PDA

View Full Version : PPK/s Interarms help.

JUm3
11-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Hey guys, I jus picked up a ppk/s from a LEO and I noticed a few things that might be wrong.

Sliding the slide back, is extremely tough. I have calous built up already just by playing with it. He mentioned he put in well over 1000+ rounds into it. So I don't see how the recoil spring can be still this tough.

I watch youtube videos and everyone else seems to be having no problems..

problem2: the recoil spring is stuck on the barrel/frame. I had to pry it out and when I reassembled, it was damn near impossible to get the gun back together because of the storng spring. Now, the spring is stuck back onto the barrel frame. The tight end of the spring seems to have slipped inbetween the crackss of the barrel and the metal sleeve.

I'll get pictures up later, but do you think this is a serious problem? I am going to take it shooting for the first time later today.

Note: he mentioned he has some work done on the ramp to help feed JHP. I do see polished steel at the feed ramps.

saki302
11-21-2012, 1:16 PM
That sounds normal. The ppk is blowback, and needs a strong recoil spring. If it functions, leave it alone.

alantani
11-21-2012, 1:41 PM
mine is exactly the same. that is the way it is supposed to be.

RoundEye
11-21-2012, 1:44 PM
Lucky you, is it the old school one that is stamped "W. Germany"?

Sounds pretty normal to me given the blow back design.

jyo
11-21-2012, 1:50 PM
Yeah, PPK/PPKs are pretty stiff---I have a real dream pistol---Walther PP in 22lr---sweet little pistol.

jyo
11-21-2012, 1:51 PM
Yeah, PPK/PPKs are pretty stiff---I have a real dream pistol---Walther PP in 22lr---sweet little pistol.

BigRich
11-22-2012, 1:39 AM
Try twisting the recoil spring clockwise (the same way the spring coils run) while pulling it off. This usually works well. Your 380 PPK/s sounds it is just as designed. Don't let your hand come up too high on the grip or it will leave "Walther tracks" on top of your hand. Sometimes with missing skin and a little blood. BTW this is also normal.

JUm3
11-22-2012, 4:54 PM
Try twisting the recoil spring clockwise (the same way the spring coils run) while pulling it off. This usually works well. Your 380 PPK/s sounds it is just as designed. Don't let your hand come up too high on the grip or it will leave "Walther tracks" on top of your hand. Sometimes with missing skin and a little blood. BTW this is also normal.

HOLY CRAP, I HATE SHOOTING THIS GUN! The web btween my thumb and finger is bruised and i have a red blood vessel. No 'slide bite' but the recoil is breaking me down. 60rds only... THen I shot my p226 and it was night and day like a dream.

Surprisingly accurate though... Just recoil sucks a ton..

ALSO tried the clockwise, still cant get it off easily without prying with a flathead.

Kokak
11-22-2012, 5:22 PM
There is nothing wrong with your PPK. I have the Interarms version (bought in '96) and it is still tough to manipulate, even today!

It's like trying to hold on to a really pissed off Min-Pin (the dog)... lol

alantani
11-22-2012, 5:31 PM
it's a pocket pistol, not an every day shooter. i take mine to the range with me and fire off 4 mags, then put it a way and shoot my p226. i put a crimson trace laser grip on my ppk/s and it's great fun! everybody want to shoot it - - once! figure you're going to be shooting it in single action. i put a lighter trigger spring in mine and got to many ftf's. with the light spring, there was just not enough "umph!" the bullet would not go bang even though the firing pin left a dent in the primer. i put the old spring back in and that problem went away.

saki302
11-22-2012, 9:46 PM
A heavier Wolff recoil spring (the heaviest one they make) does help a little with the recoil.

The SNAP which you feel is the slide whacking the frame when it goes all the way back- a heavier spring lessens the hit just a bit (but it becomes even harder to rack).

-Dave