PDA

View Full Version : Removing The Flash Hider off the PTR91

Bagger
07-26-2007, 7:32 PM
It has a locking pin How do i release the pin or spring to remove Flash hider ?
Any help would be great and what tool do you reccomend.

adamsreeftank
07-26-2007, 8:02 PM
Have you tried unscrewing it and then pulling on it? I don't recall if it has left or right threads, but that worked for me.

Bagger
07-27-2007, 4:37 AM
Thats not How it works.
I finally figured it out . i had to put pressure on the pin and turn it.

Have you tried unscrewing it and then pulling on it? I don't recall if it has left or right threads, but that worked for me.

anothergunnut
07-27-2007, 8:26 AM
So, since you have done it, maybe you can share with the rest of us?

xenophobe
07-27-2007, 9:44 AM
You just unscrew it... a strap wrench would be perfect.

The "pin" is a spring, and it retains the flash hider in position without needing to be torqued down. Sometimes they're really tight. There is no need to physically move or push it in....

Bagger
07-27-2007, 12:44 PM
youll need to press the pin in first correct you dont need to torque down the flash hider it locks in place .
i will post pics Thanks ..

The "pin" is a spring, and it retains the flash hider in position without needing to be torqued down. Sometimes they're really tight. There is no need to physically move or push it in....

Bagger
07-27-2007, 12:44 PM
youll need to press the pin in first correct you dont need to torque down the flash hider it locks in place .
i will post pics Thanks ..

anothergunnut
11-29-2007, 4:21 PM
Anybody know what the thread size is? Once you remove the flash hider, you need to replace it with something that protects the threads.

rorschach
11-30-2007, 2:00 PM
Anybody know what the thread size is? Once you remove the flash hider, you need to replace it with something that protects the threads.

M15X1 right hand.

anothergunnut
11-30-2007, 3:08 PM
Thanks, I will have to see what I can find at Lowes in that size...