PDA

View Full Version : Where do you guys buy your G19 mags?

Mossy Man
11-25-2012, 10:10 PM
10-rounders.

Everywhere I see Glock-brand mags are $30+

Are there any other aftermarket Glock mags that are reliable?

shhh
11-25-2012, 10:21 PM
check the classifieds/for sale on glocktalk.com and maybe exile machine?

zod
11-25-2012, 10:23 PM
Exile Machine. (https://www.exilemachine.net/shop/magazine-glock-19-9mm-10rd-2254.html) $25 each, free shipping promo. Sometimes you can get lucky in the Private Firearms Accessories section.

stitch_paradox
11-25-2012, 10:24 PM
MCX, $25 no tax.

SA227driver
11-25-2012, 10:26 PM
www.botachtactical.com

$22-no tax and free shipping

ChrisKalan
11-25-2012, 10:33 PM
EBay.
I have gotten OEM mags for between 22 to 26 each.

INFAMOUS762X39
11-25-2012, 11:00 PM
EBay.
I have gotten OEM mags for between 22 to 26 each.

Same here.

I maybe want to give Botach another try, but they seriously need to specify if they have certain items in stock or not.

uhlan1
11-25-2012, 11:05 PM
Botach is sketchy, I use Exile Machine.

SA227driver
11-25-2012, 11:24 PM
Botach is sketchy, I use Exile Machine.

Never had a problem with Botach. I know some people have had hit or miss experiences with certain items being in stock, but I haven't had any of those experiences.

drifter2be
11-26-2012, 2:32 AM
I've bought all my factory Glock mags from Glockmeister, typically $25 each.

I have had a lot of success with KCI korean military mags in my G19. They do require a little clean up before you use them, a lot of excess plastic from the manufacturing, nothing a few minutes with a razor blade can't fix. Use three of them as my regular "range mags" and have over 150 rounds through each of them now without a single failure of any kind. Reliable enough to trust them as carry mags, but I only use factory glock mags for that...if S ever does HTF I know I can trust them, which is why I have a few and am ordering 6 more when I place my next order with CDNN

TacticalPlinker
11-26-2012, 2:41 AM
Exile Machine. (https://www.exilemachine.net/shop/magazine-glock-19-9mm-10rd-2254.html) $25 each, free shipping promo. Sometimes you can get lucky in the Private Firearms Accessories section.

Is the promo a code for Calguns, or just a limited "black friday" type thing?

uhlan1
11-26-2012, 7:23 AM
Never had a problem with Botach. I know some people have had hit or miss experiences with certain items being in stock, but I haven't had any of those experiences.

Well, I've read complaints of bad service and then there's this, page two on the "off topics" forum

The L.A. Weekly alleges that Boteach’s father, Yoav Botach, a wealthy real estate owner and Boteach’s brother, Bar-Kochba Botach, a law-enforcement supplier, are really high-level arms merchants who may be in cahoots with a felonious outfit in Miami Beach. Through a confusing web of allegations, the Weekly connects Bar-Kochba’s L.A.-based law enforcement supply company, Botach Tactical, with the now defunct arms dealership AEY Inc. of Miami Beach run by Yoav Botach’s grandson, Efraim Diveroli, who was convicted of conspiracy in 2008.
Is this the schmear?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/24/us/24arms.html?_r=0

Nerfherder
11-26-2012, 8:31 AM
$23.66
http://www.tradingpostsupply.com/mggl10019.html

I've made a few purchases here without any problems/complaints.

TacticalPlinker
11-26-2012, 5:15 PM
Well, I've read complaints of bad service and then there's this, page two on the "off topics" forum

The L.A. Weekly alleges that Boteach’s father, Yoav Botach, a wealthy real estate owner and Boteach’s brother, Bar-Kochba Botach, a law-enforcement supplier, are really high-level arms merchants who may be in cahoots with a felonious outfit in Miami Beach. Through a confusing web of allegations, the Weekly connects Bar-Kochba’s L.A.-based law enforcement supply company, Botach Tactical, with the now defunct arms dealership AEY Inc. of Miami Beach run by Yoav Botach’s grandson, Efraim Diveroli, who was convicted of conspiracy in 2008.
Is this the schmear?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/24/us/24arms.html?_r=0

Yeah, I see ZERO reason to order from Botach. For every positive feedback I've come across, I hear 10 negative. Every retailer will have its haters and negative experiences, but the crap I hear about Botach goes beyond just a few upset customers. I'm really surprised they are still in business...

My message to Calguns it this;
Buy what you want from who you want, but you're the only person to blame if you get screwed out of your money. I NEVER buy from an unknown dealer or a dealer with an overwhelming negative reputation. I rather pay a few extra bucks for a guarantee I will get exactly what I'm buying when I order it and receive it in a timely professional manner.

The truth does not cease to exist because it is ignored. The information it out there. Like everything, do you research and make your own decisions.

zod
11-26-2012, 7:00 PM
Is the promo a code for Calguns, or just a limited "black friday" type thing?

I believe it ends today. It was for Black Friday, small business Saturday, and Cyber Monday.

ClarenceBoddicker
11-26-2012, 7:33 PM
The old pre 1994 AWB ProMag plastic covered G-17 & G-19 mags work good if you replace the spring with a Glock or quality aftermarket one. The all plastic ProMag or USA Mag ones are junk. The old pre 1994 AWB Scherer G-18 non drop free mags work fine as is & even better with a Glock or quality aftermarket spring. Back in the day Glock factory mag parts like springs & followers from Glock were very cheap.

TheCorporation
11-26-2012, 8:34 PM
I can find them for $20-$25 online. You just have to shop around. Cheaper than dirt, etc.