PDA

View Full Version : To stipple or not to stipple

air0n'03
11-20-2012, 3:43 PM
Need an opinion here. I stippled one of the backstraps on my m&p and I was debating whether or not to stipple the frame too. What do you think.

Also, I don't plan on competing or doing any IDPA. Strictly range and home defense gun.

:confused:

http://i49.tinypic.com/mr6cs1.jpg

MalC
11-20-2012, 4:18 PM
That looks great. I personally like the look of stippled grips, but I think it looks tacky when you start stippling too much of the frame. Most of the DIY stipple jobs I've seen don't look anywhere near that good, it looks even better than some of the pics from Glockworx! Great job.

edit: I'd stipple the front/sides of the grips like you did on the XD, but not more than that. Just do whatever you think looks good.

Japsican
11-20-2012, 4:22 PM
I agree, looks like you did an excellent job. If you decide to do the entire frame, you should do the textured part of the front strap first to see how that looks/feels!

uhlan1
11-20-2012, 5:10 PM
Looks fantastic as it is. I'd leave it at that.

CoastRyder
11-20-2012, 5:26 PM
Perfect just the way it is.

cwin
11-20-2012, 6:19 PM
Best DIY stipple job I've seen yet. It looks good now, but if you prefer more traction then I say go for it.

510GUY
11-20-2012, 6:40 PM
It's looks nice but if you plan on selling your gun you'll only have a limited amount of people that like that stippling on their gun.

SB1964
11-20-2012, 6:46 PM
S & W Looks really good! The GStore has a few patterns not in the Catalog. I`m considering getting my G23 Done. I`ve held several & like the Feeling.

I say go for it!

drunktank
11-20-2012, 7:00 PM
Well it depends on you...

Do you want more texture? If so, stipple away. Who cares about how the tool works - care about how well it functions :)

DRAB_81
11-20-2012, 7:11 PM
If anything, I'd just stipple the front strap inside the border & call it a day. Nice work.

blackbok
11-20-2012, 10:36 PM
If anything, I'd just stipple the front strap inside the border & call it a day. Nice work.

Yes, this would look GREAT

drifter2be
11-20-2012, 10:57 PM
It's looks nice but if you plan on selling your gun you'll only have a limited amount of people that like that stippling on their gun.

This, I know I have passed on more than one handgun trade because when the guy showed up he had a stippled gun. I personally can't stand it, and agree with what someone else said above about most DIY stipple jobs looking tacky.

That said your work on the M&P looks awesome, and best part about it is that the backstrap is replaceable, so it doesn't limit your market if you ever chose to sell the gun.

smittty
11-21-2012, 9:10 AM
I think that backstrap looks good and it can be replaced if you decide to sell the gun.

if you do more I think if you keep it within the outlined area of the front strap it would look good and give more positive grip.

I personally like heavy checkered front straps. My one full size polymer gun already has heavy checkering on the front so its perfect but thats one of the reasons I bought it. if I had a glock I would need more grip on the front strap so I understand the need for it.

If you can do an equally nice job on the front strap I say go for it!

Cato
11-21-2012, 10:37 AM
STOP! You've done enough already!