07-26-2007, 6:38 PM
is bowtech a good bow?

tankerman
07-26-2007, 8:16 PM
I prefer the local guys, love my KO
http://www.kodiak-outdoors.com/

toolman9000
07-26-2007, 8:50 PM
I have a Bowtech Tribute and it is like shooting a silent rifle... I LOVE it! It is the best bow I have ever shot in my life and Bowtech has great customer service, they sent me a set of cams for free so the bow could be fitted to my long draw. I will try to get a pic up in a day or two.

I chose a Bowtech Tribute over Matthews Switchback because it is SMOOTHER overall, there is no jump or chop. It shoots like butter.

I have shot both and Bowtech is the winner in my book.

-toolman9000

Bongos
07-27-2007, 6:29 AM
I have a Bowtech Tribute and it is like shooting a silent rifle... I LOVE it! It is the best bow I have ever shot in my life and Bowtech has great customer service, they sent me a set of cams for free so the bow could be fitted to my long draw. I will try to get a pic up in a day or two.

I chose a Bowtech Tribute over Matthews Switchback because it is SMOOTHER overall, there is no jump or chop. It shoots like butter.

I have shot both and Bowtech is the winner in my book.

-toolman9000

The tribute is what I got on order, just wanting insight on the quality. Next will be the sights/rest/etc...

Mute
07-27-2007, 8:30 AM
Yes. But I'm a Hoyt fan personally.

rh3431
07-27-2007, 1:05 PM
I've got a Diamond which is made by bowtech. Great bow. Like every else said... VERY smooth!

awheelman357
07-27-2007, 3:18 PM
i shoot PSE have you been to the range/shop over by the fullerton airport?

Bongos
07-27-2007, 4:36 PM
I'm getting it set up at Orange County Archery in Fountain Valley, nice shop...family owned business.. very nice people..

tankerman
07-27-2007, 6:48 PM
I'm getting it set up at Orange County Archery in Fountain Valley, nice shop...family owned business.. very nice people..
They are nice people. They don't stock the KO's (kodiak outdoors) but they will order them (notice a theme here? I really suggest you try a KO before buying anything). Really great bows from a local company. At OC Archery they try to stock different equipment than the Fullerton boys. Got my Long Bow from them

toolman9000
07-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Here is my baby:

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1485/bowtechhy9.jpg

Added Accessories:
Doinker A-Bomb Stabilizer, 7" Hunting Multi-rod Series BM7P
Trophy Ridge Drop Zone Arrow Rest
Trophy Ridge Single Pin Sight
Trophy Ridge Quiver
and I have a Scott Release.

Joe at High Tech Archery put on the peep sight and tuned it for me.

I love this freaking bow!

Bongos
07-29-2007, 8:54 AM
Here is my baby:

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1485/bowtechhy9.jpg

Added Accessories:
Doinker A-Bomb Stabilizer, 7" Hunting Multi-rod Series BM7P
Trophy Ridge Drop Zone Arrow Rest
Trophy Ridge Single Pin Sight
Trophy Ridge Quiver
and I have a Scott Release.

Joe at High Tech Archery put on the peep sight and tuned it for me.

I love this freaking bow!

very nice

HillBilly
07-29-2007, 6:06 PM
almost bought a guardian....went with a drenalin instead. the guardian is sick quiet! this thread makes me all excited...didn't know we had bowhunters on board!

popndrop
07-29-2007, 9:51 PM
www.CALGUNS.NET

Damn it Bongos, find the right forum, and stop eating up space on this one...

JUST KIDDING. I can't wait to see the new toy.

Bongos
07-30-2007, 5:34 PM
www.CALGUNS.NET

Damn it Bongos, find the right forum, and stop eating up space on this one...

JUST KIDDING. I can't wait to see the new toy.

Your TOYS make my toys look insignificant :cool2:

Bongos
08-04-2007, 9:00 AM
It finally came , cant beleive this thing weigh about 5 lbs, will bring it oner and get it dress up...see ya Pop

Bongos
08-09-2007, 4:48 PM
Well just got back from OC Archery, great place they took the time to set up my bow and measure my arrows, then let me try some releases to see which one I liked best, the best part was I did not buy the bow from them, just the rest, sight, release and arrows, they only charge me $10 for the labor. And I had the choice of changing the rest, and sight if I change my mind later...they are awesome and I highly recommend....

Oh, almost forgot.. unlike most places they did not push the most expensive equipment, just the ones that feels right for the bowman...:p