PDA

View Full Version : Legality of Removing Magazine with Magazine Lock

56Chevy
07-20-2007, 9:40 PM
I think I know the answer to my question, but I've never heard it said explicitly. If I have a magazine lock is it legal for me to remove the magazine with a tool to change to a new magazine? Thanks.

Jicko
07-20-2007, 9:44 PM
I think I know the answer to my question, but I've never heard it said explicitly. If I have a magazine lock is it legal for me to remove the magazine with a tool to change to a new magazine? Thanks.

:XENO:

Or read the tips thread (head janitor: can I have a emotion icon??)

Chevy: the answer is... depending on which magazine lock you are TALKING about...
> BB: yes
> P50 or set-screw-mag-lock or just a nut: NO

"I think I know the answer to my question" <- i don't think you do...

56Chevy
07-20-2007, 9:48 PM
:XENO:

Or read the tips thread (head janitor: can I have a emotion icon??)

Chevy: the answer is... depending on which magazine lock you are TALKING about...
> BB: yes
> P50 or set-screw-mag-lock or just a nut: NO

"I think I know the answer to my question" <- i don't think you do...
Thanks for answering my question Jicko. You're right, I didn't know the answer. I'm glad I learned that I didn't know.:D

SemiAutoSam
07-20-2007, 9:57 PM
The key to this answer is the tool and if the lock stays in the receiver or not.

With the Bullet Button or my PIN-LOCK the lock stays with the receiver and always requires a tool to remove the magazine.

I hope this makes me more understandable.

Thanks for answering my question Jicko. You're right, I didn't know the answer. I'm glad I learned that I didn't know.:D

56Chevy
07-20-2007, 10:02 PM
The key to this answer is the tool and if the lock stays in the receiver or not.

With the Bullet Button or my PIN-LOCK the lock stays with the receiver and always requires a tool to remove the magazine.

I hope this makes me more understandable.
Yes, that helps to clear things up. Thanks.