PDA

View Full Version : (24 HOURS ONLY) Holsters, LBEs/Vests, Knives From Syria. Want Stuff From Israel?

DedEye
07-28-2007, 6:46 AM
Howdy boys and girls.
I'm in Damascus right now and saw some things I thought you'd be interested in purchasing. In one of the souqs I was walking through there were a couple shops selling holsters of all shapes and sizes as well as various LBEs and equipment vests, bandoliers for varying calibers (mostly rifle calibers I think), and knives of multiple shapes and sizes.

I bought a switchblade yesterday for $4. It broke 2 hours later :mad:. Piece of crap. Oh well, it was still neat to buy a switchblade. Is it still illegal to possess (I know possession isn't illegal, you know what I mean about getting it to your home) in CA even if its broken?

Anyhow, I'm not going to accept requests for switchblade purchases. There were some nice fixed blades that I've found, including a fixed blade I bought at a Hezbollah shop in Lebanon a couple days ago (not for sale, I'm keeping that one :p).

Here's the deal:
The holsters varied in price from about $10-15, the vests and other stuff was anywhere from $10-50. I'm not interested in turning a profit, HOWEVER, I am interested in being able to ship not only your items, but mine back to the states since I can't carry everything with me when I go to Jordan and Israel. I'm trying to stay high speed low drag, you understand. The price for shipping is going to be about $15 per pound, and it gets cheaper the more I ship. I have a few items I need to send home to free up space in my bag, and any holsters or vests or knives any of you want would be shipped with that, then once I got back to CA in August I'd mail the items to you via either USPS or UPS, your choice (price unknown until I get home, but it would probably be shipped from 94558). Local pick up would also be possible in Napa (for a few days) or Santa Barbara after that.

I really want an excuse to go buy a ton of **** at the holster stall and at the other military item stall, but am only going to be in Damascus for another day and night. If you want something, post a message here and PM ME! telling me what you want. I don't know what things are going to cost to buy and ship, so I'm going to say something like $45 for a holster and $125 for a vest. In addition to knives there are ASPs and other batons, nunchucks, gasmasks and military uniforms in various patterns (desert pattern chocolate chip, flecktarn, woodland BDU, desert BDU, etc). Expect the knives to be about $50, same for the batons, the machetes would probably be $100.

If the prices seem high, I apologize, they may well be. However, you'd be helping out a fellow Cal gunner afford his trip (I'm on the parental loan program and they expect me to pay them back when I get home, this would surely help with that), plus you'd be able to say that your fancy new vest/holster/knife is from Syria. These aren't government shops either, so no worries about supporting a regime you aren't a fan of.

To sum up, if you want something, PM ME, send payment via paypal to NOdedeyeSPAM at hot mail dot com. This offer is only good until tomorrow night (morning for you folks on the west coast), so get on it fast! Help me afford this trip!

PS: Pictures of the shops are going to be posted below, so you can see what you're ordering. It would probably work best when telling me what you want if you take the photo I post, use paint or photoshop to draw a circle around the item you want, then send it back to me. Should prevent any mixups.

DedEye
07-28-2007, 7:12 AM
Also, I could get you more "normal" souvenirs like I did for bonjing and Kar98k. If you want something like a chess set, a carpet, a keffiyeh, whatever, send a pm and money.

Pictures will be added in this post when they finish uploading.

DedEye
07-28-2007, 8:03 AM
Ok, I'm not even sure if the pictures are uploading that website is moving so slowly, so I'm just going to leave a bunch of descriptions of what's available.

Vests:
Olive Drab,
Woodland BDU,
Black,
Another woodland color scheme with a different, smaller color pattern,
Another camo pattern with light green and brown, tan and black,
Black with the word police written on it and the word for police in Arabic below that (I think that one's the coolest)
Lastly there's one that's sort of olive drab with a darker green around the edges of some of the pouches and the vest

There's a couple different types of vest:
One available in black and one of the woodland patterns has a universal crossdraw holster and 4 mag pouches, plus 2-3 other pouches on it. It zips up in the front and the pouches are velcro

Another is just a black LBE (I think it's in another color also) that looks to have AK mag pouches on it.

Another is black or OD mesh with 6 mag pouches and 2-3 other pouches above them with velcro closures

A few vests have loops for either shotgun or rifle shells in addition to their pouches. Varying colors for these.

The police vest is more of an LBE with 6 mag pouches and a 2 other pouches on the shoulder straps. The non-woodland camo pattern comes this way also.

Knives/Batons/Weapons
6" Collapsible baton that flicks out to about 18". It closes by pushing it against something with moderate pressure; I don't think there's a way to lock it open.

There's a bunch of other batons that are 2-3 feet and look to be made of leather.

There's a machete with either a black or OD sheath and a paracord handle and a steel blade with a fairly menacing cut to its design. Made by "Elephant" (?).

Several knives with either black, woodland, or OD sheathes. One has a wood handle (black sheath), another with a jungle camo handle looks like a bayonet (seems to have mounting points on the hilt), but probably isn't. One is an OD sheath with a paracord handle. Lengths for all these are about 4-6", I also saw a couple folders that I didn't take a picture of so I can't really describe now.

Bandoliers/ammo belts:
Varying calibers in black, green of several shades, leather, plastic (think that ones for shotshells), woodland, and brown. Your guess is as good as mine as to what calibers each holds.

Holsters:
Black, brown, white, different camo patterns. Leather of different colors, fabric of different colors. Ankle holsters, paddle holsters, shoulder holsters, you name it. All shapes and sizes, some with pouches for spare mags, some designed for revolvers with extra loops for more ammo. Most look to have button retention mechanisms. There's also a couple mag pouches (look like leather AK pouches) in the picture/shop.

Another stall that I didn't photograph had some fairly nicely decorated holsters. Some had lots of buttons on them to create a pattern, looked a bit gaudy to me but some might like the style, while quite a few of these had different engraved patterns.

Other:
Helmets (probably steel but possibly kevlar) in a ton of different colors, canteens plus pouches, rifle soft carrying cases in black, woodland or urban camo, berets, flags, BDUs in urban, desert (both DCU and chocolate chip), woodland and I think black. A lot of shops sell woodland Syrian uniforms in kids sizes with rank, ribbons, etc. Great Halloween costume! Two different kinds of gas masks, both look Soviet.

I put a lot of time into writing this, so hopefully some of you will bite and I can bring some treats back for us all :). PM me if you have any questions, I'm open to some negotiation on price, but I need to hear from you ASAP!

ivanimal
07-28-2007, 8:55 AM
Ill take a 1911 holster and a knife fixed blade 9 inches or below. The holster should be leather with a good retention system and the sheath knive must have sheath, the handle can be whatever cool material you dont normally see around here. PM me what you need paypal wise and figure I will see you in Napa.

loneeagle308
07-28-2007, 9:33 AM
==There's a machete with either a black or OD sheath and a paracord handle and a steel blade with a fairly menacing cut to its design. Made by "Elephant" (?).
==One is an OD sheath with a paracord handle. Lengths for all these are about 4-6"

=== Which ever knife looks more cool get for me please.
I can try to set up my paypal if you need cash fwd before trading the rifle in Aug.
Also, I'll take some mag pouches if they hold 30 rd AK mags. Maybe a vest if it is good quality and around $80.

==Chris

mur
07-28-2007, 11:05 AM
I'd be interested in a Fixed Knife, pm sent

Gunaria
07-28-2007, 11:26 AM
If you come across any mauser bayonets in good condition and for a good price, pick some up. Kind of a no brainer thing. I will take a half dozen or so. Good luck and stay safe.

mur
07-28-2007, 11:34 AM
If you come across any mauser bayonets in good condition and for a good price, pick some up. Kind of a no brainer thing. I will take a half dozen or so. Good luck and stay safe.

haha, I pm'd him the same thing

bonjing
07-28-2007, 4:08 PM
hope everything is well over there DedEye.

DedEye
07-29-2007, 4:15 AM
Everything is great Bonjing. I sent your coke bottle stateside with a friend to spare me from carrying it (and my other Egypt souvenirs) the whole time. I'm gonna have to do the same thing with these souvenirs instead of carrying them with me once I leave Syria.

I will, of course, be bringing stuff back from Israel too. Instead of shipping that though I can just buy another bag, since it's the last leg of my journey I won't have to worry about lugging it with me everywhere. Expect me to update this thread once I get there.

DedEye
07-29-2007, 4:22 AM
Prices for things are fairly cheap; they expensive part is shipping. If/when I buy these things, I'm really going to need to get payment on the sooner side rather than later, and I won't be able to get these out to you until I return to the US most likely (mid August).

What I'm buying for others as of now:

(If I can find them) Mauser bayonets. I wouldn't hold my breathe though guys. I'll try though.
For Ivan: Fixed blade knife 9" or less and a 1911 holster.
For LoneEagle: Knife, (you want a machete as well or instead?), AK mag pouches and a vest.

I'm going from the cafe here to the souq, so unless I here something FAST I'm going to assume that LoneEagle wants both a knife and a machete, and trusts my judgment on what kind of vest to get.

SAS: If I buy Galil mags I'd probably have to ship them before I left for the US (so as not to bring them with me into CA); do you have an out of state address where you keep your toys that CA won't let you have? PM me.

DedEye
07-29-2007, 6:45 AM
Ok folks, here's a real treat: Anyone want a 200 year old blackpowder Ottoman pistol?

I'm going online right now to see if I can find the laws regarding shipping this, but if it's legal and someone wants it, expect to pay around $1000.

The receiver and hammer are original, 200 years old. Not sure about the barrel but the engraving on the outside is new engraved in silver. Very nice looking.

DedEye
07-29-2007, 8:51 AM
Here's the situation as it now stands:

I have purchased all the items and PMed all parties. However, I have now learned that I can't ship knives/sharp objects back to the US, because apparently international shipping is more restrictive. You can't even ship military equipment/uniforms to Europe, but apparently it'll be ok to send those stateside.

Since I can't ship those things, I'll just have to carry them with me in my backpack. No big deal, until I get to the Israeli border.

I'm going to have a hard enough time getting across the border with a Lebanese and Syrian stamp in my visa, I can imagine the soldiers ****ting bricks when I show up with 5-6 knives and an ASP. I don't know if it'll be alright, if they'll try and confiscate them, or if I'll just be rejected outright. The latter two possibilities worry me, and make my ability to give everyone an accurate price very difficult.

To add to this, I went a little overboard with my own souvenir shopping and tapped out my supply of Syrian pounds. I should be able to make it to Jordan before I have to hit the ATM tomorrow, and should have enough in the bank to survive, but my depleted funds makes me a bit more desperate to get payment from everyone. There's the rub, since I don't know how much everything is going to be, and more importantly, I don't know if I can even get some of the goods back to you all.

I'll keep you all appraised of the situation as it unfolds.

DedEye
07-30-2007, 1:48 AM
Here's where it stands now.

I can't ship the knives so I'm just going to try and get them across the border. Wish me luck.

Everything else is packed up and at DHL waiting for me to return with the money, but the ATM I just used refused to let me withdraw funds, so I'm freaking out a bit now. I'll pm you guys when I have the time about the prices, and whether that includes the knives or not.

DedEye
08-05-2007, 9:55 AM
Update for the buyers:

I shipped the package from Damascus, it's now sitting at customs in New York because apparently US CPB wants to ask me questions about the clothing and other items I shipped. I'm going to call them via Skype tomorrow and see what's going on and explain everything I sent.

I'll keep you updated on that.

DedEye
08-05-2007, 10:18 AM
If you thought the stuff I could get you from Syria was good, you have no idea how great the selection is here in Israel :D.

I should actually be able to upload photos this time, but I'll give you a quick run down of what I've seen on my first day in Jerusalem.

I saw two camping/surplus shops with lots of uniforms and IDF related clothing.

There's also a lot of knives in these shops, and unlike the shops I went to in Syria, I saw real deal Ka-bars and the like. One of the Ka-bars I saw was 600 shekels, so if you want a Ka-bar that's the same as you can get in the US, but purchased in Israel, payment must come first (can't afford it otherwise).

Also (and this you guys should really like), they've got AR accessories. Forward pistol grips, telescoping stocks, the works. Most of the IDF I've seen walking around have their M16s-M4s unloaded with a magazine attached to the weapon, either to the stock or to a magazine holder that inserts into the mag well. These are also available ir anyone wants a mag holder for their featureless builds.

Finally (and this one should also get some buyers), there are bullet necklaces described as "lucky bullets from the Holy Land!" They come in a few different calibers, pistol and rifle, and would make awesome accessories for bullet button setups ;).

I'll be going to these shops tomorrow and taking pictures, trying to find a gun shop for more stuff you might like to hear about, and I'm gonna try and go to a shooting range here. If you've got any interest, PM me and message me.

gunsnrovers
08-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Have fun and post lots of pics.

AJAX22
08-05-2007, 10:45 AM
How much for the mag holder insert... I've wanted one of those for a while (It would allow you to keep an AR with a mag at the ready in your car while in CA)

Blue
08-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Bring me back one of those IDF chicks. :D

Tweak338
08-05-2007, 11:50 AM

If thats not possible, Pictures.

jerryg1776
08-05-2007, 1:19 PM

If they are having a special, I will take the 2 for 1 deal on the IDF Chicks. Especially if they come fully accessorized with M-4's!

Osprey
08-05-2007, 2:18 PM
Sent you a PM, DedEye. When you get back I'll give you the $$ and buy you a monster burrito and a beer at Freebird's.

DedEye
08-05-2007, 10:35 PM
If thats not possible, Pictures.

Way ahead of you guys ;).

Actually I haven't taken too many pictures of them yet; kinda intimidating when they've got an M4 :p.

Holy hell though, the women here are gorgeous.

I'll have to go back to the store and look at the mag holder, but I think it is about $20 (cost of the holder + the time it will take me to explain to customs why I have it).

Evil Dog
08-06-2007, 7:02 AM
How much for the mag holder insert... I've wanted one of those for a while (It would allow you to keep an AR with a mag at the ready in your car while in CA)

Unless things have changed, the ammo and the weapon have to be in 2 separate areas such as the weapon in the trunk and the ammo in the passenger compartment. If they are both in the same area it is considered a "loaded" weapon... a definite no no in Ca. This is presuming you aren't a LEO or such.

DedEye
08-06-2007, 8:35 AM
Unless things have changed, the ammo and the weapon have to be in 2 separate areas such as the weapon in the trunk and the ammo in the passenger compartment. If they are both in the same area it is considered a "loaded" weapon... a definite no no in Ca. This is presuming you aren't a LEO or such.

Unless I'm mistaken, Gene has addressed this several times and case law says that this is not the case. LEOs may disagree of course.

AJAX22
08-06-2007, 8:40 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, Gene has addressed this several times and case law says that this is not the case. LEOs may disagree of course.

Yep... remember bills favorite quote: when an officer asks you what the shotgun is for, tell him its because a handgun in the glovebox isn't legal' or something like that.

just let me know how much one is going to cost me and how I send you money... :p

loneeagle308
08-06-2007, 7:37 PM
Beat that dead horse Evil dog! Beat it till Boss Hawg squeals like a pig. You know how to do it. Harder Harder!!

1911su16b870
08-06-2007, 8:08 PM
Pick yourself one of those beautiful IDF gals!!! :D

Be safe and God speed on your journey home.

Boomer1961
08-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Pick yourself one of those beautiful IDF gals!!! :D

Be safe and God speed on your journey home.

Yes, a handful, or cupfull of these would do nicely. And as you can see they take that unloaded rule seriously with that little sock attachment on the weapon for the magazine. Either they had some very nasty accidents or a couple of hot heads that would have been stopped from shooting the arab shop keeper if only they had to take the time to load the magazine and rack the weapon.

http://www.popamericana.com/!/Buying_Ice_Cream.jpg

leelaw
08-07-2007, 8:15 AM

That proximity idea only applies to handguns which are not registered to you.

DedEye
08-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Yes, a handful, or cupfull of these would do nicely. And as you can see they take that unloaded rule seriously with that little sock attachment on the weapon for the magazine. Either they had some very nasty accidents or a couple of hot heads that would have been stopped from shooting the arab shop keeper if only they had to take the time to load the magazine and rack the weapon.

http://www.popamericana.com/!/Buying_Ice_Cream.jpg

The IDF girls are a tough nut to crack, let me assure you. So damn hot though.

Also, not everyone's weapon is unloaded. The cops obviously have loaded handguns, as do security (which is everywhere: restaurants, shopping centers, etc.), as well as the occasional soldier or cop with a loaded M4. No telling if the mag in the well is loaded or not, but it's a safe bet.

I'm gonna do my best to finally get some pics uploaded tonight. You'll finally be able to see what's on offer for purchase (and what isn't :p).

JesseXXX
08-07-2007, 11:35 AM
so does everyone get to "pack" or just LEO's and military...?

DedEye
08-07-2007, 4:07 PM
so does everyone get to "pack" or just LEO's and military...?

Basically just military and police. Security company employees too. However, since most of the population is still in the reserves, they get to pack their M16s. Settlers in the Occupied Territories get to carry whatever they want too.

DedEye
08-07-2007, 4:36 PM
Because I love you:

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa267/rando034/IMG_5247.jpg

The magholder on the left holds the magazine vertically next to the mag well, and the one on the right holds it horizontally in front of the mag well. The one on the left is $25, the right one is $20. Let me know if you want one. Additional carriers $5 off.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa267/rando034/IMG_5312.jpg

Anyone want rust cleaner? Writing on the package in Arabic, Hebrew and English (can't see the English due to the flash). $15

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa267/rando034/IMG_5313.jpg

DedEye
08-07-2007, 4:39 PM
Clothing:

Baseball hats $10

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa267/rando034/IMG_5310.jpg

While these are sweatshirts, they also come in t-shirts. $15 for a t-shirt, gotta check how much sweatshirts are (I'll ask if anyone is interested).

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa267/rando034/IMG_5175.jpg

DedEye
08-07-2007, 4:44 PM
Gotta fill out some paperwork for the package I sent. No news now. However, I have pictures of what I bought you all.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa267/rando034/IMG_4294.jpg

The knife on the left is for me, as is the baton. Since Mur prepaid, he gets to choose first between the knife to the right of the baton, or the knife to the right of the machete. The knife to the left of the machete is for Ivan, but if he passes on it and wants one of the smaller knives, Mur can have that one. Assuming Ivan goes with the big knife, LoneEagle gets whatever Mur doesn't choose as well as the machete.

The switchblade on the right of the table was a gift to a friend in Jordan. If he manages to bring it back to the US with him in a year (when he returns to the US), we'll see what becomes of it.

DedEye
08-07-2007, 4:47 PM
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa267/rando034/IMG_4176.jpg

I bought the black vest with the word police on it for LoneEagle. Didn't get a pic of the mag pouches, sorry.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa267/rando034/IMG_4179.jpg

The light brown holster on the left side of the picture is the one I chose for Ivan.

mur
08-07-2007, 6:09 PM
Gotta fill out some paperwork for the package I sent. No news now. However, I have pictures of what I bought you all.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa267/rando034/IMG_4294.jpg

The knife on the left is for me, as is the baton. Since Mur prepaid, he gets to choose first between the knife to the right of the baton, or the knife to the right of the machete. The knife to the left of the machete is for Ivan, but if he passes on it and wants one of the smaller knives, Mur can have that one. Assuming Ivan goes with the big knife, LoneEagle gets whatever Mur doesn't choose as well as the machete.

The switchblade on the right of the table was a gift to a friend in Jordan. If he manages to bring it back to the US with him in a year (when he returns to the US), we'll see what becomes of it.

Thank you Sir, I'll Take the one right of the baton:)

five.five-six
08-07-2007, 7:01 PM
yep, idf chicks are hot

LECTRIKHED
08-07-2007, 9:54 PM
Clothing:

While these are sweatshirts, they also come in t-shirts. $15 for a t-shirt, gotta check how much sweatshirts are (I'll ask if anyone is interested).

Come on you're in Israel, you gotta bargain. The T-Shirts should cost 20 Shequels.

Where did you find the Gun Store. The only place I found that was selling a gun was a sporting goods store inside a mall on the north border.

DedEye
08-08-2007, 6:23 AM
Come on you're in Israel, you gotta bargain. The T-Shirts should cost 20 Shequels.

Where did you find the Gun Store. The only place I found that was selling a gun was a sporting goods store inside a mall on the north border.

Helps to have friends who speak Hebrew :D.

It was in downtown Jerusalem, "Magnum 2525." Went there today and shot a CZ75 and a Mini-Uzi. Only 50 rounds, and they wouldn't let me go full auto (it was FA ready). Still fun.

Also, they can order Galil mags there, 35 rounders for 300 shekels. Anyone want some for out of state toys? SAS?

While you can get it for less with bargaining, you forget ancillary costs. Customs, tax, VAT, bribes, and of course, my time ;). Shipping and the Paypal skim on top of that too!

DedEye
08-09-2007, 1:32 PM
I'm buying everything for everyone tomorrow, save for a couple items I already picked up. If you don't see your name below PM me and tell me what you want/wanted. Someone sent me money via paypal (Marc) for a mag holder, but I don't know their user name so I'm not sure who it's for and if I've counted them yet.

Hank Rearden:

1 sweatshirt - Hebrew paratrooper design OD
1 t shirt - Hebrew paratrooper design OD

LoneEagle:

1 sweatshirt - English and Hebrew

Xsquid:

Galil scope mount (This one might be hard, since I called the gun shop today and the guy I spoke to didn't have a clue. I'm gonna try another shop in Tel Aviv and let you know my luck).
Black and white keffiyeh

Gunsnrovers:

2 IDF (English and Hebrew) t shirts

Wokmaster:

1 mag holder
1 bullet

Looking at this list I feel like I'm forgetting something/someone. PM me.

DedEye
08-10-2007, 7:29 AM
Quick update:

Bought the IDF English/Hebrew shirts today. Was running out of time so I didn't get the Hebrew only shirts or sweatshirts, plus it was Friday so the stores I tried to get them from were closed. I'm pretty sure I can get them in Tel Aviv.

I also bought 5 keffiyehs/shemaughs/hattas (all different names for the same thing). High quality, all cotton, checkered black and white. They all have the black agal (the band that holds them on the head). They were a bit more expensive than I expected - especially compared to the ones I bought in other countries. Anyhow, if you want one they're $12. One is for another friend back home and another is for me, but I can get more if anyone wants any. I can also get them without the agal if you don't want that, but the three that I have for sale here come with the agal.

Also, while I was in the West Bank in Bethlehem today, one person was killed and another ten were wounded in a shooting in the Old City in Jerusalem. I chose a good day to not be there.

loneeagle308
08-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Could I see a pic of the shemaughs? Might be interested. thanks!

DedEye
08-11-2007, 4:39 AM
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa267/rando034/n501363370_81493_1972.jpg

Yes, that's me. This is actually one of the keffiyehs I bought in Egypt. Looks basically the same though.

DedEye
08-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Latest update:

The package I shipped from DHL FINALLY cleared customs and is on it's way here. I'll be mailing it off to everyone after I figure out how much shipping here will cost (UPS or USPS, your choice, your dime). It's going to be shipped from 93117, but can also be picked up and with special arrangements picked up or shipped from 94558. More info to come now that I'm finally past the jetlag.

DedEye
08-18-2007, 11:29 AM
The package ARRIVED!!!