PDA

View Full Version : Got my .22

350skylark
11-21-2012, 1:42 PM
Well i decided to go with the ruger 22/45 ive already disassembled it and while a pain it wasn't nearly as bad as i was expecting, hopefully its getting put to use this weekend. Anything i should know about shooting it for the first time? and ide also like to know what ammo you guys like with it.

MA2
11-21-2012, 3:36 PM
Congrats! :)

Run a box of mini-mags first, that's the premium stuff.

Bulk ammo, I like the Winchester M22, Federal bulk, & Blazer...in that order.

wtkaiser
11-21-2012, 7:06 PM
The gun will tell you what IT likes, that's what you want. (The gun chooses the ammo. It's not always clear why. Whoops, lapsed into HP mode - but it's still true). The problem is finding the small 50 or 100 round boxes, trying that and keeping a record of how big the groups are.

mini mags aren't premium - Lapua and Eley are more expensive and higher quality. A bit too "snooty" and expensive for me. After I get through this box of RGBs, I too will stick with mini mags. But that is because they are sold everywhere, not because they group any better in my gun.

tbc
11-21-2012, 7:10 PM
My 22/45 works fine with Federal Champion blue box.

Sent from iPhone through Tapatalk

INFAMOUS762X39
11-21-2012, 7:54 PM
I made an attempt to buy a 22/45 Sunday at regular Price "300$" but left Turners Reseda because I did not want to wait 30mins-1hr for a sales clerk. It's ridiculous.

Now they are sale at 275$, I will try again Sunday Morning.

fullspeed1
11-21-2012, 7:58 PM
I made an attempt to buy a 22/45 Sunday at regular Price "300$" but left Turners Reseda because I did not want to wait 30mins-1hr for a sales clerk. It's ridiculous.

Now they are sale at 275$, I will try again Sunday Morning.

Do it!! You wont regret it:)

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr250/fullspeed1/image-12.jpg

shortyforty
11-21-2012, 9:27 PM
Well i decided to go with the ruger 22/45 ive already disassembled it and while a pain it wasn't nearly as bad as i was expecting, hopefully its getting put to use this weekend. Anything i should know about shooting it for the first time? and ide also like to know what ammo you guys like with it.

Congrats on your new Ruger. Unfortunately for me, I impulse bought a Sig Mosquito a couple years back and I've regretted it every day since. Sig should re-name the Mosquito and call it the "JAMMOMATIC". Your Ruger will give you a lifetime of shooting happiness I'm sure. :D

bsg
11-21-2012, 9:34 PM
Congrats on your new Ruger. Unfortunately for me, I impulse bought a Sig Mosquito a couple years back and I've regretted it every day since. Sig should re-name the Mosquito and call it the "JAMMOMATIC". Your Ruger will give you a lifetime of shooting happiness I'm sure. :D

DTB.

OP... congrats.