PDA

View Full Version : Contemplating Purchasing CW9 - Online or Local?

mikestesting
11-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Let me rephrase this: I am going to purchase the CW9 for my Christmas present. My wife already OK'd buying it for me.

But I have a weird thing where I only like buying items that no one else has touched. I always select all my purchased products from the back of the shelf. All of the guns I have bought have either been online or brought from the back of the store where they haven't been put on display yet.

I found a store near me that has the CW9 for $399 brand new, which is in the front display and they only have one left. I can't beat this price by buying online; not after transfer fee. I don't like it when I pick up guns in-store and I see normal barrel wear/scratches from too many people racking the slide back and forth, and I cringe when I think of how many people may have dry-fired the weapon before me. Please don't come back and tell me the manufacturer already fired it and handled it. Yes, I know.

Does anyone else have this issue? Or am I being crazy?

http://www.dayattherange.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/kahrcw9a.jpg

vintagearms
11-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Let me rephrase this: I am going to purchase the CW9 for my Christmas present. My wife already OK'd buying it for me.

But I have a weird thing where I only like buying items that no one else has touched.

Was your wife a virgin when you met her?

corcoraj2002
11-26-2012, 12:37 PM
It probably has been test fired and manipulated at the factory for test. So you will never get a virgin gun, unless you build one from scratch.

Check it out and if they are no blemishes or wear marks, go for it. oh your a little OCD for guns that are meant to be tools and used

donny douchebag
11-26-2012, 12:46 PM

http://tinyurl.com/2d3ndht

Triad
11-26-2012, 12:49 PM

Sig line quality right there.

Unless you don't plan on shooting it, buy local. I have shot the snot out of my CW40 and it still runs like a champ after about 3k rounds.

12voltguy
11-26-2012, 12:53 PM
dry fire is not a problem
I bought my cw9 for $399, around 6 years ago
I dry fire it all the time
was my ccw gun for last 4 years

Freq18Hz
11-26-2012, 12:56 PM

But I have a weird thing where I only like buying items that no one else has touched. I always select all my purchased products from the back of the shelf. All of the guns I have bought have either been online or brought from the back of the store where they haven't been put on display yet.

I found a store near me that has the CW9 for $399 brand new, which is in the front display and they only have one left. I can't beat this price by buying online; not after transfer fee. I don't like it when I pick up guns in-store and I see normal barrel wear/scratches from too many people racking the slide back and forth, and I cringe when I think of how many people may have dry-fired the weapon before me. Please don't come back and tell me the manufacturer already fired it and handled it. Yes, I know.

http://www.dayattherange.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/kahrcw9a.jpg

Yes to both: Other people have this issue (myself included) and yes you are being crazy.

Shooting 1 round through a new gun will put more wear on it than many instances of hand racking the slide or dry firing it at the dealer.

Guns were meant to be shot.

Compare to guitars: What's the nicer playing/sounding guitar? The one right off the rack/ordered online brand new without a single ding? Or the 25 year old gem, found in the back of an old dusty shop?

People on this forum are WAY too concerned about silly stuff, like round count, dry firing, etc. Mostly it's people who don't understand guns, or metal. Who cares about wear from racking on the barrel? How do the frame and slide rails look? How does the trigger feel? Is the firing pin ok? These are the things that matter.

For instance: people always ask about how many rounds have been through a gun. Who cares? The more important question is, how has it been maintained, and what does the wear look like? Shooting one round through a gun with no lube will put more wear on it than 1000 rounds with proper lube.

Were I you, I would leave the one in the case at the dealer, and instead find a used one somewhere just to prove to yourself that these things you are stressing over DO NOT matter.

-Freq

Calplinker
11-26-2012, 1:07 PM
You can do both. Use Gun Genie at Gallory of Guns. You can buy online and choose the local FFL who charges the least for the transaction.

http://galleryofguns.com/

My wife has the CW9 and I wanted a PM9 for me. Best price I could find local was $699 and few had it in stock. Got it off Gun Genie for $574.

Retailers sign up to sell through this service and there are no hidden fees. Sure, some of them wanted full retail, but most were offering excellent deals.

I wound up driving 20 miles to get it from an FFL who charged an unheard of $15 transfer fee. Got the gun and two spare mags out the door for about $640, including DROS.

Gun Genie is the real deal and pistols such as the Kahr are readily available. Popular rifles and shotguns are more difficult to find as the stock comes from Davidson's warehouse in Prescott, AZ. Oh, that's another thing. Since they are so close, your gun will be in hand at your local FFL long before the 10 day wait is up. Your FFL can call them and get the serial number to start the DROS the day you go in to pay the balance at your FFL.

Your gun will be brand new and better yet, you'll have a full lifetime warranty, which they offer for any gun they sell through their service.

There are lots of threads here on Gun Genie. Check them out if you are doubtful.