PDA

View Full Version : Range experience at Shooters Paradise in Oxnard?

defcon
11-14-2012, 1:06 PM
i havent been there but ive read negative stuff about their gun store. some mixed reviews on the actual gun range being ok or some employees that have attitude.

id like to go there to test fire my .22 conversions since its only 30 minutes from thousand oaks and it has cheap range fees as opposed to driving out to angeles or oak tree. also i like how they close at 9pm on weekdays

wanted to know your range experience shooting your rimfires there.

RedMonkey
11-14-2012, 1:10 PM
i havent been there but ive read negative stuff about their gun store. some mixed reviews on the actual gun range being ok or some employees that have attitude.

id like to go there to test fire my .22 conversions since its only 30 minutes from thousand oaks and it has cheap range fees as opposed to driving out to angeles or oak tree. also i like how they close at 9pm on weekdays

wanted to know your range experience shooting your rimfires there.

Been there a few times. Nice staff. The range is pretty rundown, but does what it's supposed to. Never tried to shoot rimfire there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

defcon
11-14-2012, 1:13 PM
range being rundown is fine. id be more concerned about tolerating attitudes which can ruin the fun

Dakine_surf
11-14-2012, 2:06 PM
Ive been a few time... staff was ok, the guy didn't want to rent me 2 individual lanes, which i found odd, he did in the end but gave me and a buddy the stink eye... range is a little worn out but not a big deal.

They might not love your conversions... but then again it is worth trying.

defcon
11-14-2012, 2:08 PM
can you walk in no gun case but with the action open and no mag inside?

ive been able to stroll in with my gun cart at IVE, oak tree and angeles so far.

CSACANNONEER
11-14-2012, 2:15 PM
I went in there once and decided not to go back unless I really had to. I've only stopped at Islandview once but, I would rather drive a little farther and go there.

CSACANNONEER
11-14-2012, 2:17 PM
If you're not busy this Saturday, shoot me a PM. You can come up to my place and shoot for free IF you bring a 22-50 or two.

Simply115
11-14-2012, 2:38 PM
Yeah, Shooters Paradise. Not that great of a range, rundown. But at least it's cheap and out of the way. I have a had no issues with the staff, so I'm neutral about that.

Sent from the Realms Of The Haunting :73:

rimfired
11-14-2012, 5:19 PM
I've had a few memberships there, I go through periods where I tire of indoor shooting. I've never had an issue with the staff, they're good people and I've bs'd with them on occasion. You can use any shotgun, rifle or rimfire ammo you bring. For pistol ammo you either have to bring Winclean ammo or buy theirs. Their reloads are fairly cheap, but the downside is you don't get to practice with your HD pistol ammo. The range is rundown as others say but I like the privacy of the lanes; each lane has a divider wall. Only rules are sweep your brass, don't rapid fire and don't be a douche. The only other indoor range near me is Island View, but their prices are ridiculous so Shooter's Paradise is my go-to range.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Shooter's Paradise has a policy where last shooters are an hour before closing. So if they close at 9, get your lane by 8.

far from tactical
11-14-2012, 5:26 PM
I actually shot there on Monday its ok its no ive just walked in there with my firearms and there were like wanna lane and I was.like yeah then they signed me and I shot my 22's it was just 12.00 cuz I was not a member if had the chance I would go again

rimfired
11-14-2012, 5:33 PM
can you walk in no gun case but with the action open and no mag inside?

ive been able to stroll in with my gun cart at IVE, oak tree and angeles so far.

I've seen people shoulder carry their firearms in their without problems, I haven't seen anything posted that you can't. But it wouldn't hurt to give the staff a heads up beforehand.

vintagearms
11-14-2012, 5:39 PM
Staff seems uninterested and the sales staff is completely useless/unattentive. Range is just OK. If you shoot anything other than rimfire they want it to be Winclean or shoot their overpriced reloads.
Although Islandview is more expensive, I much prefer them over Shooters.

rimfired
11-14-2012, 5:59 PM
If you shoot anything other than rimfire they want it to be Winclean or shoot their overpriced reloads.

Wrong, you can shoot ANY rifle, rimfire or shotgun ammo you want if the ammo is for a firearm you bring. Only restriction is on pistol ammo, or on their rentals.

far from tactical
11-16-2012, 12:17 AM
Wrong, you can shoot ANY rifle, rimfire or shotgun ammo you want if the ammo is for a firearm you bring. Only restriction is on pistol ammo, or on their rentals.

+1 that's all true

Dakine_surf
11-16-2012, 1:58 PM
+1 that's all true

Yep, but their reloads suck... or I should say their .45 reloads suck. They barely ever cycle my 1911's.

far from tactical
11-16-2012, 9:14 PM
Yep, but their reloads suck... or I should say their .45 reloads suck. They barely ever cycle my 1911's.

That's why I only shot 22LR at shooters but when I do shoot my g19 I just buy a bag of there junk reloads and sneak in a box or two of mine . I think your able to take in blazer brass there cuz it has a none mercuric primer (got that off the box )