PDA

View Full Version : FNP .45 tactical, any thoughts?

Cali_Tac
11-24-2012, 7:58 PM
Hello, everyone. I wanted to get feedback about the FNP 45 tactical, anybody have first hand experience with this particular platform. Also would this be available via SSE? Thanks on advance for your input.

Bobby Hated
11-24-2012, 8:17 PM
you find them on the marketplace every now and then. they are always grossly overpriced.

i had a SS one and i sold it. slide too top heavy, too wide and i hated the trigger. alot of great ideas in that gun, but it could be seriously improved upon.

i wanted to love it but it just couldnt hold a candle to my HK USP. plus theres very few choices for aftermarket parts for them.

Cali_Tac
11-25-2012, 11:26 AM
HK usp, I'll have to do some research. Thanks

jess1911
11-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Depending on where you are ive got one ill sell you. The tacticals have dried up and i doubt youll get a sse on one. They never made a tactical in ss so iam not sure what bobbys talking about.

zfields
11-25-2012, 11:34 AM
I wasn't impressed with the one I shot. The sights are a pain in the *** to get used to, the gun is just big, and the trigger is nothing special.

jess1911
11-25-2012, 11:50 AM
The sights do take some getting used to but they are meant to be used with an rmr type sight.

zfields
11-25-2012, 11:52 AM
The sights do take some getting used to but they are meant to be used with an rmr type sight.

Well, they are called suppressor sights :P Part of the reason why it comes with a threaded barrel also.

But they work for RMR's also!

jess1911
11-25-2012, 11:56 AM
Yes. They work great with my ospry. Diddnt get the fde ospry. Got the black to match my kriss sbr.

zfields
11-25-2012, 11:59 AM
Yes. They work great with my ospry. Diddnt get the fde ospry. Got the black to match my kriss sbr.

Good call. I'd like to shoot a suppressed one. Damn gun is a hog already, why not hang another pound on the muzzle. The one my friend has he didn't have the RMR installed on yet, may have changed my mind on it a bit more.

As is, it seems they threw every option they could on it, and hoped it would stick.

supermanuf
11-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Had my eyes on one of these forever, and when I finally had the opportunity to shoot one, I realized I didn't like it for all the reasons mentioned... I ended up getting the Sig Scorpion 1911 instead and I'm very happy with it.

Q619
11-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Shot one and didn't like it. The two best full size poly .45's I've shot and own are the Gen 4 Glock 21 and the HK45.

Cali_Tac
11-25-2012, 6:50 PM
Supermauf, have you had any problems with the finish on the Sig Scorpion? I considered the P220 Scorpion, but have seen alot of posts/you tube vids about problems with the finish & that the Sig customer service hasn't been too helpful.

Bobby Hated
11-25-2012, 7:23 PM
Depending on where you are ive got one ill sell you. The tacticals have dried up and i doubt youll get a sse on one. They never made a tactical in ss so iam not sure what bobbys talking about.

yeah mine was not a tactical. it was a SS slide. theres really no substantive difference. just tall sights and a color coat. and the threaded barrell which we cant have anyways.

the gun itself i was very disappointed with.

it would however be my first choice if i was planing to pistol whip someone.

supermanuf
11-26-2012, 7:21 AM
Supermauf, have you had any problems with the finish on the Sig Scorpion? I considered the P220 Scorpion, but have seen alot of posts/you tube vids about problems with the finish & that the Sig customer service hasn't been too helpful.

No problem with the finish whatsoever. It looks beautiful. Just took some friends to a range day, and it was by far their favorite gun. I've got about 500 rounds through it at this point, and it's just about broken in. Yes, the cerakote wears off the slide rails internally... But it's supposed to! Once it gets worn down in there, the gun loosens up a bit and shoots like a dream. Externally, it still looks brand new--even at the accessory rail, where I've probably slid my flashlight on and off 50+ times at this point.

uhlan1
11-26-2012, 7:56 AM
I've never had a problem with the finish on my Scorpion as well.

email
11-26-2012, 8:21 AM
It's good for man hands only.