PDA

View Full Version : AR15 Accessories - Lasers, Scopes, and Flashlights

arplatform
07-23-2007, 1:57 AM
Good Morning Calguns,
I want to introduce myself to you since I'm new to this sight. My name is Paul and I have a small web based business that sells Tactical scopes, flashlights, mounts and lasers. http://www.medinatradingpost.com I am located in San Antonio, Texas and only sell AR15 related Accessories. Currently you will not find the high dollar AR15 accessories on this sight. The products I sell are mostly replica scopes (Aimpoint, ACOG 1x & 4X, Doctors, Eotech), Replica mounts and custom build items for my store. I have started this do to the fact I wanted to go shooting without having to give up my first born when purchasing accessories. Everything I currenlty sell, I have used / tested/ and beat up at my range. I do this to ensure that what I sell will not come back to me do to any manufacturers defects. I have choosen products from companies that I trust and can depend on. Which in turn you can depend on. Please feel free to review my site and comment on what you would like to see on this site. I stand behind the products I sell and will exchange or refund money on any product that has a manufacturers defect. I also give a three day inspection period on all of the products.

Todays Special:
2-6 x32mm Illuminated red/green Rangefinder Scope Reg $98.00 Sale $90.00
http://medinatradingpost.com/oscommerce/images/tas32mm.jpghttp://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z23/arplatform/Mounts003.jpg

apbrian112
07-24-2007, 3:02 PM
looks interesting! i'll probably be picking some stuff up in the near future... good luck!
-brian-

aplinker
07-24-2007, 11:46 PM
Interesting for the budget shooter.

You need bigger pictures of your products. I can barely tell what I'm looking

Jicko
07-25-2007, 12:13 AM
I believed we, calguns.net, DO NOT ENCOURAGE, illegal activities.

I believed that selling counterfeited, copyrighted, IP-right-violated and trademark-violated products are illegal activities.

Many products on this site are in violation. For example:
http://medinatradingpost.com/oscommerce/product_info.php?cPath=3&products_id=58

"ACOG" is a registered trademark of Trijicon. This product is in clear violation of Trijicon's registered trademark, doesn't matter whether the product itself have other copyrights violation or not.

arplatform
07-25-2007, 5:59 AM
I believed we, calguns.net, DO NOT ENCOURAGE, illegal activities.

I believed that selling counterfeited, copyrighted, IP-right-violated and trademark-violated products are illegal activities.

Many products on this site are in violation. For example:
http://medinatradingpost.com/oscommerce/product_info.php?cPath=3&products_id=58

"ACOG" is a registered trademark of Trijicon. This product is in clear violation of Trijicon's registered trademark, doesn't matter whether the product itself have other copyrights violation or not.

I agree with not encouraging illegal activities but in reference to the comment about ACOG you are completely incorrect
Trijicon is the registered trademark not ACOG - ACOG stands for Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight and can be used for any advanced gunsight. Remember Kleenix this is the registered trademark for facial tissue but is used most of the time when describing facial tissue. I will contact my distributor in california and see what they say about your comment.

xenophobe
07-25-2007, 6:41 AM
I was disappointed that your "Indian Jewelry" section was empty. lol

Jicko
07-25-2007, 11:23 AM
I agree with not encouraging illegal activities but in reference to the comment about ACOG you are completely incorrect
Trijicon is the registered trademark not ACOG - ACOG stands for Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight and can be used for any advanced gunsight. Remember Kleenix this is the registered trademark for facial tissue but is used most of the time when describing facial tissue. I will contact my distributor in california and see what they say about your comment.

ACOG does stand for ADVANCED COMBAT OPTICAL GUNSIGHTS, while I believed that Trijicon comes out with that name "ACOG" and they did register it. http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/parts_new.cfm?categoryID=3

RE: Kleenix - if any one calls their product Brand B "Klennix", they are involation of trademarks. Eventho, for you and I, using "Klennix" interchangably with "Facial Tissue".

aplinker
07-25-2007, 4:10 PM
ACOG does stand for ADVANCED COMBAT OPTICAL GUNSIGHTS, while I believed that Trijicon comes out with that name "ACOG" and they did register it. http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/parts_new.cfm?categoryID=3

RE: Kleenix - if any one calls their product Brand B "Klennix", they are involation of trademarks. Eventho, for you and I, using "Klennix" interchangably with "Facial Tissue".

Actually, trademarks are an interesting thing. The fact that we use the word KleenEX in general in reference to them might seem like a good thing, it is in fact a dilution of their rights of a trademark. You're not allowed to trademark the name of a thing, only the name for describing the thing. Adjective instead of noun. They're diluting their own trademark position by referring to them as ACOGs. For Kleenex, that is why they always refer to it as, "Kleenex brand facial tissue."

Trademarks do not need to be registered to be valid. They do, however, need to claim them. That's what the little TM is. The circled R next to the ACOG on the front page of their website tells you it's a registered trademark. His calling the scope he sells an ACOG is a violation of trademark law. He could call it an advanced combat optical gunsight.

Making a scope in the same shape or style isn't an issue, unless you're violating patents or they've tradmarked a shape. Making a scope that SAYS Aimpoint, EOTech or ACOG -- i.e., contains branding marks or names that are the same, that would be a blatant violation.

I didn't see anything that looked like they were "fakes," (like corporate logos or brand names), but that gets to my first point... the pictures are bad.

EricCartmann
07-25-2007, 4:26 PM
lights, IR illuminators, IR lasers, and visiable lasers they are all our friends :D

http://images25.fotki.com/v908/photos/9/932051/4850997/lights-vi.jpg

apbrian112
07-26-2007, 1:04 PM
please let me know when you get the "advanced combat optical gunsite" in the 4x in stock. interested in picking this up.
-brian-

arplatform
07-27-2007, 3:55 AM
please let me know when you get the "advanced combat optical gunsite" in the 4x in stock. interested in picking this up.
-brian-

Hi Brian,
I actually have two different types of 4x, one with iron sights and one without. I only five (backordered) of the iron sight ones shipping Monday. the problem with all the 4x is I can not order enough to keep any kind of stock. They are usally all gone the first gun show I go to. Great optics, the 4x are not illuminated but the 1x is. I can special order one of the 4x without the iron sight and get it in within 10 days if you want. The 4x with iron sights take 6 to 8 weeks on each order. sad but true - comes direct from the manufacturer.
Let me know what you want and I try to keep you informed.
sales@medinatradingpost.com
Paul

Roo
08-01-2007, 9:25 PM
Anyone get one of these and tested them out?

RECCE556
09-24-2007, 11:28 AM
I see these at the gun shows and at the range on SKS's all the time. They're junk on a good day.

arplatform
09-27-2007, 3:52 AM
I see these at the gun shows and at the range on SKS's all the time. They're junk on a good day.

So you don't actually have one or even used one, your just making an off the wall comment, and SKS that a high quality product :eek:
FYI - there are currently three manufacturers of the 1x32mm and 4x32mm. One is universal they are ONLY made for airsoft, these are the ones most dealer sell. Both the other two manufacturers produce weapon grade scopes. Currently there are only two manufacturers of the 4x40mm, waiting for delivery for field testing.

Applehaus21st
09-28-2007, 1:42 AM
What happened to the website link? Just tried to access but no luck.

RECCE556
09-28-2007, 5:56 AM
So you don't actually have one or even used one, your just making an off the wall comment
I don't need to actually own one to know it's junk. Just like I don't own a Blackthorne product and I know it's junk. I have used them at the range (on someone else's rifle) and you can feel the lack of quality. Glass wasn't good either but I guess if you're looking to spend as little as possible on optics, this is what you should expect.

arplatform
09-30-2007, 4:13 AM
What happened to the website link? Just tried to access but no luck.

Link should be fine - Server may of been down for maintenance or you have cookies turned off. Just tried it . www.medinatradingpost.com

edittman1
10-01-2007, 11:03 PM
So how do we know if you get the weapons grade version?

What is your return policy?

arplatform
10-02-2007, 3:07 AM
So how do we know if you get the weapons grade version?

What is your return policy?

I do not use distribitors, I purchase directly from the Manufacturers, which requires larger orders. All Items I purchased are for actual weapon use. I actually have had manufacturers, tell me not to order certain items because they were not developed for firearm use. They do this because they understand that if I have issues, they lose business. China has many manufacturers that are looking for supply lines into the US. I also have a 35 yard tactical Range and 100 yard Range on my property that I use to test the majority of the items purchased. Almost all items I sell I actually use. As I locate better items, I will clear stock on the outdated ones. I have been doing this for two plus years and have gotten to a point where the product is great quality. When I first started, I actually had to throw items out that were junk and take the lose. Currenty I also measure quality by the amount of returns. I use this to determine if the product return was based on a fluke or failure in manufacturing. Continued amounts of manufacturing failures will cause me to drop a product.

All UTG tactical product I sell (I do not sell UTG Sport), are completely warrented by Leapers for 6 months to 2 yeards depending on the product line. All items I bring in I warrenty for manufacturers defects. Items I sell like lasers and flashlight seem to fail at the remote switch. Which I do rebuild, depending on the lenght of time in use, sometimes there is a small charge for the parts. To date, out of my current inventory, I have had two returns in the past 6 months, both were manufactured related and replaced. One other return was based on the fact it didn't work as expected and money was returned.