PDA

View Full Version : Cotoye hunting Tahoe nat'l forest

1911man
07-24-2007, 5:59 PM
I will be soon going to the Tahoe national forest near foresthill for a camping trip. I've talked to the ranger by telephone their and they told me it would be aright to hunt there. My question to anyone with advice, would it be ok if I were to carry a sidearm shorter than 4" as protection since will I was hunting alone,as long as I carry it open in a holster and not concealed. Second question, can anyone give me some areas to try calling, and do you think I could take my AR to hunt with because my bull barrel gets pretty heavy.

Thanks,

Hunter
07-24-2007, 8:05 PM
I will be soon going to the Tahoe national forest near foresthill for a camping trip. I've talked to the ranger by telephone their and they told me it would be aright to hunt there. My question to anyone with advice, would it be ok if I were to carry a sidearm shorter than 4" as protection since will I was hunting alone,as long as I carry it open in a holster and not concealed. Second question, can anyone give me some areas to try calling, and do you think I could take my AR to hunt with because my bull barrel gets pretty heavy.

Thanks,

It is ok to carry it loaded and it doesn't have to be in the "open" while hunting or at your campsite.