PDA

View Full Version : Development in Modesto!

CRTguns
07-31-2007, 8:39 PM
admin, you may delete other thread...

You remember the other guy-"Joe Gunguy", or Daniel Mcleod? He attorney was contacted today by the DA, she informed his attorney that she was having trouble making sense of this whole thing and that she was going to grant a final 30 day extension (was on calender for 8/21) to arrange a meeting with DOJ and to collect any info or evidence and clarification of the violation, as she stated that she was unable to see that a violation had occurred. After these 30 days if she's not satisfied that this is in fact a violation of current law she would have no choice but to drop the charges.
Will know more in a day or two.

WokMaster1
07-31-2007, 9:33 PM
what do we have here? A DA with common sense? Things must be looking good for us for a change.

DHiggmo
07-31-2007, 9:53 PM
Hopefully they get they're property back.

ghettoshecky
07-31-2007, 10:27 PM
So if the charges are dropped, can BWO use this as defense or is this still the IGGY explanation of it being up to the discretion of the DAs?

hoffmang
07-31-2007, 10:30 PM
There is also an outside chance that the OAL Petition is forcing BoF to behave and not try to spin certain things about fixed magazines with DAs.

-Gene

LAK Supply
08-01-2007, 6:05 AM
Did Sand actually come out of hiding long enough to talk to you about this, or was this attorney-to-attorney speak?

This could be good... if it his case gets tossed it increases the likelihood that yours will as well.... although since you were actually the one in possession it may be a little different at the end of the day right?

JALLEN
08-01-2007, 10:13 AM
So if the charges are dropped, can BWO use this as defense or is this still the IGGY explanation of it being up to the discretion of the DAs?

The dismissal in and of itself wouldn't be a defense to anyone else, but it is bad for morale for the losing side. Every time charges can't be successfully brought to trial makes it harder to justify the trouble and expense of charging these "violation" in the first place. They have only so many deputies and so many court rooms, and therefore many choices about which cases to pursue. Pursuing cases that are losers isn't as much fun as it might seem to be.

StukaJr
08-01-2007, 12:04 PM
This is a good development for the cause - sucks that the defendant has to persevere through DA making the sense of the law!

If it takes the DA a month extra to prepare the case - maybe, just maybe, they have no grounds to charge the guy in the first place... :confused: It's not like the cop shows I watch, at all!

bwiese
08-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Great news.

I'll let the other Iggy victim/FFL dealer know.

xdimitrix
08-01-2007, 4:57 PM
You should try to get copies of whatever the DOJ tells the DA.

6172crew
08-01-2007, 7:04 PM
Maybe Hunt will have a few more backers when this is all said and done. Why the BOF thinks it needs to waste my $$ is beyond me, I hope they leave some of the wasted money for my kids future.:chris:

Sgt Raven
08-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Maybe Hunt will have a few more backers when this is all said and done. Why the BOF thinks it needs to waste my $$ is beyond me, I hope they leave some of the wasted money for my kids future.:chris:

The "true believers" don't care, the money doesn't come directly from their pockets. :mad:

socalguns
08-01-2007, 11:28 PM
It needs to come from them golden goose style :)

tiki
08-02-2007, 4:26 AM
The "true believers" don't care, the money doesn't come directly from their pockets. :mad:

I was watching the news last night. The topic was the recent bridge collapses, one in Minnesota and the other in Oroville, I think. The news put up the statistics on bridges in this country that are deteriorated and deficient. The California number was 11.1% and the nationwide was in the 20's. A friend of mine asked how we could have 1 in 10 bridges unsafe and under maintained with all the money that is collected in taxes.

I bet you can guess what came to mind. I didn't say anything to her, I just shook my head. :)

troyPhD
08-02-2007, 8:01 PM
Can someone refresh my memory on his one? Was this the Iggy personal vendetta against an FFL?

hoffmang
08-02-2007, 8:18 PM
Basically,

CRT had 2 or 3 Prince-50 equipped OL lower equipped full rifles. They were in the DROS period. BoF seized the three guns and asked the DA to charge CRT and the associated customers. Clearly, the DA doesn't look like they are proceeding against on of the customers.

This one is quite bogus all around and CRT had some additional injustices visited upon him.

-Gene

xenophobe
08-02-2007, 8:24 PM
Those additional issues are bogus beyond magnitude...

JesseXXX
08-02-2007, 8:26 PM
So, will this ultimately help "the" cause....?

CRTguns
08-02-2007, 8:56 PM
Correction... was a miscommunucation and a small lack of communication...

The case was due to be heard on JULY 31- The DA showed up in court and told attorney they need 30 days more to pow wow. I'd guess they had planned on having nothing well in advance because there was no evidence, no expert witness, no nothing from anybody to proceed with a trial.
I'll be selling lowers at the Modesto show this weekend too-Stags on sale for $160- just for good measure. Haven't come this far to drop it now!

LAK Supply
08-02-2007, 8:57 PM
A decisive court decision would be great; dropped charges and a factual finding of innocence would possibly lead to further action in an attempt to right the wrongs committed by the BOF. In a nutshell, it could be anything from good to GREAT for "the cause" depending on how everything works out.

It sure is nice in Wyoming tonight..... I wonder what gun laws I am subjected to here..... :rolleyes::43:

CRTguns
08-02-2007, 10:17 PM
LAK- stay away- stay away as long as you can! And neeeeeever return to the PRK!
We will miss you (still have 3 mini barrels to weld though.)

LAK Supply
08-03-2007, 12:05 PM
I will never live in Commiefornia again.... living under a bridge in Wyoming would be better than a mansion in CA as far as I'm concerned.

I will be back for a week or two to get everything sorted out and get our stuff moved, so I'll be able to get those barrels knocked out for you.

You always have a spare room up here as long as we've got one..... :D

LAK Supply
08-28-2007, 10:10 PM
So....... any new updates today?