View Full Version : XS BigDot sights on a Glock.

11-19-2012, 3:04 PM
Hey everyone. I have been looking at the Big Dot sights for my Glock. Anyone have any experience with them?
Are you happy with them?

11-19-2012, 4:14 PM
I was looking at the same sights for my G19, really they are made for self defense/fast acquisition sights. The Big dot is not really for accurate/range shooting in my opinion, but do not quote me.

I was interested in the Trijican HD night sights, but went for Ameriglo CAP sights in red/orange for half the price.

11-19-2012, 5:27 PM
I agree with the above poster in that these are combat sights not target sights. This meaning the front dot is rather large and not meant for smaller targets at distance. For me, acclimation time was two range sessions. I think qthat for their intended use they are just as fast as the stock sights. They are an acquired taste but if you likem go with the 24/7 express. Ights

Bug Splat
11-19-2012, 5:30 PM
Hated them but I tend to shoot for accuracy and those sights a Barn-door MOA. They might be fine for SD but at the range they are worthless for any type of accurate groups. I don't need something that big to hit my target at 7 yards. I think people are better off with a bright fiber optic sight or better yet a set of TFO's. Just my 2 cents.

11-19-2012, 5:42 PM
Seen many shooters try them for IDPA, only to go back to better sights, like Heinies or Dawson.

11-19-2012, 5:57 PM
Thanks for the insights.

USMC 82-86
11-19-2012, 6:33 PM
I had them on one of my G19's. They are very good for quick shots out to around 10 yards. The sights come up very quick and you can make some nice shots out to 10 yards as I stated, but shooting for accuracy at 15-25 yards is a little tougher. The hold is hard to get just right, but mostly because the sight covers so much target at those distances.

I did not own the XS standard dot so I can't speak to those sights performance.

11-19-2012, 6:45 PM
I have the standard dots on my G26. I love them. They take a little practice to get acclimated to, but I am consistently getting on target faster than I used to in our tac pistol/self-defense pistol classes. I would avoid the 'Big Dot' sights on a Glock. I shot a G19 with them and they really cover up a 10" steel disk out past about 10 yards. I'd stick with the 'standard dot' XS night sights.

I'll try and take a pic of mine.

11-19-2012, 7:48 PM
ran 100 rounds on a rental 17 or 19 (i forgot which it was:sleeping:) last year that had them, they were ok but as others mention a little too big for some of us. If I get a G34 it'll get Dawsons methinks. :)

11-19-2012, 9:25 PM
I put the 24/7 on my Kahr PM9 which is a carry gun for me and I really like them. It is so easy to pick up that front sight quickly and my eyes are getting bad with age. I had the stock night sights on my PM9 and the dots are really small especially in low light. I am going to order them for my other carry guns. They are fighting guns not target pistols 7-10 yards COM and head shots come easy.

11-20-2012, 11:41 AM

If you have your fundetmenals squared away... any sights can get you hits on a man-size out to 50yds. he key word is practice and knowing your alingment & holds.

I have XS big dot on my G19, I can hit a IDPA target out to 50yds without issue.

Just my opinon.

11-20-2012, 2:54 PM
You really have to try out the sights that you plan on shooting. Sights look different to everyone.