PDA

View Full Version : Official CALGUNS Competition startup thread

pennys dad
11-20-2012, 4:10 PM
Hey Everyone

We all know Rimfire Rocks! I can remember shooting my first Marlin bolt action rifle as a 3rd grade shooter :-) my dad never fired a gun but always supported my desire to shoot, I always had a magic supply of ammo that would refill. My son and daughter have the same as well.

Back on topic :D

Lets start a statewide Calguns 22lr competition

Ruger Rimfire (http://www.ruger.com/micros/rugerRimfire/index.html)

NRA Club Champ (http://nraclubchamp.com/courses-of-fire.aspx)

Rimfire Challenge: multiple ranges and shooting courses

Tell me what you think. Tell me what you like and hate about competitions, what should always happen and what should never happen.
Tell me what would compel you to join in or not.

Thx for the help

Ricky-Ray
11-20-2012, 5:24 PM
How about a repeat of that tactical rimfire competition we had a year or two back?

pennys dad
11-20-2012, 6:39 PM
That was a good one, add that one

pennys dad
11-21-2012, 7:22 AM
Ray would the shoot be the same if we used clays and paper targets? This way we can avoid steel targets

Ricky-Ray
11-21-2012, 9:37 AM
I think it can still be a fun competition. I wasn't at the first one so I have no previous experience on the competition.

ptoguy2002
11-21-2012, 10:12 AM
How about a repeat of that tactical rimfire competition we had a year or two back?

This, that was tons of fun.

santamonica9
11-22-2012, 11:23 AM
clays,paper, bowling pins, oranges etc. im so in :D Maybe a C3 senior members "test" run at burro or angeles

happy turkey day everyone!

Smidge
11-22-2012, 4:42 PM
I would be stoked to do any of those. With so many shooters you would think it would be more common like city league softball. There was a guy at Winchester last week shooting something similar to the Steel Challenge or Ruger rimfire matches and it looked like a blast.

pennys dad
11-22-2012, 5:28 PM
I agree we should make these like a league

Stockton
11-22-2012, 5:39 PM
There's also a shoot and mail in your target.

Takes 1 person to judge. Can be full bracket. Honor system at hand. Deadline to have target submitted. Could lead to a top shooter in person meet.

Ubermcoupe
11-22-2012, 6:18 PM
Sounds like fun!

As long as I have the time off you can count me in! :)

jyo
11-25-2012, 7:22 PM
OK, OK, I personally want more info on this "magic" ammo stash that constantly refills itself---all these years I've been PAYING for more ammo...