PDA

View Full Version : Help me out. What to do with extra gun lock?

Lumpia is sarap!
11-22-2012, 12:55 PM
With a whole bunch of guns I've accumulated throughout the years, I have a lot of gun locks.

So to lessen the clutter, I need suggestions on what to do with them?

Thanks!

luchador768
11-22-2012, 1:18 PM
Give em' to your local gun shop next time u buy something, then ask for a discount.

Or you can shoot them. I forgot the keys to one my last trip to BLM land. One shot from my .45 freed the trapped gun!

tradecraft
11-22-2012, 1:29 PM
I use my extra gun locks to lock my extra gun locks up.

email
11-22-2012, 1:32 PM
Lock up bikes on the street.

Who's bike...not sure.

pietropau9
11-22-2012, 1:50 PM
christmas tree ornaments????

winnre
11-22-2012, 1:52 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__rUpQ9i6emk/Sq5P5ZhJ5rI/AAAAAAAACeo/Jv59ZrZpWek/s400/bagel+and+lox.jpg

SparkYZ
11-22-2012, 2:13 PM
I have like 10 that just take up space. I use one, to lock the range bag I put pistols in.

If using a cable lock through the action if a firearm doesn't satisfy the locked case requirement, why does CA make us buy them?

DrLecter
11-22-2012, 3:27 PM
What kind of locks? Use them for whatever other stuff you need locked up.

timmyb21
11-22-2012, 3:33 PM
I like the bike idea.

winnre
11-22-2012, 3:50 PM
How about give them to a local gun store so they can give the locks to folks who get PPT guns and need locks? Unless said gun store is so cheap to sell locks specifically for this.

MotoriousRacing
11-22-2012, 3:54 PM
You need to buy more guns.

4DMASTR
11-22-2012, 4:10 PM
A friend borrowed my bike to get to work and locked it with a gun lock. I miss that bike. Secure they are not :(

uhlan1
11-22-2012, 5:13 PM
I like the X-Mas tree idea. I got a ton, all different colors.

Ponderosa2
11-22-2012, 6:03 PM
I use them to lock my garage door closed when I'll be out of town for any length of time. They are perfect to run through one of the many holes in the track and then through one of the holes on the door itself, thus locking it in place. I'm not sure it's really necessary, but I like feeling like I've done all I can to secure my house when I leave.

11-22-2012, 7:15 PM
They're garbage ... throw 'em in the trash.

Gringo Bandito
11-22-2012, 7:29 PM
I use one to lock my helmet to my motorcycle. That is about the best use I have found for the locks I have around the house.

NytWolf
11-22-2012, 7:40 PM
I have like 10 that just take up space. I use one, to lock the range bag I put pistols in.

If using a cable lock through the action if a firearm doesn't satisfy the locked case requirement, why does CA make us buy them?

The children.

Guns R Tools
11-22-2012, 7:44 PM
You can lock ladders, skil saw, tool boxes etc.

But beware that many locks share same key. So don't trust it too much.

Regaberto
11-22-2012, 7:54 PM
Our LGS takes them in and gives them to people who are buying and need one.

dpop24
11-22-2012, 9:04 PM
I use my extra gun locks to lock my extra gun locks up.

This is what I do. All my locks hang from a single lock.

They're garbage ... throw 'em in the trash.

This is my brother's plan and I'm starting to like his plan better than mine.

Bigtwin
11-22-2012, 9:13 PM
Maybe just sell them to the local school kids as bike locks!
Step one= get a bunch of locks(from firearm purchases)
Step two= Sell to local kids for bike locks
Step three= ?
Step four= profit!

That system works great right up until the kid gets arested for the fire arm brand name on the lock!
Close up the lock sales company you have just begun and move to another state!LOL

kel-tec-innovations
11-22-2012, 9:23 PM
So far they are just paper weight. Shoot them as target practice?

kel-tec-innovations
11-22-2012, 9:24 PM
PUT THE LOCKS ON ANTI-GUN BRADY BUNCH'S CARS, GATES, BIKES, MOTORCYCLES ETC. so they would get so pissed and ban the locks ! problem solved. cleaned out your extra locks and once banned you won't worry about accumulating new ones :rolleyes:

Elysium
11-22-2012, 9:30 PM
Lock the two separate ends of two different locks together and make yourself some poor man's nunchucks and pretend to be a ninja turtle?

925topher
11-22-2012, 9:32 PM
Buy an equil ammount of "Truck nuts"
go around using the locks to nut-up random pick-ups

JeremyS
11-22-2012, 10:19 PM
I use one to lock my helmet to my motorcycle.

This is exactly what I use one of mine for as well. As for the other bunch of 'em... collecting dust in a cabinet.

the_t0ny
11-22-2012, 10:31 PM
PUT THE LOCKS ON ANTI-GUN BRADY BUNCH'S CARS, GATES, BIKES, MOTORCYCLES ETC. so they would get so pissed and ban the locks ! problem solved. cleaned out your extra locks and once banned you won't worry about accumulating new ones :rolleyes:

Best idea so far, next would be to donate to local shops for PPT. Member tenpercentfirearms will accept them to hand out to his customers.

postal
11-22-2012, 10:59 PM
Put one on your breaker panel to discourage people clicking off your mains. I've heard people doing this to see if someone is home... since power goes out, they go outside to look at the neighborhood, and look at the breakers....

If you have a video surveillance system, clicking off the mains shuts everything down....

If you dont have a lock on your breakers already... do it now.

I had a house that had loud parties every fri night. I never bothered to call the cops, in that neighborhood I really dont think they cared. I thought about how funny it would be to click off the main and slap a lock on the breaker panel. No more party....

If you have that *one* house on your street, that brings home shopping carts, and leaves them in front of someone elses house.....

Lock that shopping cart up to something on their property. I was about to see if I was strong enough to throw a shopping cart through a front window... but I doubt it. Them suckers are HEAVY.

All joking aside.... YES lock up your breaker panel. I know, even with a lock, they're easy to get into with a 1/4" nut driver... do it anyway.

Ron-Solo
11-22-2012, 11:11 PM
I use two on my roll up garage doors when we go on trips to make it harder for someone to jimmy the door and break in. The plastic coating gets rubbed off, but I never use them on guns anyway.

Putting them on the electrical box is a good idea too.

JTROKS
11-23-2012, 8:57 AM
Gun stores can still use them. The gun store can charge $1 for the locks since a receipt is required. They can donate half to CGN or NRA. With thousands of unused gun locks we can put them to work in our favor.

89 Vision
11-23-2012, 12:31 PM
Self-defense......it's like a makeshift blackjack.