PDA

View Full Version : AR 15/22 CMMG feed issues, please help

fxjets
11-08-2012, 7:27 PM
I have a 80 percent lower and a DPMS .556 upper. I installed the CMMG .22 cal conversion kit. I can't get it to feed consistent. Using federal ammo, every fourth round wouldn't fire. Decent strike on the rim. Using the AR 22 tactical ammo, from Turners, the first round fires, then the second jams sideways in the breach. I know this sounds like two different issues, which it could be. I was using the same magazine both times. Can the buffer I have installed be the issue? It looks like it needs to be installed for the kit to work. Please help.

itisagoodname
11-08-2012, 9:08 PM
Get some mini mags and polish the feed ramp

Make sure youre not using a notched hammer either.

Go to http://www.taccom3g.com/ and check out their 22 insert pressure plug.

bloodhawke83
11-08-2012, 9:10 PM
Only cci works perfectly for me. You get stainless bolt? I got the black matte and its a pain.

Using pressure plug and black dog mags. Standard mil spec hammer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

NorCalDustin
11-08-2012, 9:56 PM
Get some mini mags and polish the feed ramp

Make sure youre not using a notched hammer either.

Go to http://www.taccom3g.com/ and check out their 22 insert pressure plug.

Yeah... Make sure you have a smooth hammer, you could try the pressure plug...

do you have a stainless bolt? Do you have a special/match trigger?

What magazine are you using out of curiosity?

bohoki
11-08-2012, 10:08 PM
buy a brick of 22 blazers from big 5
then report back

fxjets
11-12-2012, 8:36 AM
I was using a Black Dog 10 round mag at the range last time. I have a Chiappa, and Black dog other capacity mags as well. Ill try them and install the Taccom reliability kit to see if it helps.

Ill report back.

rngunner
11-12-2012, 12:29 PM
I bought a dedicated CMMG .22lr here in England last month with S/S bolt and new SKIN 25 rd mags.
Only had time to shoot CCI Mini Mags(100 rds) and only had 1 ftf and 1 fte. needs more shooting but this is good for a new gun out of box.I also only cleaned the barrel through.

fxjets
12-13-2012, 12:49 PM
The Pressure plug should be here Fri. Ill report after the weekend.

shadow65
12-14-2012, 3:31 AM
The pressure plug will keep the action from moving which absorbs hammer strike energy.
You may need to use TACCOM's firing pin.
It's slightly longer, has a smaller "hit" which gives more energy to the strike, and is hardened steel.
Dave N