PDA

View Full Version : Surefire EB1

ddnguyen9
11-13-2012, 9:31 PM
So who's excited for the new Surefire EB1??? I sure am. I have a E1B and absolutely love it. She's been apart of my EDC for many years. has been completely faithful to me through thick and thin. I have dropped the E1B so many times and I accidentally ran it over with my truck once and still works!!! But I am really digging the new EB1!!! The EB1 has been upgraded to high setting to 200 lumens (up from 110 lumens). Low setting stays the same (5 lumens). I am also excited about the two options:

Click-type switch with tailcap shroud — Partially press tailcap pushbutton for momentary-on high output; press further to click constant-on high. Return to off and press or click again within two seconds for low output.

Tactical switch (no shroud) — Partially press tailcap pushbutton for momentary-on low output; press further for momentary-on high output. Release to turn light off. Twist tailcap clockwise for constant-on low then high output.

I am leaning towards the click-type.... What about you guys/gals?

Link to Surefire:
http://www.surefire.com/illumination/flashlights/eb1-backup-flashlight.html

Link to video:
http://youtu.be/MN8Q-APYbQk?hd=1

bsg
11-13-2012, 11:35 PM
i have an E1B. it's a great little flashlight.

i hope the EB1 has the same cliip that's on my E1B. i've been meaning to read what the folks on CPF have to say about the EB1.

G-Solutions
11-14-2012, 10:58 AM
I have the tactical switch on my LX2... would not want to go any other way. Under stress your fine motor skills go out of the window on afterburner. With a tactical switch you hammer the button home and have all the light you need.

In day-to-day routines the partial depress for small stuff (reading notes, looking at a map etc) works really well.

ddnguyen9
11-14-2012, 12:01 PM
I have the tactical switch on my LX2... would not want to go any other way. Under stress your fine motor skills go out of the window on afterburner. With a tactical switch you hammer the button home and have all the light you need.

In day-to-day routines the partial depress for small stuff (reading notes, looking at a map etc) works really well.

I wish the tactical switch had the stroud on it. I don't want to keep accidentally turning on the light while it's in my pocket. The E1B had this issue... At least for me.

ddnguyen9 // Sent from my iPhone via tapatalk

shoupdawg
11-14-2012, 6:16 PM
loved my e1b! till i was riding my scooter on the freeway and it fell out my cargo pocket...wasn't clipped in...just in the pocket and I was riding with my legs up "barcalounger" style and well gravity took over

:facepalm::kest::banghead:

bsg
11-14-2012, 7:07 PM
loved my e1b! till i was riding my scooter on the freeway and it fell out my cargo pocket...wasn't clipped in...just in the pocket and I was riding with my legs up "barcalounger" style and well gravity took over

that's truly sad.

ddnguyen9
11-14-2012, 8:19 PM

Amazing....

I am sure some CalTrans worker got a free surefire light. It probably still worked too!