PDA

View Full Version : Testing our AR500 Omega Armor plates with Rhino Liner products.

TheTargetMan
11-20-2012, 7:34 AM
We have been doing a lot of testing in regard to our AR500 Omega Armor plates. Regardless if you have a painted plate or a raw steel paint, frag from the impacts could cause you some serious harm. A plate carrier may absorb/contain the frag for 1 or 2 impacts (which is likely the most impacts you will receive). However, we have done testing on a high-quality, 100% denier plate carrier and you will see the huge benefit of Rhino Lining the plates.

Our goal has always been to provide high-quality armor plates in the form of raw steel. We have always suggested our customers have them coated with some sort of bedliner product. A raw steel/painted plate will definitely save your life, but again, the frag is very dangerous. The potential injury from a raw steel / painted plate is definitely there if they are left untreated....especially if you are hit with more then 1 impact.

We have testing 5 plates with different coatings/primers/thicknesses and we have narrowed our selection down to Rhino Liner products. We are the first to offer bedliner coated armor!

We are excited to annouce that we will soon be offering Rhino Liner coating on all of our AR500 Omega Armor plates.... an industry FIRST! We have worked with a local Rhino Liner franchise and we have developed a good blend of bed coating, thickness, and a special primer combo that WILL contain the frag. We tested our coated trauma plates against 4 rounds of .308 from 50 yards, followed up with 10 impacts from my .40 Glock 27. The results will speak for themselves.

We are about 4-6 weeks out on this process.

Take a look at the videos on my YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTargetManLLC?feature=mhee)

Uncoated Plate Testing (http://youtu.be/pN4WPskSvas)

Testing with our Rhino Liner product (http://youtu.be/4rx9ysr72k0)

DeliveryBoy
11-20-2012, 11:15 AM
Very nice testing. I appreciate the due diligence and dedication to a quality product. When will these start selling and at what price point?

TheTargetMan
11-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Very nice testing. I appreciate the due diligence and dedication to a quality product. When will these start selling and at what price point?

We have been working with our local Rhino franchise. I think I can get them coated for just $40/pair (front/back) and an additional $20-25 for the side plates. I have to drop off a tons of plates though to get this pricing, Still waaay cheaper then someone bringing them in on their own!

TTM

Glock31B
11-20-2012, 2:29 PM
I went on your website but I didnt see anything on the Rhino coating, Is this something you are offering or going to offer with the front-back-side plates? Because I am interested.

TheTargetMan
11-20-2012, 3:35 PM
I went on your website but I didnt see anything on the Rhino coating, Is this something you are offering or going to offer with the front-back-side plates? Because I am interested.

I will be offering these. We are probably 4-6 weeks out. I will post when I have them ready to go.

Thanks,

Jeremy

engi
11-21-2012, 7:07 PM
How much weight and thickness does the coating to each side add?

engi
11-21-2012, 7:07 PM
Sorry double post. Please delete.

cortayack
11-22-2012, 9:45 PM
I'm wondering what cost will be? So if I get one of your package deals (lets say front/back plate) w/ coating expect to add another $40.00 on to the price?

TheTargetMan
11-23-2012, 2:39 PM
How much weight and thickness does the coating to each side add?

The coating adds about 1.5 lbs to each front/back plate. Definitely worth the weight in GOLD though.

I'm wondering what cost will be? So if I get one of your package deals (lets say front/back plate) w/ coating expect to add another $40.00 on to the price?

Somewhere around there.... +/- $40

MultiMustacheMan
11-26-2012, 4:12 AM
I'll be purchasing a front/back set with the Rhino coating when they're ready. Are you still going to be offering the CG discount for us? :D

DiogiDoc
11-26-2012, 2:54 PM
I think I might have to order another set ;)

cortayack
11-26-2012, 3:58 PM
The coating adds about 1.5 lbs to each front/back plate. Definitely worth the weight in GOLD though.

Somewhere around there.... +/- $40

Cool, I'm very interested in this deal....Do you know the due date when finished.....You can put me on the list, please..........;)

TheTargetMan
11-26-2012, 4:15 PM
I'll be purchasing a front/back set with the Rhino coating when they're ready. Are you still going to be offering the CG discount for us? :D

I will do a limited group buy here on the forum this week. Stay tuned. I will do 30 sets I think.

Cool, I'm very interested in this deal....Do you know the due date when finished.....You can put me on the list, please..........;)

Figure 6-8 weeks for the finished product. Again, I will do a GB for these real soon. Stay tuned.

Glock31B
11-26-2012, 4:24 PM
I will do a limited group buy here on the forum this week. Stay tuned. I will do 30 sets I think.

Figure 6-8 weeks for the finished product. Again, I will do a GB for these real soon. Stay tuned.

Will do.

rchow17
11-27-2012, 12:55 AM

Count me in for the group buy!

TheTargetMan
11-27-2012, 12:43 PM
I hope to do the GB come Thursday.... stay tuned and sorry about the wait!

TTM

OpenYourEyes
11-27-2012, 6:52 PM
Count me in! So after the group buy it will take 4-6 weeks to receive the plates?

TheTargetMan
11-28-2012, 12:24 PM
Correct. It will take 4-6 weeks to receive the plates after purchase, but hopefully sooner. If there are any delays, I will keep you all posted.

The GB will actually start at the beginning of next week. Stay tuned!

TTM

Darklyte27
11-28-2012, 6:25 PM
Whats the diff from rhino, line X and other plate coatings?
Do they all do the same thing?

Swoop
11-28-2012, 10:41 PM
I would like to buy a setup once you have the complete rhino liner up and running. Any vest packages ?

TheTargetMan
11-29-2012, 6:58 AM
Whats the diff from rhino, line X and other plate coatings?
Do they all do the same thing?

We tested a couple of Line-X products a few months back, with not much success. During our testing, Rhino far excelled compared to the Line-X. Those are the only 2 bedliner products we have tested.

I would like to buy a setup once you have the complete rhino liner up and running. Any vest packages ?

I have sent several samples of my Rhino'd plates over to our plate carrier manufacturer. They are sending us a couple of prototypes here in the next few weeks. All I can say at this moment is their plate carriers are far superior to most others I have seen in their price range.:D

nothing4u
12-10-2012, 9:09 PM
Have you consider a plastic material like those Duraseal targets from Champion Targets as a spalling layer. My guess is if the frag gets slowed down enough it might stay inside the plastic. Or if you leave an air pocket the frag will stay between the plate and Duraseal.