PDA

View Full Version : Glock expert needed

jumbopanda
11-22-2012, 2:00 AM
I have an early Glock 27, which has finger grooves but no checkering between them. Some call this a Generation 2.5 or "transition model." What I want to know, is that aside from the checkering, are there any differences in durability between these frames and Generation 3 frames? I want to put a .357 SIG barrel in this gun, but I want to make sure it's not weaker than current models.

ZEALOT
11-22-2012, 2:02 AM
You will be fine.

The 2.5 series was only a cosmetic change, and has nothing to do with structural integrity.

jumbopanda
11-22-2012, 2:05 AM
You will be fine.

The 2.5 series was only a cosmetic change, and has nothing to do with structural integrity.

Are you saying that it's as tough as a Gen 2 or a Gen 3? The Gen 2s were weaker if I'm not mistaken.

Distro
11-22-2012, 2:11 AM
Are you saying that it's as tough as a Gen 2 or a Gen 3? The Gen 2s were weaker if I'm not mistaken.

Doesn't really matter considering there are Gen 2 Glock 32's out there and that is what you want to shoot.

jumbopanda
11-22-2012, 2:14 AM
Alright alright I might just be over thinking this then. I'm just gonna shoot it and if it breaks, oh-damn-well it's just a Glock. :)

ZEALOT
11-22-2012, 2:40 AM
Alright alright I might just be over thinking this then. I'm just gonna shoot it and if it breaks, oh-damn-well it's just a Glock. :)

If I were you I'd save up some money and buy yourself another Glock and put this one in the safe.

This will most likely increase in value as the years go by.

11-22-2012, 4:14 AM
The material in the frame, and the quality and manner of production is the same. The big difference came when Glock developed a .40 cal using the basic 9mm frame. Glock discovered that the original 2 pin frames did not stand up to the .40 caliber and they were getting a number of cracked frames. Hence Glock developed the three pin frame for the .40 Caliber, and all subsequent calibers, .357, etc. Since it did not make sense to continue to manufacture both a two pin frame for the 9mm, and a three pin frame for the .40, Glock dropped the two pin frame and started using the three pin for all calibers. The durability of the frame on your specific model is exactly the same as all newer models.

The original 2 pin frames have never been an issue when used in 9mm. Keep in mind that the original glocks in 9mm were developed for the military and many are still in service worldwide.

HighLander51
11-22-2012, 5:34 AM

You will not shoot out that Glock in your lifetime. I ran a G21 to over 100,000 rounds.

jumbopanda
11-22-2012, 2:46 PM
Thanks guys.