PDA

View Full Version : pistol grip stock shotguns.

shawnyteee
07-29-2007, 9:06 PM
I thought a shotgun is considered an AW if it has more than one of the features.
http://metroshotfirearms.com/shop.html

metroshot has a pistol grip stock m1 super90 did some law change?

fireblast713
07-29-2007, 9:32 PM
I believe just the pistol grip is considered a evil feature, it doesn't have a retractable stock, bayonet lug, or anything else :)

BaronW
07-29-2007, 9:44 PM
You can have a pistol grip with a stock on a semi, just not a pistol-grip-only semi-auto.

blkA4alb
07-29-2007, 9:49 PM
I believe just the pistol grip is considered a evil feature, it doesn't have a retractable stock, bayonet lug, or anything else :)

Almost, even if it had a bayonet lug it would be legal. If it had a detachable magazine, or had a pistol grip as well as a collapsable stock then it would be illegal.

blkA4alb
07-29-2007, 9:51 PM
You can have a pistol grip with a stock on a semi, just not a pistol-grip-only semi-auto.

This is not correct, a semiauto shotgun cannot have a detachable magazine, or it cannot have BOTH a collapsable stock and pistol grip. A pistol gripped only semiauto shotgun would be legal, if it existed.

BaronW
07-30-2007, 12:35 AM
Ah, my mistake. In my defense, the law is ridiculous. :P

Shane916
07-30-2007, 1:19 AM
Ah, my mistake. In my defense, the law is ridiculous. :P

As are the other 99% of California's gun laws :)

bwiese
07-30-2007, 9:35 AM

Not quite.... please consult 12276.1(A)(6) thru 12276.1(A)(8) and 12020(c) definitions.

A pistol-grip-only semiauto "shotgun" is not a shotgun - it can't be intended to be fired from the shoulder! (The 12020 definition of shotgun includes requirement that it's 'intended to be fired from shoulder'.)

In CA, a semiauto shotgun is not an AW and can indeed have a pistol grip if it doesn't have a folding/telescoping stock.

[Unlike rifle-based AW law, CA shotgun AW law says that, regardless of features, semiauto centerfire shotguns cannot have detachable or drum magazines.]

xxG3xx
07-30-2007, 10:22 AM
to bad the laws they are the way they are because that would be awesome to have a semi auto shotty with a pistol grip

randy
07-30-2007, 11:01 AM
They are good if you are an entry team and need to blow a door and have it bunjeed to your rig.

Other than that please enlighten me on their usefulness or better use than a gun with pistol grip stock or a standard stock.

BaronW
07-31-2007, 3:01 AM
They are good if you are an entry team and need to blow a door and have it bunjeed to your rig.

Other than that please enlighten me on their usefulness or better use than a gun with pistol grip stock or a standard stock.

Tricking "friends" on shooting trips into using it. :43:

"Here, look down the sights like this. *BLAM* Why'd you punch yourself, buddy?"