PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having a hard time finding CZs

brandon91
11-23-2012, 2:24 AM
Well the time has finally come, I turned 21 two weeks ago. I have been wanting to get a CZ 75 B for at least three years now and now that I can buy one, can't find any. I have been trying to find one to purchase when the time came for about 2 months and cant find one for the life of me, every gun store and online dealer is out. The occasional ones I see on calguns or gunbroker are either too far away for ppt or do not ship to CA, bummer. Should I just get a glock since they're easy to come by and cheap, I really would like to start practicing handgun shooting. I'm in the IE btw.

Distro
11-23-2012, 3:20 AM
I'm all for Glocks but you should never "just get a _____ since they are easier to come by." That works for something like an RIA and a Springfield 1911 where the Springfield might be hard to find in stock, but a 1911 is still a 1911.

If you simply can't wait for the gun you want, try a few different guns at a range or handle them at a store at minimum. Who knows, something like an XD or an M&P or even Glock might fit you best and be available.

brandon91
11-23-2012, 3:34 AM
Haha ya I didn't mean it quite like that I wouldn't buy on a whim, I have held and shot a few glocks and do like them, however, I guess I have just been set on the CZ for a while. I guess what I'm getting at is I have no reference as to what compares because I've never owned a handgun or shot all that many. Maybe I need to take the dive and chalk it up to experience if I end up not liking it that much.

Yerman
11-23-2012, 3:48 AM
I'm on the same boat. Please post here if you do find one in stock. I'm looking for a SP-01 Tactical.

Mine doesn't need to ship to CA because I am using a middle man out-of-state to do an SSE for me. Thanks.

JamminJ
11-23-2012, 6:15 AM
Fowler Gun Room in Orange had a few last time I was there. Several 75B's in .40 and at least one in 9 mm.

jimdecarlo
11-23-2012, 6:21 AM
I concur, I was just there the other day to get my Browning Hi-Power 9mm out of jail and they had a few CZ's in stock.

zfields
11-23-2012, 7:06 AM
czcustoms.com

cwin
11-23-2012, 7:58 AM
They are scarce right now. I got lucky and found 3 at my LGS a few weeks ago and bought one on the spot. They didn't last long.

Freq18Hz
11-23-2012, 8:45 AM
Glocks are what they are, but they are definitely not a substitute for a CZ.

You should wait it out. CZ-75b is a gun that you can buy, never grow tired of, and keep for your entire life and pass it on.

Find a dealer that regularly stocks them, and just be patient. Zfields also recommended a great option. You could even get a trigger job done etc. before it ships out to you.

-Freq

uhlan1
11-23-2012, 9:06 AM
They are all the rage right now, it'll calm down. Great guns though.

paul0660
11-23-2012, 9:11 AM
Try impactguns.com. It used to be if they did not have it in stock, it wasn't listed.

bsumoba
11-23-2012, 9:27 AM
i got lucky also. found a SP-01 and P-01 at Targetmasters in Milpitas at the same time. Ended up snatching both. You can put a hold on one and when it comes in, they will notify you.

If you want a CZ, wait and get a CZ. Don't settle. Im glad I didn't.

Speedpower
11-23-2012, 10:04 AM
They are all the rage right now, it'll calm down. Great guns though.

The SP-01 have been a "RAGE" for straight 2 years already! :D

For the OP, I suggest go to Turners and put a 30% deposit and be on the waiting list!

Euphoria526
11-23-2012, 10:07 AM
I got lucky and grabbed mine when I found em, Being harder and harder to find. Only pistols I own lol. Don't buy anything else unless it fits and shoots right.
For me it was between a baretta 92fs or the p01, I got the cz, bet ill eventually own one.

BoJackUSMC
11-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Call Stockhade in Westminster, they have it, but price is little high compare to other gun stores.

Euphoria526
11-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Not sure about today or right this second. But oaktree usually has at least one 75b lying around.

markw
11-23-2012, 11:53 AM
I just found a CZ97B, 75B and SP01.....in my safe. :) Good luck on finding them. I've got notifications set for galleryofguns.com which will give you a quote from local dealers. Watch them and czcustom.com. On the 75 do either the SA, or the SP01 to get the higher cut beavertail.

Mark

Socalmedix
11-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Oaktree Gun Club has a 75B in 9mm and one in .40

FYI

Speedpower
11-23-2012, 12:25 PM
Found mine a month ago at Gunsamerica.com, I know a gun store in Florida that have it (at least last month they have 3) pm me for phone #

TATER313
11-23-2012, 12:31 PM
Here is one one gunbroker and cal legal. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=317986798

JeremyS
11-23-2012, 12:38 PM
Grabagun has a few in stock. Many not on the roster though.

http://grabagun.com/cz-usa-91131-cz75bd-9mm-16rd-dckr-ll-lci.html
http://grabagun.com/cz-75b-40s-w-4-7-2-tone-2-10rd.html
http://grabagun.com/cz-75-tac-spt-9mm-5-4-2-tone-2-20rd.html
http://grabagun.com/cz-97b-45acp-4-8-blk-2-10rd.html
(disregard the incorrect photo on this one) http://grabagun.com/cz-usa-91113-cz75-omega-9mm-16rd-ns-3mag.html

Euphoria526
11-23-2012, 1:38 PM
Oaktree Gun Club has a 75B in 9mm and one in .40

FYI

I was too busy looking at my rifle to notice these. I thought they only had the .9mm

JeremyS
11-23-2012, 1:54 PM
I thought they only had the .9mm

.9 mm? Like, it shoots out a needle or something? :p (same w/ your signature... I think you mean 9 mm)

missiontrails
11-23-2012, 2:14 PM
I have owned a P01... kept it for 2 months. Came pre-rusted on the inside when I bought it new, and over all finish sucked. The CZ was reliable through 200 rounds, but so have been all of the other handguns I have owned over the years. I'm on my second Glock now (G17 Gen 3), and they are just so much more fun to customize and personalize. The Glock internals come apart with nothing more than a punch, so easy it's a joke. Upgrade parts cost NOTHING. Glock factory extended slide release $13, Glock extended magazine release $6, Ghost 3.5lb trigger connector $13, and any other upgrade you want is so reasonable and readily available. Glocks are kinda like AR's as far as customizing YOURSELF. The finish on the Glock is superior... PERIOD.... NO other handgun has as durable and consistent of a finish on the slide and barrel (can you name one?). The CZ's have a more ergonomic grip, but so what.... it's a gun. Even sight choices for the Glocks are plentiful, and not expensive. Holsters tons, a light rail... ya better spend $700 for a SP-01 if you want that (or smaller P01). CZ's have a heritage, but they are not all that. Accuracy is sometimes subjective, but I could not shoot the P01 even as close to as well as I could shoot my Walther P99 that I had at the same time...

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd451/dehlers1/CZ.jpg

vinced57
11-23-2012, 2:21 PM
Sacramento Black Rifle usually has a few CZ's (916) 771-3553. I have a P-01 and love it! Good luck!

missiontrails
11-23-2012, 2:22 PM
Glocks are what they are, but they are definitely not a substitute for a CZ.

You should wait it out. CZ-75b is a gun that you can buy, never grow tired of, and keep for your entire life and pass it on.

Find a dealer that regularly stocks them, and just be patient. Zfields also recommended a great option. You could even get a trigger job done etc. before it ships out to you.

-Freq

Hmmm how so? What is the heavier CZ going to do better for the average shooter that a Glock won't? I'm a prior CZ owner. Just saying that if OP had to "settle" for a glock, he's giving up NOTHING.

CZ:
Heavier
Subpar finish, "Polycoat" is a total joke.
Not nearly as corrosion resistant
Slide profile to thin to get good grip under duress to rack slide
75B no accessory rail
Upgrades are slim (unless you consider grips a real upgrade)
Usually sold for more than MSRP (by a little) because supply is low
Slim holster choices

zfields
11-23-2012, 2:31 PM
I have owned a P01... kept it for 2 months. Came pre-rusted on the inside when I bought it new, and over all finish sucked. The CZ was reliable through 200 rounds, but so have been all of the other handguns I have owned over the years. I'm on my second Glock now (G17 Gen 3), and they are just so much more fun to customize and personalize. The Glock internals come apart with nothing more than a punch, so easy it's a joke. Upgrade parts cost NOTHING. Glock factory extended slide release $13, Glock extended magazine release $6, Ghost 3.5lb trigger connector $13, and any other upgrade you want is so reasonable and readily available. Glocks are kinda like AR's as far as customizing YOURSELF. The finish on the Glock is superior... PERIOD.... NO other handgun has as durable and consistent of a finish on the slide and barrel (can you name one?). The CZ's have a more ergonomic grip, but so what.... it's a gun. Even sight choices for the Glocks are plentiful, and not expensive. Holsters tons, a light rail... ya better spend $700 for a SP-01 if you want that (or smaller P01). CZ's have a heritage, but they are not all that. Accuracy is sometimes subjective, but I could not shoot the P01 even as close to as well as I could shoot my Walther P99 that I had at the same time...

AH yes, the infamous sample size of one. Considering how rare you hear any issues with the internal finish being an issue ( damn near never ), one case doesn't hold much water with me.

As for as a similar/durable finish...there are plenty that use almost an identical process ; Springfield XD, S&W M&P, Steyr m9 (which actually uses "tenifer"not just a melonite process), etc.

Surprise, just about all guns come apart with just a punch, and you can do the upgrading yourself also. Yes, CZ upgrades are more expensive, pretty inline with a 1911, whats your point? Even with the ghost connector, and upgraded fulcrum style trigger, they come nowhere close to a tuned CZ. Not everyone likes glocks, shoots them well, or cares for them. I don't know why you think anyone is bashing on your fantastic plastic, they are great guns, just not for everyone.

missiontrails
11-23-2012, 2:52 PM
AH yes, the infamous sample size of one. Considering how rare you hear any issues with the internal finish being an issue ( damn near never ), one case doesn't hold much water with me.

As for as a similar/durable finish...there are plenty that use almost an identical process ; Springfield XD, S&W M&P, Steyr m9 (which actually uses "tenifer"not just a melonite process), etc.

Surprise, just about all guns come apart with just a punch, and you can do the upgrading yourself also. Yes, CZ upgrades are more expensive, pretty inline with a 1911, whats your point? Even with the ghost connector, and upgraded fulcrum style trigger, they come nowhere close to a tuned CZ. Not everyone likes glocks, shoots them well, or cares for them. I don't know why you think anyone is bashing on your fantastic plastic, they are great guns, just not for everyone.

My point was that if OP could not find a CZ, he would have fun with a glock and all the low cost available upgrades. Your point about the other plastic guns having as STRONG of a finish as the Glock, you're mistaken. Remember the first M&P's? The finish on those slides would almost come of with a rag, and a few guys who carried them holstered in damp environments saw their slides rust. Glocks slide finish has even been tested as being "harder" than HK's hostile environment finish. You can use the word "tenifer" all you want, but it's the application process of it that matters. REAL Tenifer finish can't be applied in the US because the process uses cyanide.... All of the US made and finished guns use a "green environment safe" Melanite process. I never said that MY CZ did not perform as it should. BTW, at the time I bought that P01.. Turners had a SP-01 that was pre sold to someone else... IT WAS PRE RUSTED also on the inside, not a lot, but too much for a supposed $700 pistol. Also, the inside of the slide looked "slightly over sprayed", not actually finished. That pistol would have shot just fine... Just saying that CZ is NOT the mythical magic carpet that everyone makes them out to be. BTW, check my old posts.. I just sold my Springfield Loaded 1911 9mm, which I also customized with internals.. well aware of the similarities in price to the CZ for "work" to be done. Squeeze the smooth and light trigger on my G17 at 20 yards and see where the holes are punched... no less spectacular than the CZ:)

Euphoria526
11-23-2012, 3:23 PM
.9 mm? Like, it shoots out a needle or something? :p (same w/ your signature... I think you mean 9 mm)

Yes I foolishly put the . Before calibers on instinct. Lol
Yes I do mean 9mm. How long have you seen it and not said anything? Lol Jk

Eldraque
11-23-2012, 3:29 PM
My dad bought the last CZ 75b .40 on Budsgunshop a few weeks ago lol. gets out of jail on monday =)

JeremyS
11-23-2012, 3:36 PM
Haha I think I only noticed it in your sig because it was in your post. Tons of people do it all the time. I've seen .9mm in newspapers and police reports many times. It was always disconcerting to me to get police reports for my neighborhood with things like .9mm (which was in there almost weekly), 12 caliber shotgun, and other really weird stuff of that sort.

missiontrails: okay, point made. OP's looking for places with CZ's in stock so move along here, nothing to see. P.S. -- the M&P example is a poor one, as it wasn't the fault of their ferritic nitrocarburizing process, which plenty of companies do with and without cyanide to a very high level. The M&P has a stainless slide, which is a really bad choice for this process. Not sure why they did it. If Glock would have tried to tenifer/melonite the same slide, they would have gotten the same results. Beretta's "pronox" is an example of the same sort of treatment applied to a degree where it is, by all accounts, as "strong" as Glock's application but it actually looks even better. Dan Wesson's black treatment is excellent, and it's very similar to Severn's Custom's Hard Hat, which is an amazing treatment. NP3 (a nickle teflon treatment) is extremely, extremely durable. There are plenty of examples of equivalently durable treatments. There are a lot of durable coatings as well; CZ's polycoat among them. Not as scratch resistant as some of the treatments, but it's very abrasion resistant for things like holster wear. And we've all seen plenty of glocks with holster wear so it's not like it's magic.

missiontrails
11-23-2012, 3:46 PM
Haha I think I only noticed it in your sig because it was in your post. Tons of people do it all the time. I've seen .9mm in newspapers and police reports many times. It was always disconcerting to me to get police reports for my neighborhood with things like .9mm (which was in there almost weekly), 12 caliber shotgun, and other really weird stuff of that sort.

missiontrails: okay, point made. OP's looking for places with CZ's in stock so move along here, nothing to see. P.S. -- the M&P example is a poor one, as it wasn't the fault of their ferritic nitrocarburizing process, which plenty of companies do with and without cyanide to a very high level. The M&P has a stainless slide, which is a really bad choice for this process. Not sure why they did it. If Glock would have tried to tenifer/melonite the same slide, they would have gotten the same results. Beretta's "pronox" is an example of the same sort of treatment applied to a degree where it is, by all accounts, as "strong" as Glock's application but it actually looks even better. Dan Wesson's black treatment is excellent, and it's very similar to Severn's Custom's Hard Hat, which is an amazing treatment. NP3 (a nickle teflon treatment) is extremely, extremely durable. There are plenty of examples of equivalently durable treatments. There are a lot of durable coatings as well; CZ's polycoat among them. Not as scratch resistant as some of the treatments, but it's very abrasion resistant for things like holster wear. And we've all seen plenty of glocks with holster wear so it's not like it's magic.

Um, the OP did say "or should I just buy a Glock"... or something along those lines... right? I was sticking to topic, and injected personal experience. With the number of different handguns I have owned over the past 10 years.. I should be committed. Owned 2 Berettas over the course, sold my M9 4 months ago. I like Berettas Brunition finish, but it WILL scratch before a Glocks does... that's a promise.

whipkiller
11-23-2012, 4:16 PM
that CZ is NOT the mythical magic carpet that everyone makes them out to be. :)

Actually it is, just not for you, and that's fine. There's a reason "everyone" is making them out to be magic.

OP, if you like Glock's and want to get one rather than wait for what you really want go ahead.

Myself, I don't care for Glocks only because I can't shoot well with them as easily as I can with my other guns, particularly my CZ SP-01.

If it were me, I would wait for the one I really want. They come in, they just get sold FAST (for good reason) so you have to keep looking and be ready to act when you find one.

brandon91
11-23-2012, 4:44 PM
thanks everyone for their advice and places to check.

Paul053
11-23-2012, 4:55 PM
Don't quote me on this because I heard it from the manager at Turners. He said that CZs were hard to find in Ca cause they outsource their ten Rd magazines but make their normal capacity mags in house. They have been selling so well everywhere else that to hold a bunch of cz's just for the Californian market doesn't make sense since they are such a hot item.

Could be wrong but I'm just passing on what was told to me.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Euphoria526
11-23-2012, 7:11 PM
thanks everyone for their advice and places to check.

No problem, I believe myself and a bunch of knuckle heads on here are just trying to say "don't settle" get what you want no matter the wait. YOu want what you want and are confident with that weapon no reason to settle and train with something else. You can find em, just keep looking.

JeremyS
11-23-2012, 8:35 PM
He said that CZs were hard to find in Ca cause they outsource their ten Rd magazines but make their normal capacity mags in house.

Yeah, totally not true. They're all made by MecGar regardless of round count. The 10-round ones are in stock at plenty of places, so if the guns were available at all, CZ Custom would have them in stock and would be able to ship them to you. The fact is, it's NOT just CA-legal CZ's with 10-round mags that are out of stock, and they're not only hard to find in CA. They're nationally backordered. Just go on the CZ Custom website and look for yourself. Nearly all of the guns, from plain 75B's to SP-01s to whatever else are "on order." And that's for the normal capacity. So claiming CA 10-round mag stuff doesn't hold water whatsoever from any angle.

BadMatt
11-23-2012, 8:49 PM
Call up CZ Customs. They will swap in 10 rd mags for you. They will also tell you when they have your particular gun in stock.

Rorge Retson
11-23-2012, 8:54 PM
Don't quote me on this because I heard it from the manager at Turners. He said that CZs were hard to find in Ca cause they outsource their ten Rd magazines but make their normal capacity mags in house. They have been selling so well everywhere else that to hold a bunch of cz's just for the Californian market doesn't make sense since they are such a hot item.

Could be wrong but I'm just passing on what was told to me.

That does not surprise me. :rolleyes:

Turner's must get their people from New York City, where the motto is "If you don't know the answer, make something up!" :smilielol5:

uhlan1
11-23-2012, 9:06 PM

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd451/dehlers1/CZ.jpg

I love Glocks, I have 8 of them. They never fail. Sooo easy to maintain. But my Glock 34 cost almost 700.00 once the store and state were done with me. Yes, you can't do all the trick stuff with a CZ as you can with a Glock, most yourself and on the cheap. But, and maybe it's just me, I out-shoot every Glock, Sig and SA I own with my SP-01 and I got some nice ones.
Sometimes you just have to hook up with a FFL or store that is willing to go the extra mile for you. After pulling my hair out, I was able to get a CZ 75 TS in both 9 and .40. Pick one up tomorrow...yea!

RL15
11-23-2012, 9:17 PM
Was in Barnwood Arms today (black Friday) and they have 5 CZ in stock

CitiZen-75
11-23-2012, 9:23 PM
I picked up a CZ 75B .40 S&W last September at Gun World in Burbank. They also had a CZ 75 Compact 9mm on display.

I was at Guns Direct in Burbank last October picking up a transfer (rifle) and saw they had the CZ 75 B .40 S&W too.

I picked up a CZ 75 B SA 9mm from my local FFL just last week. I bought it from www.damascusgunshop.com. They will ship the gun with 10-round magazines.

Just checked their site right now. They still have CZ 75 B in .40 & 9mm and a couple of the SP-01.

Hurry!

daybreak
11-23-2012, 9:29 PM
Had a glock 17 for a week and could not wait to get if off my hands. Just felt disgusting compared to my SP01.

Sold the glock, bought a couple CZ Shadows and never looked back. Shooting the CZs make me feel like a pro. There is a reason they are all the rage right now. They're freaking sweet weapons and very popular in the competition crowd. Glocks are too, but I definitely feel a changing of the guard coming.

Rorge Retson
11-24-2012, 3:43 PM
I love Glocks, I have 8 of them. They never fail. Sooo easy to maintain. But my Glock 34 cost almost 700.00 once the store and state were done with me. Yes, you can't do all the trick stuff with a CZ as you can with a Glock, most yourself and on the cheap. But, and maybe it's just me, I out-shoot every Glock, Sig and SA I own with my SP-01 and I got some nice ones.
Sometimes you just have to hook up with a FFL or store that is willing to go the extra mile for you. After pulling my hair out, I was able to get a CZ 75 TS in both 9 and .40. Pick one up tomorrow...yea!

Better see pics when you get it!! ;)

CAGLS
11-25-2012, 2:51 PM
I picked up a CZ 75B .40 S&W last September at Gun World in Burbank. They also had a CZ 75 Compact 9mm on display.

I was at Guns Direct in Burbank last October picking up a transfer (rifle) and saw they had the CZ 75 B .40 S&W too.

I picked up a CZ 75 B SA 9mm from my local FFL just last week. I bought it from www.damascusgunshop.com. They will ship the gun with 10-round magazines.

Just checked their site right now. They still have CZ 75 B in .40 & 9mm and a couple of the SP-01.

Hurry!

Thanks CitiZen-75.

USMC 82-86
11-25-2012, 2:54 PM
I saw 2 in the counter at Field Time sports in Westminster yesterday.

ZNinerFan
11-25-2012, 3:09 PM
I ordered an SP-01 through my favorite local shop and it took about 3 weeks to show up and they usually source most of their guns through Davidson's. If you aren't in a rush to get one right now and have a favorite shop, it wouldn't hurt to see if they can order in exactly what you are looking for.

As for the CZ vs. Glock debate, I keep a bone stock Glock 17 in my night stand. But shooting the SP-01, also bone stock, is a real treat. I recently took a friend to the range who hadn't really shot handguns before and his groups with the CZ were better compared to the Glock. He even commented on how much he enjoyed shooting the CZ over the Glock.

I have toyed with the idea of switching over to CZ's completely but I appreciate the engineering simplicity of the Glock too much to ever let it go.