PDA

View Full Version : Another fine day at Irvington Arms

TonyNorCal
07-27-2007, 6:50 PM
Had another fine experience today at Irvington Arms...

This is the shop to go to if you want to deal with friendly, knowledgeable people who are OLL friendly. I have had a great time every time I've been there...and in California how many gun stores can you say that about? Not many.

Here is a photo of today's haul...

U15 Stock and Rock River 2 stage (I supplied the Mega Gator lower from my stash). My first U15 and I am impressed and pleased. A special thanks to Rich for assembly. He offers classes on building AR-15s...you guys should avail yourselves of them.

M44 off Irvington's shelf...attractive, blondish stock...stamp matching...nice tight muzzlr.

Older Marlin/Glenfield Model 60 off Irvington's shelf, used but unfired, with original scope and manuals. Happy to pay $150. My first Model 60 and excited to have it.

Ruger 10/22 (my 3rd). Bought for $160 from our CalGuns classifieds. Came with a Barska scope, 2 mags, and almost 500 rounds of ammo.

All Stag rifle...bought through our classifieds...mag pinned and limited to 10 rounds (relax ladies). Looks to be a fine little carbine. Came with a Monster Man grip, and millet red dot.

Vector Arms AK classic...fit and finish look good. Wood looks good. Seems it was worth paying a bit more for it.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa153/RandomDestiny4/i.jpg

The Professional
07-27-2007, 6:53 PM
Great pickup! How many Vectors do they have in stock? I seem to have missed it last time.

Also, when did you purchase that Stag? It appears that I have missed it too...

TonyNorCal
07-27-2007, 6:56 PM
Great pickup! How many Vectors do they have in stock? I seem to have missed it last time.

Also, when did you purchase that Stag? It appears that I have missed it too...

Thanks!

I ordered the Vector from Atlantic...by way of LanWorld (Chris) to make it CA-legal (since Atlantic wouldn't do it).

The Stag was down in the sale section a while back.

The Professional
07-27-2007, 6:59 PM
Thanks!

I ordered the Vector from Atlantic...by way of LanWorld (Chris) to make it CA-legal (since Atlantic wouldn't do it).

The Stag was down in the sale section a while back.

Ahhh...that explains it. You are right about IA though... Best LGS in my opinion... I only give my business to them...:)

Kiba
07-27-2007, 9:26 PM
Nice haul.

I was there today too. I had to try *really* hard not to take anything home that required a DROS though. Just parts today. :p

DJAP1
07-27-2007, 9:28 PM
ya i love irvington arms. thats where i got my cmmg lower!!! i love it how they are completely strapped at all times straight hammers back w out safetys on their hip. those guys are bad a**. take your business there. highly reccomended.

Rogue187
07-27-2007, 9:34 PM
What does Irvington charge now for a transfer.?
I've been looking to pick up something but was curious about cost?

Thanks

NSR500
07-27-2007, 10:32 PM

Thanks

About $100, but the service and atmosphere is worth over 100 times that.

///D
07-27-2007, 10:39 PM
:iagree:

Frank, John, and Martin go above and beyond to make sure everyone's satisfied. Thanks again Frank...good luck this weekend.

TonyNorCal
07-27-2007, 10:46 PM

Thanks

It's 100 out the door for the first (that includes DROS). And it's $65 per additional long gun on the same DROS.

And, as said above, it's worth it...

1.) Everyone behind the counter at Irvington has a good attitude and knows gun law. How many shops can you say that about? How many gun stores give you no BS about OLLs and no attitude? Not many. How many times do you walk into a gun store anticipating a hassle or having to suffer through some nonsense or be treated poorly by a bad employee? Well, that doesn't happen at Irvington.

2.) There are OLL friendly...ARs, AKs, Saigas, FALs, and other off-list goodness...how many FFLs in Ca do them all? Not many.

3.) They are an actual brick and mortar store. Some FFLs work from home and that's great...no fault there. Those guys will obviously have less overhead. But it sure is nice to have an actual gun store that is friendly to OLLs and lacks the BS and bad attitude so prevalent in many stores. So for that reason it's also worth going....

TonyM
07-28-2007, 10:04 AM
It's 100 out the door for the first (that includes DROS). And it's $65 per additional long gun on the same DROS.

And, as said above, it's worth it...

1.) Everyone behind the counter at Irvington has a good attitude and knows gun law. How many shops can you say that about? How many gun stores give you no BS about OLLs and no attitude? Not many. How many times do you walk into a gun store anticipating a hassle or having to suffer through some nonsense or be treated poorly by a bad employee? Well, that doesn't happen at Irvington.

2.) There are OLL friendly...ARs, AKs, Saigas, FALs, and other off-list goodness...how many FFLs in Ca do them all? Not many.

3.) They are an actual brick and mortar store. Some FFLs work from home and that's great...no fault there. Those guys will obviously have less overhead. But it sure is nice to have an actual gun store that is friendly to OLLs and lacks the BS and bad attitude so prevalent in many stores. So for that reason it's also worth going....

Don't forget #4.

4.) When you go there you can get slobbered on by a big black beast. Just remember, if you pet it, it will demand your attention until you leave.

:p

Stormfeather
07-28-2007, 11:16 AM
ya i love irvington arms. thats where i got my cmmg lower!!! i love it how they are completely strapped at all times straight hammers back w out safetys on their hip. those guys are bad a**. take your business there. highly reccomended.

Not quite sure why them carrying their defensive pistols makes them badass. Its simple condition 1 carry, hammer back and safety off, nothing exciting about it till you watch a rookie blows his toe off, then we all laugh. . . .:rofl2:

Plus 1 for the store though, a buddy of mine down in gunban town (SF) took me there to do some afternoon boomsticking shopping one day while I was visiting him. Great place, nice people, just a bit too far for me to go to do my normal shopping.

JCG
07-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Hey Tony,

Nice haul. Sorry I have been out of touch for a while. This should make you laugh...... you ended up gettin one of my guns after all. The M44! Still has the remnants of the SJPD property tag on it!!!!!!

Check your PM, sent you my cell #

wilit
07-28-2007, 12:14 PM
Don't forget #4.

4.) When you go there you can get slobbered on by a big black beast. Just remember, if you pet it, it will demand your attention until you leave.

:p

Don't forget #5.

5.) If you have an extra $40, you can go to the massage place next door and get a happy ending. :D

Kiba
07-28-2007, 12:24 PM
Don't forget #5.

5.) If you have an extra $40, you can go to the massage place next door and get a happy ending. :D

Tell me about it. That place looks like a Fremont PD sting just waiting to happen! :p

TonyNorCal
07-28-2007, 12:45 PM
Hey Tony,

Nice haul. Sorry I have been out of touch for a while. This should make you laugh...... you ended up gettin one of my guns after all. The M44! Still has the remnants of the SJPD property tag on it!!!!!!

Check your PM, sent you my cell #

John, great to hear from you. Good to talk.

Looks like I bought a piece of history:)

aplinker
07-28-2007, 9:54 PM
Did a transfer at IA today. They were great. Unbelievably fast, too. Their Kimber prices were great, too.

The Professional
07-28-2007, 9:57 PM
Did a transfer at IA today. They were great. Unbelievably fast, too. Their Kimber prices were great, too.

You went to IA all the way from W. LA?:p

SemiAutoSam
07-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Just a question about this place ? Not trolling just looking for the reason why ? dont get me wrong its great that your happy with your experience but you would have saved 45.00 per additional long gun and 50.00 off the first using my FFL.

Are transfer dealers so rare that someone would pay 100 for the first and 65 for each additional long gun transfer ? My FFL charges 25 for the first and 20 for each additional long gun and the DROS is the standard rate no matter how many long guns are on it.

aplinker
07-28-2007, 10:13 PM
You went to IA all the way from W. LA?:p

Yup. Up to visit family and make a trade. Nice weekend. :D

The Professional
07-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Yup. Up to visit family and make a trade. Nice weekend. :D

Awesome! Guns and family...can't beat that. :punk:

The Professional
07-28-2007, 10:16 PM
Just a question about this place ? Not trolling just looking for the reason why ? dont get me wrong its great that your happy with your experience but you would have saved 45.00 per additional long gun and 50.00 off the first using my FFL.

Are transfer dealers so rare that someone would pay 100 for the first and 65 for each additional long gun transfer ? My FFL charges 25 for the first and 20 for each additional long gun and the DROS is the standard rate no matter how many long guns are on it.

Sam, just to clarify, this is for out of state transfer...

Some of the dealers here charges $50 per gun and then, they will pull the sales tax crap. For IA, the $100 is all inclusive...

SemiAutoSam
07-28-2007, 10:34 PM
OK thats cool Mine where also out of state transfers. Remember those 30 AR lowers I bought 4-6 months ago.

20.00 each X29 and no sales tax as I didnt purchase the receivers from my FFL. He understands normal thinking.

Sam, just to clarify, this is for out of state transfer...

Some of the dealers here charges $50 per gun and then, they will pull the sales tax crap. For IA, the $100 is all inclusive...

The Professional
07-28-2007, 10:38 PM
OK thats cool Mine where also out of state transfers. Remember those 30 AR lowers I bought 4-6 months ago.

20.00 each X29 and no sales tax as I didnt purchase the receivers from my FFL. He understands normal thinking.

Pretty darn good deal Sam... I just wish we have the same deal here...

But I can't complain... I am just glad to find an OLL friendly FFL w/ such a great service.

SemiAutoSam
07-28-2007, 10:40 PM
It gets even better.
But thats a disclosure only in a PM. Ill tell you later. :D

Pretty darn good deal Sam... I just wish we have the same deal here...

But I can't complain... I am just glad to find an OLL friendly FFL w/ such a great service.

NSR500
07-29-2007, 12:28 AM
Don't forget #5.

Is that really one of ¨Those Places¨ next door?

My GF goes with me to the shop sometimes and I joke about it with her, but I was never really sure. Now she might question me when I say I going over to the shop alone, LOL... :D

TonyM
07-29-2007, 1:48 AM
Is that really one of ¨Those Places¨ next door?

My GF goes with me to the shop sometimes and I joke about it with her, but I was never really sure. Now she might question me when I say I going over to the shop alone, LOL... :D

Only one way to find out.

I think you should be the test case!

;):p

WokMaster1
07-29-2007, 8:35 AM
Anyone tell me if IA stocks Saigas 16" (7.62X39) or do I have to have it transferred from out of state? PM me if needed.

John S
07-29-2007, 10:57 AM

I agree.

This is the price we all have to pay for the complacence of California gun shops (FFL holders) in general.

$100 just to get the paper work right and stay in business.

This is truly sad!

Steyr_223
07-29-2007, 1:06 PM
"Anyone tell me if IA stocks Saigas 16" (7.62X39) or do I have to have it transferred from out of state? "

Both. When Saigas come in, they are gone pretty quick..I missed a few shipments of Saiga 308's by a few hours before I finally got one..Pick up this Tues!

Give them a call and they will let you know what is in stock and what is in the pipe..

:)

joel1316
08-02-2007, 9:46 AM
Went to Irvington Arms yesterday and bought a new Kimber. Dam those guys are quick! I brought my son with me thinking it was going to be tough keeping him occupied. He didn't even get comfortable in the chair and paperworks were done! Thanks!

xrMike
08-02-2007, 9:54 AM
Don't forget #5.

5.) If you have an extra $40, you can go to the massage place next door and get a happy ending. :DWell that would explain why Frank seems so relaxed all the time. :D

phish
08-02-2007, 9:56 AM

I'll only speak for myself, but yes, the extra $45 is no big deal. I'm only 10 minutes away from work, and 15 from my house. I could go to another dealer in the south bay who charges for less, but driving through the "furball" of hwy 880 and 101 to do the deed is not worth it, not to mention he's not a brick-n-mortar op and is away a lot on business.

For me it's just an issue of what my time is worth, which for me these days, is a lot.

Spodeley
08-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Does IA have .223 ammo? As far as I could see yesterday there's nothing but crap at the Gun Exchange, Reed's, and Imbert's is out too - who knows what's going on at Kerley's anymore. Might as well shop for ammo at Big-5 - or maybe I'm just an idiork...

Steyr_223
08-02-2007, 11:32 AM
"Does IA have .223 ammo? "

They had PMC Bronze .223 in stock last week. Don't recall the price.

Spodeley
08-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Thank-you! :-) I'm awaiting dies, brass, and Sierras from Midway - but there's Practice on Saturday and all I have is a 50-box of Black Hills I got before Imbert's ran dry. Got to test the new White Oak upper...

Spodeley
08-02-2007, 3:08 PM
Ok PMC Bronze is $8/20 - I got three boxes, I was feeling frustrated about the ammo-situation.
They are nice guys, had a nice chat with Rich. Haven't been across the Bay much since I stopped working in Fremont.

ghost
08-02-2007, 5:07 PM
just got back from there earlier,quick ppt`s as usual:D