PDA

View Full Version : ----AK47 with pistol grip at BURRO CANYON----

childofuniverse6969
07-27-2007, 10:48 AM
I wanted to go to Burro Canyon and shoot my AK out there. I have noticed that the range master out there only checks what type of AMMO is used for fire prevention.
I have a pistol grip which is not installed on my AK, but if I was to use a pistol grip on my AK with a detachable magazine out in Burro..would I get in trouble? I know it's not legal to have one..and definitely don't want to risk getting in trouble with the law. But it seems that if they're cool with it and they don't check any paperwork for pre-ban registration..then I would be willing to just test it out.

What is your guys opinions on that?

Styles
07-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Very very very bad idea. Don't ever do that in California. Ever.

Jicko
07-27-2007, 11:02 AM
I wanted to go to Burro Canyon and shoot my AK out there. I have noticed that the range master out there only checks what type of AMMO is used for fire prevention.
I have a pistol grip which is not installed on my AK, but if I was to use a pistol grip on my AK with a detachable magazine out in Burro..would I get in trouble? I know it's not legal to have one..and definitely don't want to risk getting in trouble with the law. But it seems that if they're cool with it and they don't check any paperwork for pre-ban registration..

Theoretically, "range master"s are there to ensure "range safety", they are not there to "enforce law"... they are no LEO, nor lawyers....

then I would be willing to just test it out.

!@#$^@$@#!$@

Don't do it.

Drexel669
07-27-2007, 11:02 AM
Don't do it. Put a Monster Man Grip on that thing and have a blast!!!!

ianS
07-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Sure, you could probably get away with it probably but you're taking a big risk. And once a Sheriff's or LAPD catches you with one they'll be more actively looking for other violators as well. You'll not be doing your fellow shooters any favors and giving the authorities and range masters a reason to be more suspicious.

ghettoshecky
07-27-2007, 11:21 AM
yeah it's a bad idea, and I really wouldn't want you to do it. Just FYI I have seen plenty of really young looking "adults" who have pistol grip AKs at Burro having a blast. They don't even look like they're over 21 and most of them were shooting only long guns and no pistols, which would only further prove my point. Except for a few, none of them seemed like gangbangers. I think they're just a bunch of ill-informed kids who are pretty damn lucky. Same thing happened at San Gabriel before it closed. At San Gabriel I literally asked one of them how he got that and he pretty much told me it was illegal:confused:

simonov
07-27-2007, 11:23 AM

What is our opinion of your plans to commit a felony? I guess as law-abiding citizens we could only hope that you not do it.

pepsi2451
07-27-2007, 12:02 PM
I know it's not legal to have one..and definitely don't want to risk getting in trouble with the law.

Then don't do it. You won't find a lot of people on here that will tell you to break the law.

Could you get away with it? Probably. Is it worth the risk? No.

If you want to shoot with preban mags and a pistol grip go out of state. If you have 10 rd mags just fix the mag with a bullet button type mag lock.

nwnguy
07-27-2007, 12:22 PM
what's it with your threads and the -----~~~~~look at me~~~~~----- titles? :confused:

kantstudien
07-27-2007, 12:23 PM
Make sure you fill 'er up first. ;)

bwiese
07-27-2007, 12:37 PM

I have a pistol grip which is not installed on my AK, but if I was to use a pistol grip on my AK with a detachable magazine out in Burro..would I get in trouble? I know it's not legal to have one..and definitely don't want to risk getting in trouble with the law. But it seems that if they're cool with it and they don't check any paperwork for pre-ban registration..then I would be willing to just test it out.

The overall Calguns opinion of your idea is that you are asking us to approve of your committing multiple felonies.

It's your *** in jail, not ours. YOU'RE ALSO BRINGING FRIGGING UNWANTED GRIEF ON THE RANGE AND FOLKS GOING THERE, SO WHAT YOU HAVE ASKED IS NOT ONLY ILLEGAL, IT'S RUDE AND A THREAT TO OTHERS.

We have fought long and hard to achieve gains against these silly AW laws and to get rifles in useful, legal configurations - and fought to show that folks here are in full compliance with the laws and regulations as written/intended.

Your public announcement of intention to commit multiple felonies is not only frowned upon by most all of us here, it's just plain noob-stupid.

You've announced it to the world in a forum that Dept of Justice reads on a daily basis. If anyone cared to, they could find out who you were in a matter of about an hour as there's no anyonymity on the internet (without significant technical skills).

Possession and transport and manufacture of an unregistered assault weapon are all separate felonies under 12280(a) and (b). You could be charged with all three. Please let us know which state prison to send the KY to.

Burro staff are not range police. An obvious issue (full auto) will be frowned upon, but they have no way to inspect everyone's rifle see if it's a registered AW or not, etc. It's up to you to be legal - they are not the police - and it's also up to you to not f**k up and cause trouble for the range and your fellow shooters.

Sorry (well, maybe not) to be so harsh but DON'T BE STUPID.

MonsterMan AK grips work just fine and are legal for use with detachalbe semauto centerfire magzine rifles since they are not, by definition, pistol grips

WokMaster1
07-27-2007, 12:39 PM

:nuts::nuts::nuts:

bwiese
07-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Aw geez, not this idiotic "can I please be illegal" crap again...

The overall Calguns opinion of your idea is that you are asking us to approve of your committing multiple felonies.

It's your *** in jail, not ours. YOU'RE ALSO BRINGING FRIGGING UNWANTED GRIEF ON THE RANGE AND FOLKS GOING THERE, SO WHAT YOU HAVE ASKED IS NOT ONLY ILLEGAL, IT'S RUDE AND A THREAT TO OTHERS.

We have fought long and hard to achieve gains against these silly AW laws and to get rifles in useful, legal configurations - and fought to show that folks here are in full compliance with the laws and regulations as written/intended.

Your public announcement of intention to commit multiple felonies is not only frowned upon by most all of us here, it's just plain noob-stupid.

You've announced it to the world in a forum that Dept of Justice reads on a daily basis. If anyone cared to, they could find out who you were in a matter of about an hour as there's no anyonymity on the internet (without significant technical skills).

Possession and transport and manufacture of an unregistered assault weapon are all separate felonies under 12280(a) and (b). You could be charged with all three. Please let us know which state prison to send the KY to.

Burro staff are not range police. An obvious issue (full auto) will be frowned upon, but they have no way to inspect everyone's rifle see if it's a registered AW or not, etc. It's up to you to be legal - they are not the police - and it's also up to you to not f**k up and cause trouble for the range and your fellow shooters.

Sorry (well, maybe not) to be so harsh but DON'T BE STUPID.

MonsterMan AK grips work just fine and are legal for use with detachalbe semauto centerfire magzine rifles since they are not, by definition, pistol grips

Josh3239
07-27-2007, 12:41 PM
I can't believe this guy is still here. First he asks how to fill up his AK with gas and now he is asking up if he should commit a felony in the PRK (,not to mention, its pretty much accepted that the PRK monitors this board). I say he is troll or someone who really shouldn't own a gun.

Definetly agree with Bill. That pretty much undermines everything we have worked for and only reinforces the antis poor opinions of gun owners.

bwiese
07-27-2007, 12:43 PM
I can't believe this guy is still here. First he asks how to fill up his AK with gas and now he is asking up if he should commit a felony in the PRK (,not to mention, its pretty much accepted that the PRK monitors this board). I say he is troll or someone who really shouldn't own a gun.

Yeah you know things are getting bad when you can't tell the idiots from the DOJ/Brady trolls.

I think this guy is just a noob, though and this is to be expected with expansion/ growth of Calguns..

RudyN
07-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Just can't believe that someone would be as stupid as this to post this kind of stuff on the board. The more I look at his posts, the more I wonder if he is a troll?

RudyN
07-27-2007, 12:57 PM
Just can't believe that someone would be as stupid as this to post this kind of stuff on the board. The more I look at his posts, the more I wonder if he is a troll?

tom_92673
07-27-2007, 1:00 PM
Um Hi Everyone,

I was thinking of committing mass murder, you know, for the fun of it, and I was wondering if everyone here could like, help me figure out if it's cool and all.

(Just kidding above and exaggerating to make a point, just in case anyone can't tell that I'm being sarcastic)

I made stupid mistakes when I joined this board as well, so I"m not claiming to be smarter than the average bear, but maybe there should be a probationary period where new posters have to post these sorts of questions in a newbie thread. Either that or a standard link to the FAQ automatically slapped on them and their privleges suspended for a week for asking about committing crimes. I would have probably been hit with this myself, so I'm not suggesting it to pile on any one new, in particular.

Budd
07-27-2007, 1:01 PM

Or a DOJ employee looking for I.P.'s that state they do the same............

Edit: Any why post this in 2nd amendment forum?:confused: I.P. check on aisle 3. Bring the ban hammer!

tiki
07-27-2007, 1:01 PM
Just in case you read this far to see if anyone said to do it, sorry, I'm not going to be the one. However, I just nominated you for a Darwin Award.

:90:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:San_Quentin.jpg

EastBayRidge
07-27-2007, 1:06 PM
Anytime someone includes "I know it's not legal..." in their question, noobitude ceases to be an excuse...

oaklander
07-27-2007, 1:08 PM
How can you *not* think this is a stupid idea?

Like Bill said, lots of people have worked long and hard to get us to where we are now with the whole OLL situation. A couple of years ago, you couldn't have even gotten your AK here in California, pistol grip or not.

It is very important that we play by the rules. That means no illegal configurations of any kind, at any time!

Legitimate questions are welcomed on this board, but nobody here is going to condone illegal activity.

k

Harbinger
07-27-2007, 1:12 PM
OK, who set the REPLY button to three round burst?

Mike

childofuniverse6969
07-27-2007, 1:21 PM
OK, who set the REPLY button to three round burst?

Mike

LOL!!

Alright the reason I asked that questions was because I have seen others at the range with illegal configuration. Now you'll say, "well just because some idiot does it, doesn't mean you have to do it" That's the reason I asked...because I wanted to know if others can get away with it.. can I, too?

Now from reading everyone's harsh comments..but honest ones. I've decided against it, and plan to purchase a monster man grip and a mag lock to see which configuration I will keep. Which will be legal and safe, but still fun to shoot.

I might have caused you all a little suffering..or even a high blood pressure for some of you by asking these questions. But it was important for me to ask because honestly, I don't know ANYONE that owns a gun...and I'm probably the first generation in my family to own a gun. So yeah, you can call me a "troll" or a "n00b" but as long as I get a response to my question.. I don't really care.

1919_4_ME
07-27-2007, 1:21 PM
I dont know why all of you guys waiste your time explaining to these undercover agents.I think it should be a rule when a dumb question like this comes up it should just be deleted.:rolleyes:

fairfaxjim
07-27-2007, 1:23 PM

My opinion is you're an idiot! We need some serious gene pool chlorine!

Tweak338
07-27-2007, 1:31 PM
What do you expect from a guy who thinks his AK needs gas to run ?

Josh3239
07-27-2007, 1:32 PM
Alright the reason I asked that questions was because I have seen others at the range with illegal configuration.

It is very possible and more likely that they are using a bullet button or the weapon in pre-ban.

You admitted on a forum monitored by the DOJ that you knew it was a felony and wanted to go threw with it anyway, how is that not stupid?

1919_4_ME
07-27-2007, 1:36 PM
Its becuase he is DOJ or is working for them.There out phishing to bust people right now....

07-27-2007, 1:39 PM
I recall being the first to say "troll" in the AK petrol thread ;)

While I think childofuniverse6969 should have started with a .22 and learned a lot more before moving up the ranks to OLL's, he (assuming male here) already has an AK and is going to shoot with it. The best we can do is guide him in the right direction.

The ~~~LOOK AT ME LOL~~~ thread titles and the stupid questions piss me off too, but I believe it better to to bear with it than to alienate him and potentially drive a fellow shooter and possible activist from the community.

Unless I was right the first time and this is a troll, in which case I say good show ;)

JesseXXX
07-27-2007, 1:41 PM
I think I mod should delete and lock this post.....

Q
07-27-2007, 1:47 PM
DON'T DO IT!If you want to shoot it with a pistol grip. Make sure the mag is locked in place.

xenophobe
07-27-2007, 1:48 PM
Most people here don't know this, but this guy originally came here back when the Yamaha R1 forum decided they would come over here to troll for the fun of it.

rkt88edmo
07-27-2007, 1:51 PM
Interesting, I didn't know it either until I scrolled all the way down here to put in my mesage for the lock.

Closed for nonsense, possibly advocating illegal activity, possible trolling...

Most people here don't know this, but this guy originally came here back when the Yamaha R1 forum decided they would come over here to troll for the fun of it.