lengthy discussion on AR-15's followed a series of questions submitted by listener and Calguns Forum member Rick to the Sheriff. The premise of Rick’s questions was whether the Sheriff and his patrol staff were familiar with the Calguns Rifle (AR) Flowchart. D'agostini said he and his patrol people were familiar with the chart and the distinction between a CA legal AR-15 and an "assault rifle". He said the PC reference numbers had mostly been changed and the flowchart should be brought up to date. He did admit that he was unfamiliar with "featureless rifles". (I will forward "featureless rifle" info to him.) All in all it was a great discussion. I will have the Sheriff back in the future.
Note to Calguns: Thanks for the " California Rifle Identification Flowchart". Please update the PC references.
11-30-2012, 9:16 AM
For those of you who missed last Wednesday's show with El Dorado County Sheriff D'Agostini, it will be rebroadcast Saturady Dec. 1st at 2:00 pm CA time on KFOK, streaming kfok.org. A podcast of the show can be heard on www.guntalkhq.com in a few days.
vBulletin® v3.8.9, Copyright ©2000-2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.