PDA

View Full Version : "THE GUN RANGE" SACRAMENTO SHOOTING LEAGUES

10xhobby
11-12-2012, 8:25 PM
Hey all, The Gun Range, a new indoor shooting range in Sacramento is getting a shooting league together. We are looking for thoughts and ideas on what type of course of fire and type of hand guns to be used ? We would like to put together 12, five person teams, so please let me hear your ideas about the suggestions below :

COURSE OF FIRE ?
ROUND COUNT, CENTER FIRE ONLY ?
TYPES OF TARGETS ?
TYPES OF SCORING POINTS AND TIMED ?
COMPENSATED GUNS ?
RACE GUNS ?
CARRY WEAPONS ?
MULTIPLE OR MOVING TARGETS ?
PPC ?
IDPA ?
BULLSEYE ?
??????????????????????????????????

Please let me know your ideas, and thanks so much for your help

DRAB_81
11-13-2012, 7:25 AM
I've been hoping for a local monthly KSTG Match.

spetsnaz
11-13-2012, 12:31 PM
what kind of days are you guys looking at?

phrogg111
11-13-2012, 12:34 PM
I might be game for this. PM incoming.

Can'thavenuthingood
11-13-2012, 3:16 PM
I can make up some snazzy shirts for the team.

Need artwork.
Catchy name
Cool gun oriented design.

Like a bowling shirt only deadlier:D

Vick

10xhobby
11-13-2012, 8:15 PM
what's kstg

10xhobby
11-13-2012, 8:16 PM
what kind of days are you guys looking at?

we were thinking about mon tue wed nights

10xhobby
11-13-2012, 8:18 PM
I can make up some snazzy shirts for the team.

Need artwork.
Catchy name
Cool gun oriented design.

Like a bowling shirt only deadlier:D

Vick
you know what, that's not a bad idea. I will look into that,

Keep the ideas coming

10xhobby
11-13-2012, 8:18 PM
I might be game for this. PM incoming.

we will be using any center fire pistols

10xhobby
11-13-2012, 8:43 PM
please let me hear your ideas about the suggestions below :

COURSE OF FIRE ?
TYPES OF TARGETS ?
COMPENSATED GUNS ?
RACE GUNS ?
CARRY WEAPONS ?
PPC ?
IDPA ?
BULLSEYE ?

Can'thavenuthingood
11-13-2012, 11:47 PM
I really cannot speak to the competition type shooting, all mine has been Marine Corps training type.

However, I'd think you'd want to open the league up to as many folks as possible. That would kinda dictate keeping it fairly simple, the first season anyway, any caliber handgun.
Maybe just straight bullseye and vary the targets week to week.

Level the playing field for the newbies, get them to come out.
Go for most points as the entire team shoots just one gun, the same gun for all strings. This ought to point more to an individuals ability and technique rather than $$$ invested in a firearm.

Whatever you decide, a shooting league sounds like a hoot, though no beer frames:)

Vick

ERC12
11-14-2012, 6:17 PM
is this The Gun Room in Elk Grove

spetsnaz
11-14-2012, 6:19 PM
is this The Gun Room in Elk Grove

No not the same place.

http://thegunrange.biz/
3479 Orange Grove Ave.
North Highlands, CA 95660

Lazyme
11-14-2012, 8:31 PM
please let me hear your ideas about the suggestions below :

COURSE OF FIRE ?
TYPES OF TARGETS ?
COMPENSATED GUNS ?
RACE GUNS ?
CARRY WEAPONS ?
PPC ?
IDPA ?
BULLSEYE ?

What are our restrictions being this is an indoor range? Could we do moving targets or IDPA type shoots?

I looked up KSTG on the YouTube and it looks like we might be able to do something like that, I will be using my valuable time at work to watch more later...

I like Vick's idea about an open leage until we get a good idea for what people are willing to show up for. Not everybody has a race gun so using one gun for the entire nights or weeks events would be nice, we could use the range guns. Not sure about how using a personal gun would work liability wise. What if someone gets hurt or the gun has issues and needs to be repaired?

It looks like we have some volunteers in the area who would like to lend a hand in some C3 events, planning and behind the scenes type stuff. I have no idea what goes into the planning of these events but I'm sure there is something we can do to help 10xhobby get this moving.

akoba
11-14-2012, 8:35 PM
^^^ Noobs

I'd think you'd want to open the league up to as many folks as possible. That would kinda dictate keeping it fairly simple,
Level the playing field for the newbies, get them to come out.Vick

This ^ .

ElDub1950
11-14-2012, 8:37 PM
It sounds like fun. Don't much care for the idea of everyone using the same gun. Anyone familiar with that particular model has a big advantage I'd think.

I'd rather see basically a 'Production Class' similar to IDPA or USPSA categories. After all, anyone with a race gun surely owns a nearly stock gun.

stephen6868
01-20-2013, 2:07 PM
I'd really be interested in joining a family or junior league (I'm thinking centerfire rifle, maybe pistol?). My three kids would love to shoot as a sport (they all have their own BB guns that we practice with), but I cannot find anything nearby that we can get involved with.

I've done bowling pin leagues in other states, but even a standard target shoot league for the kids would be great.

Ryououki
01-24-2013, 10:48 AM
I would be interested in joining. I'm still a newbie though.

I don't know what some of those things are that you are requesting suggestions on.

I do enjoy shooting and learning new things though. So if you have room for some new to the sport people, please let me know.

RRC
01-24-2013, 1:35 PM
Why don't you guys have three to four different teams...beginners intermediate and advanced shooters.
have caliber classification i.e. 9mm/.40 cal....45/1911 and rifle classifications in each.
If this is the gun range in elk grove the restrictions are pretty heavy, no double or triple taps no rapid fire no shooting from holsters.
Something to think about.

knerona
01-24-2013, 1:49 PM
There's "the gun room", and there's "the gun range". Two different shooting ranges.

The gun room
9221 Survey Rd Elk Grove, CA 95624

The gun range
3479 Orange Grove Ave North Highlands, CA 95660

Loopwell
01-24-2013, 9:07 PM
There's "the gun room", and there's "the gun range". Two different shooting ranges.

The gun room
9221 Survey Rd Elk Grove, CA 95624

The gun range
3479 Orange Grove Ave North Highlands, CA 95660

They are talking about the Gun Range in North Highlands

Ryououki
01-25-2013, 7:59 AM
There are pretty much no restrictions at The Gun Range. They allow rapid fire and any caliber up to .50 BMG.

It's a really nice range. Easily, a hundred times better than The Gun Room in Elk Grove.

wuluf
01-25-2013, 11:49 AM
any chance we could shooting bowling pin? always wanted to try that...
whatever you set up, I'm interested!

knerona
01-25-2013, 11:52 AM
They are talking about the Gun Range in North Highlands

I know.

Was just pointing out in case there was confusion, that they're two different ranges.

BonnieB
01-25-2013, 4:53 PM
There are pretty much no restrictions at The Gun Range. They allow rapid fire and any caliber up to .50 BMG.

It's a really nice range. Easily, a hundred times better than The Gun Room in Elk Grove.

The Gun Range is a great place to shoot, it's clean, well run and safe.

Sorry, but it's flatly not true that the gun range has slack restrictions. The Gun Range has rules and they enforce them.

Here's a link to the rules page: http://thegunrange.biz/the-gun-range-shooting-rules/

The purpose of having rules is for safety's sake. Not to make our lives miserable. I'm glad to feel safe at the Gun Range. It's the only indoor range I'll use.

I wish they'd require an empty chamber flag on unattended guns and certainly during the occasional cease fire, in fact.

Ryououki
01-25-2013, 6:07 PM
When I said no restrictions, I was talking about restrictions such as no rapid fire, no rifles, no large caliber, etc...

Obviously the range is going to have safety rules.

The Gun Range is a great place to shoot, it's clean, well run and safe.

Sorry, but it's flatly not true that the gun range has slack restrictions. The Gun Range has rules and they enforce them.

Here's a link to the rules page: http://thegunrange.biz/the-gun-range-shooting-rules/

The purpose of having rules is for safety's sake. Not to make our lives miserable. I'm glad to feel safe at the Gun Range. It's the only indoor range I'll use.

I wish they'd require an empty chamber flag on unattended guns and certainly during the occasional cease fire, in fact.

Mrcowboy65
01-28-2013, 9:40 PM
Hey all, The Gun Range, a new indoor shooting range in Sacramento is getting a shooting league together. We are looking for thoughts and ideas on what type of course of fire and type of hand guns to be used ? We would like to put together 12, five person teams, so please let me hear your ideas about the suggestions below :

COURSE OF FIRE ?
TYPES OF TARGETS ?
COMPENSATED GUNS ?
RACE GUNS ?
CARRY WEAPONS ?
PPC ?
IDPA ?
BULLSEYE ?

Please let me know your ideas, and thanks so much for your help

sounds awesome, got a 5 person team ready to go!

we have a steel range setup on some private land and we setup different shooting games to compete against each other. Seems like it might be a little limited with an indoor range on what we could do. On our outside range we do some practice running to stations, loading weapons, fast transitioning between targets, partially loaded clips so reloads are required. We usually just score on targets hit (not bullseye) and by time. Usually multiple turns using .22s then on the last turn use our weapon of choice.

Depending on what the range allows there is tons of options for competions. I would suggest standard build firearms, with centerfire and rimfire for designated games. Maybe transitions with using both. Having multiple magazines with limited ammo to force reloads also adds a nice difficulty increase. At this time using .22s may be a good alternative since ammo prices are so crazy now, plus they are fun for everyone.

walterwhite
02-04-2013, 3:30 AM
One incentive to get new league members, the range sell ammo at attractive discount pricing for the league only. Same would go for weapons too.

EvlMdnghtBmr
02-07-2013, 5:14 PM
I'm a newbie to shooting, but I'd be interested. I know a couple of other folks I might be able to get involved too.

Stirlee
02-26-2013, 2:39 PM
cheap AND beginner friendly. Cheap is most important.

Gutter
02-26-2013, 5:03 PM
So is this ever going to get off the ground or has it already?

10xhobby
02-26-2013, 5:49 PM
No word yet, it seems we are on hold :(

Carsgunsandchics
02-26-2013, 7:45 PM
Might be good to offer it in rimfire also to keep people involved as they are a little more affordable when it comes to feeding them. If people can't feed their guns they won't show up to play.

762ch
02-26-2013, 8:45 PM
The Gun range on watt is a great place, MUCH better then the gun room in elk grove. All the employees behind the counter are great, place is clean and well ventilated. The only problem I ever has is when idiots shoot the target hangers...

GlockIPSEC
03-05-2013, 11:55 AM
May i suggest...
Pistol league, Limited stock, pistols from .38-.45 caliber, close to stock configuration, limit to 10 rounds +1.