PDA

View Full Version : open carry

Dont_Shoot_im_Chinese
11-22-2012, 2:09 PM
If the average California resident isn't allowed to open carry, how are security guards able to?

canative
11-22-2012, 2:49 PM
I think it's called an "Exposed Firearm Permit".

Intimid8tor
11-22-2012, 3:07 PM

otherwise known as a guard card.

Fortified Peasant
11-22-2012, 3:27 PM
I think that most security gaurds are on Private Property too. It would seem to me that anyone in CA can open carrey on thier own property, or posibly a range that allowed it???

Eldraque
11-22-2012, 3:39 PM
you have to go through training to get your Guard Card, Pepper Spray training, Handcuff, Baton, sometimes Taser, and then you train to earn your exposed firearm permit, you also have to re-qualify with it twice a year with each individual caliber that you choose to get certified for.

You are only allowed to wear it in the car on your way to work, and of course at work.

basically permission from the government, and permission from your client. you dont just get hired, strap on a gun and go work.

CitaDeL
11-22-2012, 3:43 PM
So far, the answers are mostly correct... the California Department of Consumer Affairs (These are the same people who issue licenses for cosmotologists.) issues a permit for armed security. It is a revocable and regulated privilege for commercial interests and has nothing to do with an essential liberty.

wildhawker
11-22-2012, 4:21 PM
It could be argued that economic freedoms are an essential liberty, but I digress... :D

paul0660
11-22-2012, 4:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canative View Post
otherwise known as a guard card.

So there is no misinformation, these are NOT the same things. A guard card means you were taught the in and outs of your legal authority with the public. The firearms permit requires proficiency in sidearm use and knowledge of legal sidearm use.

EM2
11-22-2012, 6:02 PM
It could be argued that economic freedoms are an essential liberty, but I digress... :D

I like your line of thought & agree.

However... the gov may not see it this way, otherwise we would not be taxed for our labours.

Librarian
11-22-2012, 8:02 PM
Asked and answered - BSIS guard card plus exposed firearms permit.