PDA

View Full Version : Scammers, Rip-offs, and Con Artists

River Jack
07-25-2007, 11:36 PM
How about a place to post something about the people who ripped you off?

PistolPete75
07-26-2007, 11:01 PM
one thing i noticed about the calguns community is that it is pretty full of honest guys.

River Jack
07-27-2007, 12:40 PM
I didn't specifically intend the forum idea to be about Calgunners; more about dishonesty/scam artists/bad service, etc. on other sites or stores. I agree, everyone I've dealt with here has been straight up, great people. Which is a good reason/service to warn fellow Calgunners about the people or businesses that have either ripped you off, lied to you, gave you bad service, etc. Basically: "watch your back" when dealing with...(fill in the blank).

I've recently been the victim of fraud. I purchased a shotgun off GunsAmerica that was advertised as including certain accessories. When the gun arrived, the accessories were not included. When I contacted the seller, he said the accessories were optional, and offered to sell them to me seperately. The add clearly stated them as being included in the package however, which I pointed out to him by sending him the add page and quoting the add. The seller stopped communicating with me altogether. When I reported him to GunsAmerica, they said they could do nothing.

Anyhow, if there was a forum to post such bad business practises like this, I would post something about his seller (who sells a lot of firearms on all the popular auction sites) being dishonest with my deal.

onikuma
08-06-2007, 4:26 PM
comfort. i hate deceptive sellers like that.

mike100
08-06-2007, 5:43 PM
Some sites have policies about posting grievances. Unless the person is a posting member who does business here, maybe it isn't wise to call out a business when we can't hear both sides of the story (not that I don't believe you).

River Jack
08-06-2007, 7:21 PM
Some sites have policies about posting grievances. Unless the person is a posting member who does business here, maybe it isn't wise to call out a business when we can't hear both sides of the story (not that I don't believe you).

For that very reason, I haven't said a single word about who that seller was or anything of the sort. However, if I wanted to (whether the other party was a member or not) I wouldn't see any problem with posting the link to the sale item, perhaps e-mails exchanged, and the FACTS about what occurred with my transaction. This would serve as fair warning to others (Calgunners in this case) that one may want to be careful when purchasing items from said individual.

The trouble that one could encounter with such posts would more likely be when someone posts inappropriate comments, reverts to name-calling, etc. Many forum websites have sections about the tradings, dealings, etc. that have gone wrong. Some even have blacklists.

Whatever the case, my suggestion is merely that (a suggestion, an idea, just something I'm throwing out there) and it doesn't seem to be a very popular one at that. I like the the photo forum idea better, as do many others anyhow.

1064chubbs
08-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Well I have been ripped off before. Never buy anything from one Joseph Nicoletti aka Joseph "Music" Nicoletti, he is a total scam artist and a very very bad guy. I'm not the only one he has gotten theres at least a dozen both on the gun auction sites and in the music industry.