PDA

View Full Version : Tapco Trigger group

tom_92673
07-24-2007, 7:45 PM
Hey guys, I went to replace my trigger group on my Romy G with a tapco g2 double hook when I realized my neighbor who is on vacation has my dremmel, and the receiver is setup for a single hook. So I left the original trigger but replaced the sear with the tapco. There was a ton of play in the old sear because it wasn't as wide as the slot in the original trigger without the full auto sear. My question is this. the hole in the tapco sear is a wider diameter for the sleeve that comes with the g2. Will that cause me any problems shooting? The old trigger wouldn't catch or would wobble because of all the play and I was getting some accidental discharges.

thanks,
Tom

Blue
07-24-2007, 8:08 PM
Just wait for your neighbor to come home, notch the receiver and use the trigger to gain the US part and have all the parts jive like they're supposed to. Or if you're near San Jose come use my Dremel.

tom_92673
07-24-2007, 8:29 PM
Thanks, but i'm down in Southern Cal. I got the trigger at a gun show a couple weeks ago, and only put it in because I'm taking some clients shooting tomorrow. Maybe I'll just stick to the AR and Pistols, although it would be nice to fire the AK. Maybe I'll bring it and test fire it and see if it works. I'll put two rounds in the mag and then I'm limiting the outcome.

I have the proper parts count by the way. I'm using US Furniture, receiver, muzzle break, sear, stock and Pistol grip.

IH8CALAWS
07-26-2007, 9:58 PM
i would spend $20 on a chead dremmel imitation and ger er done.

jumbopanda
07-26-2007, 10:16 PM
I wouldn't fire the gun with that disconnector wobbling around. Wait for the dremel or just use the original FCG for now.

tom_92673
07-26-2007, 11:29 PM
Actually I fired it at the range last night and it worked like a charm. Way softer with the new sear. I still intend to put in the rest of the parts, but it was way more sensitive and far more stable than the old fcg.