View Full Version : Browning SA-22 Expert anywhere?

11-20-2012, 5:43 PM
I have a Browning SA-22 that I purchased from a member here years ago. It is an amazing little rifle that I look forward to someday teaching my children to shoot with. However! I really want to find out some of the history of this rifle and I have yet to find anything to compare it to.

It is a 2004 manufacture SA-22 judging from the S/N: xxxxxMW212. Brushed stainless steel with grey laminate furniture:

The closest thing I have ever been able to find is the 2010 Shot Show special that browning released, but that had an octagon barrel and mine doesn't, also I have a black trigger instead of the normal gold one; besides that everything else is identical from the stock to the engraving.
This is the Shot Show special - http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/5031127/Re_Browning_SA_22_Question
I was at an LGS today putting an AR lower in jail and saw one which got me thinking about this again. And IIRC, mine has a heavier barrel than the grade 1 that the LGS had in stock. Did they make different weight barrels for these?

So does anyone know of a forum or place I can contact to maybe get more information on this? I am going to give Browning a call tomorrow, but I am not expecting too much, I really wish they had an email contact listed on their website. I am probably going to take it to my LGS when I pick up my lower to see what they think as well since they advertise "free appraisals" on their website, I just hope they don't think I'm selling it :p

11-20-2012, 8:20 PM

Many there collect the Browning ATD, and would/should be familiar with the newer models.

01-02-2013, 11:17 AM
I just purchased a similar SA-22 like new in box never fired via gunbroker.com The rifle came from a dealer in CT. It cost $600. I can't wait to get it. It's SN is 023XXMW212 with gray laminate stock and stainless action with round barrel. I was torn between paying more for a Belgian made or this limited production stainless. Since it will be a shooter I am happy about my choice.
Did you find any more info from Browning? List price?