PDA

View Full Version : If you like guns, you must be white, fat, old and have a boring life.

jdberger
07-28-2007, 11:37 AM
More from our friends, the Gun Guys.

Check out the description of the average gun enthusiast. This adds credence to my theory that it isn't really the gun that they dislike, it's the Gun Owner, who they think of as alarmingly below their station - much like the way blacks were viewed in the antebellum south.

Shoot Machine Guns, Raise Money for Republicans
From the New Hampshire Union Leader: (http://unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=GOP%20fundraiser%20to%20feat ure%20machine%20gun%20shoot&articleId=dff9058f-d867-4f10-8894-8ce94d13268b)

“Tired of the usual chicken dinners, the Manchester Republican Committee is planning to arm supporters next month with Uzis, M-16 rifles and other automatic weapons for a day of target practice at a Pelham firing range” at their next party fundraiser.

As if it wasn’t already obvious how much the gun lobby is in bed with the Republican Party, this “machine gun shoot out” on August 5th makes it crystal clear.

Isn’t it so interesting how overweight, middle-aged white guys like to pretend they’re important. How sad their lives must be to prove their “manliness” by shooting a machine gun. How sad is your existence — your day to day boring life — that a machine gun shoot makes your whole summer. That way, you can fantasize what it would be like to fight in a war — not that many of the attendees have ever been in one. Not that these “tough guys” even have a clue what violence and war actually look like.

We wonder if there is any correlation between the attendees weight and the number of rounds they hope to fire? Hopefully they can just sit back and plunk away. Doing any kind of physical exertion or running up a hill with an Uzi might be too much.

Chris Pappas, the city Democratic party chairman, called the event “not just in poor taste; it is downright offensive.”

“The citizens of Manchester have lived through a deadly spike in violent crime the past year-and-a-half, despite the campaign promises of (Mayor) Frank Guinta to lower crime rates,” Pappas said. “That the mayor’s political party would seek to glorify the use of machine guns for political gain is unconscionable.”

But this is where it gets really good:

Twenty safety experts, called “range officers,” will be on hand to load the guns and monitor the shooters….”My first and foremost goal is that everybody who walks in walks out,” Thibodeau said.

Um, we’re pretty sure you won’t get killed at our machine gun fundraiser, but……..you never know.

Gotta love the way a guy from the midwest lumps all of us together. I guess that he's never been to a Shoot-n-Q....

ivanimal
07-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Wow he sure can twist the facts to make us all look like we are idiots.

But I am sure all writers are not egotistical, lying, self effacing, lonely, friendless, fat European descended, middle class, alarmists.:cool:

Now when I type stupid statements like that, I feel like an idiot.:(

C.G.
07-28-2007, 11:55 AM
Following the logic in the article, Michael Moore must be a gun enthusiast.:D

wilit
07-28-2007, 12:26 PM
A very insightful response.

I fully support the right to own machine guns, I have lots, but I question how we are going to win this election by courting people who are already strongly conservative. Anyone who would attend a machine gun shoot is already in our camp. The time/money would better be spent on those who are on the fence. Regardless, I wish I could attend. Sounds like fun. Maybe they can raise some money, we'll see.

tiki
07-28-2007, 12:50 PM
I think the name calling and stuff starts when you don't have an intelligent response or when you don't have facts to back up your claims.

How sad their lives must be to prove their “manliness” by shooting a machine gun.

No, I prove my manliness with your daughter. I like to go to the range with the guys during the day so that I don't have to listen to her yelp like a yorkshire terrier about wanting me go to the mall and walk around looking at crap that I don't want or need. Although, the mall snapper is nice this time of year.

The machine gun shoot is not a way to prove manliness. Its a chance for people that don't own them to try them out. Why don't they own them? Because the cost of owning is too much for most hard working Americans due to stupid laws pushing thier costs up.

Maybe we should go prove our manliness by hanging out with you at the golf course. Yeah, i'll slip on a pair of those checkered pants and get a hat with the little pom pom on it and spend my day trying to get a little white ball in a hole in the ground with a little metal stick.

Or, maybe I can go watch a bunch of horses run around a track while my wife, built piece by piece by Dr. Plastic, walks around with a stupid hat on big enough to shade a small yard.

Maybe I can spend my Saturdays like you will. Hanging around in my front yard comparing my lawn to my neighbors lawn while I keep an eye on my kid hoping that some pedophile doesn't snatch him off my lawn. Some pedophile who should be in prison but got let out because they had to make room for someone who had a detachable magazine and a pistol grip on thier gun.

I'll spend my Saturday nights like you, cowering in my home behind a locked door and an ADT security system hoping that some crack head, won't kick my door in and use my wife or daughter like a plastic f**k doll while I watch because I sold my gun to the city for a $100 Ikea gift certificate and voted for all the a**holes that made guns illegal.

How's that sh*tbag.

hoozaru
07-28-2007, 1:43 PM
The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword.

so I will keep the sword, and you can have the pen!!! :D

biff
07-28-2007, 1:49 PM
I think the writer is just jealous that he can't shoot guns because the other democrat's will kick out of the party....

M. Sage
07-28-2007, 1:49 PM

I smell a classic duel coming on. If the pen is so mighty, why do you never see people walking into battle armed exclusively with them? :43:

"Stop, or I'll... write mean things about you?"

hoozaru
07-28-2007, 1:54 PM
:rofl:

donger
07-28-2007, 2:12 PM
I don't fit any of his descriptions. I guess I must be the exception.:rolleyes:

M. Sage
07-28-2007, 2:43 PM
http://blackmanwithagun.com/

maxicon
07-28-2007, 3:30 PM
"Ink is handicapped, in a way, because you can blow up a man with gunpowder in half a second, while it may take twenty years to blow him up with a book. But the gunpowder destroys itself along with its victim, while a book can keep on exploding for centuries." - Christopher Morley, writer (1890-1957)

tiki
07-28-2007, 3:36 PM
Sorry guys. This one ticked me off.

moulton
07-28-2007, 3:41 PM
hey im not old....I am everything else though:chris::44::2guns::63:

MadMex
07-28-2007, 5:05 PM
If you like guns, you must be white, fat, old and have a boring life.
Fits me and all my Fudd Buds to a T.

383green
07-28-2007, 5:28 PM
How does the author know me so well? :seeya:

"Ink is handicapped, in a way, because you can blow up a man with gunpowder in half a second, while it may take twenty years to blow him up with a book. But the gunpowder destroys itself along with its victim, while a book can keep on exploding for centuries." - Christopher Morley, writer (1890-1957)

I suppose it would be prudent, then, to have a 20 year supply of black powder for immediate effect, and a nice big pile of books to keep things ship-shape once the gunpowder is gone! :rofl2:

leelaw
07-28-2007, 5:51 PM
Whatever you say, Miss Cleo. :rolleyes:

supersonic
07-29-2007, 1:25 AM
Wow he sure can twist the facts to make us all look like we are idiots.

But I am sure all writers are not egotistical, lying, self effacing, lonely, friendless, fat European descended, middle class, alarmists.:cool:

Now when I type stupid statements like that, I feel like an idiot.:(

Why do you think the smartest, most savvy celebs (like DeNiro, Pacino,Depp, Selleck, etc.......) keep a LLLO.O.O.O.O.OW profile (i.e. - fly WAY under the radar of writers / media? Notice how they're never in the news about doing something really stoopid ....... or, actually, EVER? (and I know for a FACT that at least 2 are responsible gun owners/NRA members!:)
S.S.:43:

supersonic
07-29-2007, 1:33 AM
I think the name calling and stuff starts when you don't have an intelligent response or when you don't have facts to back up your claims.

How's that sh*tbag.

:punk:What you said......F***'in BRILLIANT rant!

CalNRA
07-29-2007, 2:11 AM
yep, after century-long legacy of race-based gun control laws, you wonder why the stereo-typical gun owners is, um whatever the writer said.

I think that writer would **** his pants if he ever went to a Calguns shoot and saw minorities with guns.

M. Sage
07-29-2007, 2:16 AM
Lol, at some of the Shoot-n-Qs, I feel like the token whitey.

CalNRA
07-29-2007, 2:18 AM
Why do you think the smartest, most savvy celebs (like DeNiro, Pacino,Depp, Selleck, etc.......) keep a LLLO.O.O.O.O.OW profile (i.e. - fly WAY under the radar of writers / media? Notice how they're never in the news about doing something really stoopid ....... or, actually, EVER? (and I know for a FACT that at least 2 are responsible gun owners/NRA members!:)

I hardly consider Tom Selleck to be low profile when he went on Rosie's show and kinda had an argument with her(the term "her" loosely used).

http://www.nrawinningteam.com/norosie.html

It's like argue for woman's rights on "the Osama Variety Show".

sammy
07-29-2007, 7:29 AM
Well said Tiki

supersonic
07-29-2007, 9:34 AM
I hardly consider Tom Selleck to be low profile when he went on Rosie's show and kinda had an argument with her(the term "her" loosely used).

It's like argue for woman's rights on "the Osama Variety Show".

He was pushed into a corner, and simply replied like any of us would. How does that make T.S. a "non" lo-profile celeb? Ever see him in the enquirer w/ drug bust / DUI/ cheating on wife? THAT'S what was meant. The smartest guys are the ones you DON'T see in the media for anything else other than what movie/music,etc. they are currently promoting. :)

Paladin
07-29-2007, 10:12 AM

It's like argue for woman's rights on "the Osama Variety Show".IIRC, Tom was on her show to promote his latest movie/TV movie and she started dumping on him re guns since the show was taped shortly after some nutcase shooting. Tom did NOT go on her show for the purpose of discussing guns, the NRA, or the 2nd A.

I tried to find a YouTube video of the complete segment w/Tom (the transcript seems to pick up from after a commercial break), but was unable to.

I may be mistaken, but that's how I recall it occurring -- Tom being blindsided by Rosie's anti-gun rant.

hoozaru
07-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Sorry guys. This one ticked me off.

why be sorry? you only said wut the rest of us are too lazy to type :D

aileron
07-29-2007, 10:53 AM
Lol, at some of the Shoot-n-Qs, I feel like the token whitey.

Shouldn't that be token redneck?

sunborder
07-29-2007, 12:01 PM

I can just see it now...the guy with the pen...

"What am I supposed to use? Harsh language?"

redneckshootist
07-29-2007, 12:06 PM

No I am the token redneck:D

taloft
07-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Isn’t it so interesting how smug self righteous liberals seem to think that pontificating about subjects that they have no knowledge of will make them appear more important than they really are?

At least I don't feel the need to prove my “manliness” by disparaging people I've never met by stereotyping their physical characteristics. Pretty discriminating statement coming from a Liberal douche bag. I though we were supposed to be the bigots? Hmm, did someone forget their political playbook this morning? It is guys like me that insure that knuckleheads like you are able to spout crap like that. Try saying thanks once in a while.

Oh yeah, If it was legal I would be happy to show you my "manliness" by dragging your *** up and down a parking lot and I don't need a gun to do it. Fortunately, gun owners tend to have excellent self-control or someone would have undoubtedly punked you by now. :rant:

M. Sage
07-29-2007, 1:23 PM

Apparently, since I'm a white guy with guns, I'm a redneck.

OT rant: I hate when people dump on "rednecks" and "hicks." I've known some really smart people who would fall into the category of "redneck," and the people who mock them would be totally lost if they couldn't get themselves out of trouble with their charge card.

tiki
07-29-2007, 4:55 PM
why be sorry? you only said wut the rest of us are too lazy to type :D

Yeah, but sometimes I get a little worked up. Nothing a shot of tequila doesn't fix pretty quickly. :)

dfletcher
07-29-2007, 9:21 PM
I was up there a few weeks ago - Pelham has a great range.

Here's an article on the same subject, note the little anti - gun references from this Boston based article.

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSN2420616220070724

More evidence the long time migration of Massachusetts liberal Democrats into southern NH is taking its toll.

gotgunz
07-29-2007, 10:42 PM

This is true but those who live by the sword get shot by those of us who don't.

LOL:D