PDA

View Full Version : CCW in Santa Maria

pbgrasso81
11-19-2012, 1:51 PM
I'm interested in obtaining a CCW permit. I live in Santa Maria, CA. After researching, I feel that it may be a waste of time to even apply for it. The reasons I feel that way are:

1) I've been convicted twice for public intoxication in 2007 and 2009
2) My "Good Cause" is that my fiance is the manager of a payday advance/pawn store and sometimes handles large sums of money. Often, I pick her up for lunch and after work. Her particular store was robbed at gunpoint about 13 months ago. During the robbery, the men threatened the clerk and disclosed her address. They knew where she lived and they threatened the lives of her family.

I don't know if my cause and character will be sufficient enough to be awarded the CCW. Every letter I have seen that has been accepted has come from someone with past LE experience. As a regular civilian, do I stand any chance?

Would obtaining a classified security clearance from the DoD be good cause, no matter the level? I'm looking into working at VAFB and might be able to obtain a security clearance. Thanks guys and gals.

paul0660
11-19-2012, 2:04 PM
1)No, in any county, probably.

2)Have you given her a ring and set a date? "Engaged" is a nebulous word.

JeremyKX
11-19-2012, 2:10 PM
Welcome.

It is probably best to ask this in the CCW forums or maybe even the 2A forum. You would get a lot more answers and help for your question.

pbgrasso81
11-19-2012, 2:27 PM
Ring and Date - No, however, we have been living as cohabitants for the past 8 months. Thanks for the advice JeremyKX. THis is my first post and I don't quite have the hang of it yet :)

Manolito
11-19-2012, 2:57 PM
I can tell you that a security clearance will be difficult at best with those charges and no it does nothing for a CCW permit. If you have a clearance and try to use it to influence a civillian agency you have some very interesting conversations in your future./

zod
11-19-2012, 5:47 PM
Welcome aboard.

den888
11-19-2012, 7:12 PM
Welcome!

Colt562
11-19-2012, 8:22 PM
welcome