PDA

View Full Version : Local Glock Armorer?

TacticalPlinker
11-18-2012, 2:11 PM
So I'm thinking about having some work done on my new Glock 19 because I can never leave anything alone... But I really don't want to do the work myself, so does any know of a Glock armorer local to the Ventura County area or immediate area outside VC?

SA227driver
11-18-2012, 2:40 PM
What work do you need done?

TacticalPlinker
11-19-2012, 12:31 AM
What work do you need done?

Thinking of a couple possibilities...

- Replace front and rear sights
- Extended slide release
- Extended magazine release

I might also want some work on the grip, but that might not require a Glock armorer depending on what route I take (ex. Talon Grips).

That's about it for right now, but I may think of reducing the trigger pull weight or just seeing if I can make it a bit smoother.

Also look into replacement of any stock parts with after market parts to improve performance, such as springs...

I'm still researching the Glock to see what's popular and what's out there that might suit me.

h2o4lf
11-19-2012, 2:37 AM
Try Glockworx. They recently moved from Ventura to Oxnard. I would have put a link but, I am on my phone.

TacticalPlinker
11-19-2012, 4:34 AM
Try Glockworx. They recently moved from Ventura to Oxnard. I would have put a link but, I am on my phone.

Well I'll be damned... I've heard of Glockworx, and in fact, I was looking at their site earlier today. But I had no idea they were local. Thanks!

SA227driver
11-19-2012, 8:11 AM
Thinking of a couple possibilities...

- Replace front and rear sights
- Extended slide release
- Extended magazine release

I might also want some work on the grip, but that might not require a Glock armorer depending on what route I take (ex. Talon Grips).

That's about it for right now, but I may think of reducing the trigger pull weight or just seeing if I can make it a bit smoother.

Also look into replacement of any stock parts with after market parts to improve performance, such as springs...

I'm still researching the Glock to see what's popular and what's out there that might suit me.

What do you plan on using your Glock for? If it's going to be a race/competition gun, then go for it. If it's going to be a carry/self-defense gun; I would leave it stock when it comes to springs, with the exception of the items that you already mentioned.

If you do replace the slide stop and extended mag release make sure you take a tac pistol/self-defense course to see how your new setup works for you.

Some people have found that they can accidentally engage the slide stop with their shooting hand thumb, or accidentally engage the extended mag release under stress or with an awkward grip.

h2o4lf
11-19-2012, 7:52 PM
No worries. I have dealt with them a few times. Pretty cool bunch.

TacticalPlinker
11-20-2012, 12:37 AM
What do you plan on using your Glock for? If it's going to be a race/competition gun, then go for it. If it's going to be a carry/self-defense gun; I would leave it stock when it comes to springs, with the exception of the items that you already mentioned.

If you do replace the slide stop and extended mag release make sure you take a tac pistol/self-defense course to see how your new setup works for you.

Some people have found that they can accidentally engage the slide stop with their shooting hand thumb, or accidentally engage the extended mag release under stress or with an awkward grip.

Strictly carry and defense...

So, that being said, I'm thinking of actually taking a self-defense pistol course of some type very soon. I think I will wait until I do before making any changes.

I shot the Glock again today, and aside from shooting a bit low (is that me or the gun?), I need more work on my grip and stance...

Staying more on topic, one change I think will indeed need to be made is the front and rear sights as it's difficult for my eyes to properly focus on the stock sights.

Hop Sing
12-02-2012, 10:52 PM
I am in moorpark

ElDub1950
12-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Good plan to not make many changes until you use it awhile and take a class or two.

Changing the sights is fine and if you want, add some grip tape like Talons or something like that. They're easily removable and cheap if you decide you don't like them.

I 2nd the notion that adding extended slide release and extended mag release is a bad idea for a carry gun. Dropping your mag on the range is funny .. dropping your mag in the middle of defending yourself isn't.

TacticalPlinker
12-03-2012, 12:05 AM
I should be taking a pistol course here in December or January. I'll learn more than I have already about what I really do need to change...

But I will be adding some grip tape when I clean it next. My hand slips on the grip, especially after holding it awhile. I have to readjust my grip. I will also be adding some tape to the slide because my hand slips on that too.

I still have interest in replacing the sights. My eyes just don't pick up the stock sights quickly enough as I'd like. It's also difficult to maintain focus during fire. But I have not decided on anything specific. It's something I really do need to see in person because of my eyes.

I've also been researching some parts that help reduce recoil and maintain control (barrel rise). Specifically the recoil spring and rod.

GL0ckSho0ter
12-03-2012, 9:15 PM
I would PM Hop Sing if you're just looking for sights or a trigger job. He's a friend of mine and does great work! That being said, if you're looking to completely trick it out and take that Glock to the next level, you should call Ray over at Glockworx. He'll take care of you! Best of luck to ya!

-Justin

TacticalPlinker
12-04-2012, 12:49 AM
I would PM Hop Sing if you're just looking for sights or a trigger job. He's a friend of mine and does great work! That being said, if you're looking to completely trick it out and take that Glock to the next level, you should call Ray over at Glockworx. He'll take care of you! Best of luck to ya!

-Justin

Thanks for the suggestion. Right now I think the only change I want to make that would require an armorer is change the sights. Sure, I could do it myself, but I rather it be done by a professional.