PDA

View Full Version : Calico m100 22lr burst firing

Kyles
11-04-2012, 7:41 AM
Can anyone tell me why I'm getting 2-3 round burst on my calico m100?
I've had this gun for 25 years, and it used to shoot flawlessly. Then my firing pin broke, so I replaced the following bolt parts: Firing Pin, Spring, Stop pin, Bolt handle Pin, Extractor, Extractor Spring and Recoil buffer (the new recoil buffer is much softer than the original). The only part I didn't change is the recoil spring, but it seems fine.
When shooting the rifle will randomly fire 2-3 and sometimes 4 round burst at lightening fast speed, then misfeed or jam. It is quite scary. I keep the gun extremely clean and lightly oil the bolt.
I'm using CCI 40 grain mini-mag solid points. Also use the CCI blazer 40 grain solids.

AR22
11-04-2012, 6:12 PM
You really should remove these posts. You do not know who may be here lurking. Then find a competant Gunsmith and do not shoot this anymore till fixed. The really scary part will be when the wrong person sees this happening. It is wrong to do so, but they will come after you for such malfunctions.

Kyles
11-05-2012, 4:52 AM
Not to worry, I'm not shooting this gun again until It's fixed... It's not even cool when it happens, just scary. But I'm trying to get some helpful answers here, besides taking it to a gunsmith. Thanks. This gun is very simple, so I'm sure if someone points me to the right fix, I could handle it...
Could a weak recoil spring cause this?

edgerly779
11-05-2012, 5:07 AM
Usually in the fire control group. sear/disconnector trigger hammer.trigger return spring weak.

uxo2
11-05-2012, 5:29 AM
I would clean the firing pin hole..

Could be crud.

Also measure the old fireing pin and compare to the replacement..

redcliff
11-05-2012, 5:33 AM
Of the parts you listed that you changed it would seem that the firing pin and spring would bear at least examining for peening or too light of a spring, and the recoil buffer for correct length as insufficient bolt travel could cause a failure to fully cock the hammer and allow hammer follow.

Or it could be wear in the fire control group as edgerly779 mentioned.

Kyles
11-05-2012, 6:46 AM
I would clean the firing pin hole..

Could be crud.

Also measure the old fireing pin and compare to the replacement..

I completely disassembled and cleaned the firing pin and spring...

Kyles
11-05-2012, 6:47 AM
Usually in the fire control group. sear/disconnector trigger hammer.trigger return spring weak.

Thanks, I will look into this...

Kyles
11-10-2012, 6:52 AM
thanks Edgerly779,
I took apart the control group and the disconnect seemed worn with rough edges. I ordered a new disconnect, disconnect spring, sear, trigger spring, and hammer....I think that should cover all the bases.