PDA

View Full Version : HK 94 clones legal in California?

dotchoy
07-23-2007, 2:33 PM
Do the same off list lower rules apply to these? Just pinn a 10 round mag and it's good to go? Any other info would be great. Thanks

theseacow
07-23-2007, 2:38 PM
yes they are legal. there is also a bullet button that exists for these.

Hkfanatic
07-23-2007, 3:29 PM
as stated above you can get them, bobcat and vector make the best. or you can go the factory route like me and get a H&K USC .45

the thumbhole stock is covered with plexiglass, and apart from the photo catching me with my finger on the trigger at that excact moment, awesome weapon, hitting targets at 125 accurately.
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g141/nodder_2006/imga0113km3.jpg

dotchoy
07-23-2007, 7:13 PM
as stated above you can get them, bobcat and vector make the best. or you can go the factory route like me and get a H&K USC .45

the thumbhole stock is covered with plexiglass, and apart from the photo catching me with my finger on the trigger at that excact moment, awesome weapon, hitting targets at 125 accurately.
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g141/nodder_2006/imga0113km3.jpg

Hey I was there that day. That is a sweet weapon. You let my buddy put ten down the pipe. I was going to shoot it but Lucky was teaching me some 1919 stuff. But I got to have the old school. HK94.:D PS Do you know if Cohaire is the same as Bobcat? Thanks

Josh3239
07-23-2007, 8:33 PM

You are a very very lucky man :cool:

theseacow
07-23-2007, 9:09 PM
Hey I was there that day. That is a sweet weapon. You let my buddy put ten down the pipe. I was going to shoot it but Lucky was teaching me some 1919 stuff. But I got to have the old school. HK94.:D PS Do you know if Cohaire is the same as Bobcat? Thanks

Coharie (tod and his wife) have picked up where bobcat left off (because the bobcat(bw-5) is no longer being made), so yes. The newest generation coharie is the best hk94 clone available (metal fire control box), and actually slightly surpasses the last bobcat because the coharie is the newest generation of tods hk94 clones. the current gen. ca-94 is the best hk94 clone right now.

(now there is some minor tweaking you may want to do, such as change out the hammer spring from the CA rifle spring to a true 9mm spring but that is another subject)

dotchoy
07-23-2007, 9:52 PM
Coharie (tod and his wife) have picked up where bobcat left off (because the bobcat(bw-5) is no longer being made), so yes. The newest generation coharie is the best hk94 clone available (metal fire control box), and actually slightly surpasses the last bobcat because the coharie is the newest generation of tods hk94 clones. the current gen. ca-94 is the best hk94 clone right now.

(now there is some minor tweaking you may want to do, such as change out the hammer spring from the CA rifle spring to a true 9mm spring but that is another subject)

Awesome thanks!!!

GI_JOE
07-23-2007, 10:41 PM
Here's an older thread that may be useful to you:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=53037

Hkfanatic
07-24-2007, 6:14 AM
you shouldn't have any major problems with a cohaire, the three companys

bobcat,cohaire,vector all use the same receiver it's just who puts them together. i personally prefer the bobcat mp5 over the cohaire. but the vector in my opinion is the best but the 9mm version was on a small run and are kinda hard to find.

or you can get a 10mm or 40.s&w mp5 style vector.

after my PSG-1 is done thats next on my list the 10mm gun is AWESOME!! and it has a feature few H&K's have a last round bolt hold open

goodluck

-HK