PDA

View Full Version : Any recommendations for a decent handgun weaponlight/laser?

em9sredbeam
11-26-2012, 10:50 AM
Just playing with the idea of getting a flashlight/laser combo to mount on one of my toys ranging from 9mm to 45acp. I have seen a lot of mixed reviews online and would like some input on what is out there that is worth buying. I was looking at the Streamlight TLR-4, and some people liked them, some didn't work, but I see lights ranging from $45 to $300. I would like to stay around $150.00, but if there is nothing reliable in that range I will stick with my handheld flashlight. Any recommendations/reviews on what is out there?

Lugiahua
11-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Streamlight TLR series is in that range. They are the contractor for NASA since 70s, which should tells you their reliability.

MA2
11-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Before I bought the tlr4, I read a few reviews to not over tighten the screw or it will break off.
I only hand tighten mine on a .45acp. Working great so far, laser holds zero, no complaints here.

starsnuffer
11-26-2012, 11:29 AM
No experience with the tlr4 or lasers on handguns, but I'm a big fan of the tlr3 on compact weapons especially. I run one on my nightstand gun (USPc40) and the light stays on the weapon at the range. Other then needing to clean the powder residue off the lens, it's worked flawlessly after several thousand rounds.

-W