PDA

View Full Version : free? target stand

troutbum54
11-04-2012, 7:17 AM
I was just out looking at a bunch of political signs in the neighborhood and it got me thinking. Those ones with the metal legs and corrugated board would make for an easy target stand to take out to the woods. They might not last too long but I bet they would last a day or so esp. with a .22.
So besides voting on Tuesday, on Wed. help clean up and grab some signs to use. I don't think anyone will mind.

shadow65
11-04-2012, 7:42 AM
You would best arrested here if caught

LCU1670
11-04-2012, 7:47 AM
Now thats recycling!!:cool:

drdarrin@sbcglobal.net
11-04-2012, 7:54 AM
Ah, you might want to rethink that. Somebody paid for those signs and unless you have permission to take them after the election, that is stealing.

As far as the stands being good as target holders, yes, you might be on to something.

Get permission first.

RileyBean
11-04-2012, 7:54 AM
You can buy very similar blanks at Lowes, etc... (but I agree, after the election there will probably be a lot of free ones to be had).

troutbum54
11-04-2012, 8:08 AM
I wouldn't go get them off somebody's lawn without asking, but the ones on the side of a road on public property I would. Most candidates are happy to see their signs removed in a timely manner after an election. Also you could go down to local Rep/Dem headquarters and get them for free.

NorCalDustin
11-04-2012, 8:12 AM
Ask for them after the election is over... I know of at least one local range that candidates will often donate extra signs to so that they can be cut up and used as backings for paper targets.