PDA

View Full Version : ~~~~~~~my First Ak-47~~~~~~~

childofuniverse6969
07-26-2007, 8:44 AM
Hi:

I just got in my first AK47 shipped from DD's ranch and I picked it up from a FFL licensed dealer pawn shop in riverside. It feels so awesome to actually hold one. I have a couple of quick questions for anyone that can please answer them..because I don't know anyone that owns an AK and this is my first gas operated rifle..and I'm having a hard time finding some good online resources. (I also own a M44 bolt action rifle)

1. What is the small tin canister for? - I assume it is to be filled with gas/fuel.
2. What kind of fuel do I use? (kersoene/petrol ??)
3. Where do I put in the fuel and how?- Does anyone have good links or pictures showing how to do it?
4. I also found a metal tube along with the rifle, which was wrapped in a plastic bag and I'm not sure what its used for. The AK manual that they shipped along with the gun doesn't explain much...accept for how to dissamble and assemble it.

All your help and feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

kap
07-26-2007, 8:46 AM
Gas operated means that the gas from burning gunpowder cycles the action of the rifle. I does not require you to "fill 'er up".

Wikipedia has a good description of the principles involved.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_operated

childofuniverse6969
07-26-2007, 8:57 AM
oh okay...I see.

I'm still not sure what the Tin can is for? Maybe...a shot of whiskey before I go target shooting? hehe.

ghost
07-26-2007, 9:00 AM
here try this website it will answer all your romanian ak needs: http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/index.shtml

childofuniverse6969
07-26-2007, 9:03 AM
Thanks... I'll check it out when I get back home from work.

kap
07-26-2007, 9:04 AM
Post some pictures.

The "tin can" could be an oiler (i.e. it holds oil so you could clean and lubricate your rifle in the field).

Does it look like this?

http://akcollectors.com/Sales/Sales_Detail.php?g=sales1146713521

07-26-2007, 9:10 AM
I can't help but feel like Calguns just got trolled.

bigthaiboy
07-26-2007, 9:11 AM

I suspect you recieved a bottle similar to this. It is the gun lubricating oil bottle - part of the cleaning kit bundled with your AK rifle. The black metal tube holds all your gun cleaning attachments (some of them will screw onto the end of your cleaning rod). The tube fits into the trapdoor on your rifle butt.

kerosene/petrol in your AK = 2nd/ 3rd degree burns and a long stay in hosital!

childofuniverse6969
07-26-2007, 9:41 AM
Post some pictures.

The "tin can" could be an oiler (i.e. it holds oil so you could clean and lubricate your rifle in the field).

Does it look like this?

http://akcollectors.com/Sales/Sales_Detail.php?g=sales1146713521

yeah that's it! haha..Thanks. I'm going to post some pictures of rifle when I get back tonight...and I'll also post a picture of that mysterious rod tube. Thanks everyone for your feedback.

childofuniverse6969
07-26-2007, 9:43 AM

I suspect you recieved a bottle similar to this. It is the gun lubricating oil bottle - part of the cleaning kit bundled with your AK rifle. The black metal tube holds all your gun cleaning attachments (some of them will screw onto the end of your cleaning rod). The tube fits into the trapdoor on your rifle butt.

kerosene/petrol in your AK = 2nd/ 3rd degree burns and a long stay in hosital!

You're so awesome. That just about answers all my questions. Thanks a million.

PIRATE14
07-26-2007, 9:54 AM
Good job helping this guy out......I think he needs it......;)

I own page two........

accordingtoome
07-26-2007, 9:56 AM
pictures please

capitol
07-26-2007, 9:58 AM
No way could this be true, no way...:icon_bs:

Jicko
07-26-2007, 10:01 AM
1. What is the small tin canister for? - I assume it is to be filled with gas/fuel.
2. What kind of fuel do I use? (kersoene/petrol ??)
3. Where do I put in the fuel and how?- Does anyone have good links or pictures showing how to do it?

I'm sorrie...

:rofl:

I laughed so hard...... gosh.... "gas operated".......

When can we get a "hybrid AK"? Those that use gasoline and battery?

The ONLY battery/fuel operated AK I've seen shoots 6mm BBs. :D

Ok, I apologize again.... for laughing... I m sorrie.... :p

PS. I know you are excited.... but ditch those "~~~~~~"

pepsi2451
07-26-2007, 10:07 AM
ROTF LMAO

This has to be a joke right? If its not I'm sorry for laughing, but if this is your first time shooting you might want to go with someone who has gone before.

1911whore
07-26-2007, 10:17 AM
um yeah gas operated, 87 octane. Ak rifles are made to run on the cheap stuff. HAHAHAHAHA ok if you are serious sorry for laughing but man this is good. Thank you.

leelaw
07-26-2007, 10:26 AM
They sell AK47 gas at the hardware store. It's in a small bottle, usually stored somewhere near the headlight fluid.

cho034442
07-26-2007, 10:26 AM
I also would like to add that the "cleaning rod" is located below the barrel, if yours comes with one.

GI_JOE
07-26-2007, 10:28 AM
:rofl2: Thanks for that.

hoozaru
07-26-2007, 11:03 AM
WTS AK gas fuel, price lowered, money order pls, paypal +3%, fast shipping.

just kd, seriously, welcome to the club bro.

SunriseF150
07-26-2007, 11:53 AM
http://www.highcarbbooks.com/images/AKAnimation.gif

Jicko
07-26-2007, 12:36 PM

Where do the 87 octane goes?

blacklisted
07-26-2007, 12:53 PM
My AK furniture is made out of compressed hemp and it operates on biodiesel.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/ebolamonkey/smiley_troll.gif

jumbopanda
07-26-2007, 1:18 PM
My AKs only take premium. :cool2:

childofuniverse6969
07-26-2007, 1:30 PM

Sweet.

childofuniverse6969
07-26-2007, 1:35 PM
My AKs only take premium. :cool2:

Haha..now that I think about it and know more about it. I'm laughing too. Hey..i had the courage to ask if i wasn't sure. I remember a professor telling me, "there is no stupid question, just ask"

Yeah, much thanks to those who actually held their chuckle in...and provided a honest response to my question rather than just mock me.

tom_92673
07-26-2007, 1:57 PM
I actually had a high school calculus teacher tell me, "there are no stupid questions, just stupid people that ask questions."

That being said, I think everyone here was just giving you a hard time for the fun of it.

Lohse
07-26-2007, 2:01 PM
:useless:
If it's real I want to see the new rifle.

Morales
07-26-2007, 2:10 PM
I don't mean to be an A-hole, but am I the only one who is uncomfortable with a guy buying an AK that doesn't know what gas-operated means?

childofuniverse6969
07-26-2007, 2:14 PM
I don't mean to be an A-hole, but am I the only one who is uncomfortable with a guy buying an AK that doesn't know what gas-operated means?

yeah, it's just you. I'm totally comfortable with it. :D

What's the big deal? I learned how it works by asking a stupid question..instead of reading a friggin book about how it works. G-E-E-Z luiz.

Morales
07-26-2007, 2:19 PM
I think its wise to read as much about a rifle before buying it as possible. For your saftey as well as others. There are things you never even think about, or know to ask that can be essential pieces of information.

JesseXXX
07-26-2007, 2:31 PM
It brings back memories of basic....

Drill Sgt. yelling "if you morons get stupid in the head, just read this (pointing at words stamped on unit, and reading out loud) FRONT TOWARD ENEMY!":D

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z302/JESSSSE1XXX/Gamma_M33.gif

07-26-2007, 2:32 PM
I think its wise to read as much about a rifle before buying it as possible. For your saftey as well as others. There are things you never even think about, or know to ask that can be essential pieces of information.

+1 :)

viras
07-26-2007, 2:40 PM
Haha..now that I think about it and know more about it. I'm laughing too. Hey..i had the courage to ask if i wasn't sure. I remember a professor telling me, "there is no stupid question, just ask"

Yeah, much thanks to those who actually held their chuckle in...and provided a honest response to my question rather than just mock me.

Dude, sometimes the guys in here are dicks, but the cool ones provide very good info (and make fun of you in a goodhearted manner for your n00b questions at the same time).

I'm a n00b too - I just got a RAA Saiga .308. I've posted so many stupid questions, I'm sure some of these dudes are sick of me by now. But I gotta ask, because how else will us n00bs find out?

A lot of guys will tell you to use the search button - The search button isn't too helpful when you don't know what to search for. For example, I didn't know what PRK means. I ran a search and got a lot of people talking about PRK, but nothing that defined it. After asking, I found out that it has nothing to do with rifles - it's an abbreviation these guys use that means "People's Republic of Kalifornia". That's another thing - these guys use a lot of abbreviations - you have to get used to them.

Anyway, welcome. I got your back - us n00bs gotta stick together.

viras
07-26-2007, 2:42 PM

Maybe he had the opportunity to pick up the rifle before he had a chance to find out anything about it.

I know nothing about machine guns, but if I could legally get my hands on one, I'd get it.

I know nothing about Ferrari's or Lamborghini's, but again, if I came across one for cheap, I'd get it and ask questions later.

Hey, at least he found his way here, right?

childofuniverse6969
07-26-2007, 2:48 PM
Dude, sometimes the guys in here are dicks, but the cool ones provide very good info (and make fun of you in a goodhearted manner for your n00b questions at the same time).

I'm a n00b too - I just got a RAA Saiga .308. I've posted so many stupid questions, I'm sure some of these dudes are sick of me by now. But I gotta ask, because how else will us n00bs find out?

A lot of guys will tell you to use the search button - The search button isn't too helpful when you don't know what to search for. For example, I didn't know what PRK means. I ran a search and got a lot of people talking about PRK, but nothing that defined it. After asking, I found out that it has nothing to do with rifles - it's an abbreviation these guys use that means "People's Republic of Kalifornia". That's another thing - these guys use a lot of abbreviations - you have to get used to them.

Anyway, welcome. I got your back - us n00bs gotta stick together.

hahaha...thanks. For a minute there earlier..I felt like I was never going to show my embarrassed face in this forum again. :( It felt like grade school all over again. haha just kidding.
Thanks for your support. Glad to know that there are people out there with some understanding.

Technical Ted
07-26-2007, 3:17 PM
Looks like it's trolling season on Calguns again.:(

savageevo
07-26-2007, 6:02 PM
give the guy a break, everybody starts off as a newbe sometimes. it will be in no time before he starts building his own ak:D

mason1800
07-26-2007, 6:33 PM
yeah dont worry about it, no one is born experienced. just investigate before questioning. makes things easier. I too was wondering what the little trap door on the stock was. Since my kit didnt come with any other pieces other than the essential parts.

boogak
07-26-2007, 6:50 PM
the trap door houses the cleaning kit. which might be the tube thing dude was asking about

VAHEVAHE
07-26-2007, 9:06 PM
hey bro don't worry about it , if we all knew about every gun then we wouldn't have a forum now would we, there are some jerks in these forums but 99.9 percent of the people are cool. This forum is kind of like jail, when your new you bend over alot, but once you get the hang of stuff we treat you like family and stitch you up. then when you are here long enough like me , you start making people bend over. lol im blabing

ok here are some good tips CLEAN YOUR AK-47 after every rang trip because the wolf is going to make your rifle smell like a wolf and deteriorate it. Buy CLP (clean , lubricate , and protect) its a gun oil . and first and final hold your ak-47 thight it kicks like a mule if your not holding it tight

HK_Fan
07-26-2007, 9:12 PM
AK's need to be lubricated???

M. Sage
07-26-2007, 9:13 PM
They sell AK47 gas at the hardware store. It's in a small bottle, usually stored somewhere near the headlight fluid.

Is that the aisle with the muffler grease, or is the muffler grease in the aisle with the gulp valves?

VAHEVAHE
07-26-2007, 9:18 PM
AK's need to be lubricated???

You dont NEED to do anything to any gun , the ak-47 will still fire if not lubricated, but it would be the same thing as using 87 gasoline in a ferrari dosnt make sense to buy a 500 doller gun and not want to spend 7 dollers on CLP which will last you many range trips

MilSpec.45
07-26-2007, 9:25 PM
Where can I get a diesel AK and how many rounds can I expect per tank? Also if I get one that is fully auto, does that mean I don't have to shift?

hoozaru
07-26-2007, 9:38 PM
But No one mentioned AK recoil buffer??? :eek: BUY IT!!!

And hope these pix will make it up for my light mocking earlier.

http://guns.wolfcrews.com/ak47/cleaning/cleandiagram.jpg

http://guns.wolfcrews.com/ak47/cleaning/aklube.jpg

Btw, the only people made me feel like bend over and take it, are iggy, ignorant/rookie LEOs and know-nothing CA DOJ.

M. Sage
07-26-2007, 9:58 PM
You dont NEED to do anything to any gun , the ak-47 will still fire if not lubricated, but it would be the same thing as using 87 gasoline in a ferrari dosnt make sense to buy a 500 doller gun and not want to spend 7 dollers on CLP which will last you many range trips

$500? That's a really nice AK (I hope)!

But No one mentioned AK recoil buffer??? BUY IT!!!

Really? I got one for my Romy build to see what they're like. I didn't waste my money?

bigthaiboy
07-26-2007, 10:37 PM
VAHEVAHE posted:This forum is kind of like jail, when your new you bend over alot, but once you get the hang of stuff we treat you like family and stitch you up. then when you are here long enough like me , you start making people bend over.

Oh god, I hope we don't end up as cell mates.....! :eek:

GI_JOE
07-27-2007, 8:14 AM
It's all in good fun. Welcome to the club. :seeya:

Ryan HBC
07-27-2007, 8:56 AM
I'm curious if we could have actually gotten him to pour gasoline into his rifle. I can see this being a joke for years to come.

Enjoy your new gun! You'll be an expert in no time.

By the way, how is the gun counter at Walmart treating you?