Do you guys ever get these?

What brands are out there, let us know and we will get a price on them

dotchoy
07-22-2007, 8:18 AM
Vector MP5 Style With fake suppressor in .40 cal. Thanks

1919_4_ME
07-22-2007, 9:26 AM
Dotchoy,
I've been on Vectors list for the .40 for over 2 years and they still havent got them done.Reason why is they were waiting on the new receivers to come in from SW.Something happened along the lines with I think SW stopped making those recievers or started selling them through Coharie arms?Its all confusing but the .40 is hard to get.Also I heard to stay away for there 10MM and .357 version's for reliablity sake.I dunno if they ever got those bugs worked out but alot of customers were having issues with them.The .40 is a good way to go however SW is making something cooler right now.:D

MP5 in .45cal they even have a .22cal version coming out, Doh!
http://www.hk-54.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=993

Maybe DD's can get a deal going on these???

aplinker
07-22-2007, 11:54 AM
What about the Bobcat 9mm's?

1919_4_ME
07-22-2007, 1:32 PM
Had a Bobcat and it ran flawlessly.Anything that Bobcat makes is good to go.:D

dotchoy
07-22-2007, 7:31 PM
What brands are out there, let us know and we will get a price on them

Sounds like the vector is out how about the bobcat?

dotchoy
07-22-2007, 7:36 PM
Dotchoy,
I've been on Vectors list for the .40 for over 2 years and they still havent got them done.Reason why is they were waiting on the new receivers to come in from SW.Something happened along the lines with I think SW stopped making those recievers or started selling them through Coharie arms?Its all confusing but the .40 is hard to get.Also I heard to stay away for there 10MM and .357 version's for reliablity sake.I dunno if they ever got those bugs worked out but alot of customers were having issues with them.The .40 is a good way to go however SW is making something cooler right now.:D

MP5 in .45cal they even have a .22cal version coming out, Doh!
http://www.hk-54.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=993

Maybe DD's can get a deal going on these???

A MP5 in .45 would be excellent. DD let's go with 1919's idea and get something started.:D

6172crew
07-23-2007, 4:47 PM
The Bobcats parts are made by and welded by Cohaire/SW, the flaky stuff going on is just about 1 guy and if your looking to buy one right now Id say you have to go to the one and only guy who makes the parts for them...Cohaire/SW.

Bobcats are great but they dont make the parts or weld them together, I think bobcat will go away one day because the supplier/welder isnt playing ball any longer.

shonc99
07-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Spend some time on HKPRO.com and you can get most of the details.

Vector makes decent guns all around but HK9X''s aren't their specialty. Bobcat was a separate entiry from SW, but was supplied by them and competed with them. (Still don't understand the logic in suppling a competitor) Bobcat, now Red Rock Arms due to trademark issues is pretty much out of the MP5 business. Andy (the owner) has a 5.56 FAL rifle design that looks to be a good sucess.

SW, Cohaire, (and about 10 other 'corporations') are ALLLLLL owned by the infamous T.B. It is all just a shell game.

Surveyor
07-27-2007, 9:39 PM
I'm very interested in an MP5 or HK53 clone.

Archenemy550
07-28-2007, 5:16 PM
I am also very interested in an MP5 Clone.... either .40Cal or .45 Cal

DDs Ranch
07-31-2007, 7:52 AM
having trouble finding access to these

Liberty Rules
08-17-2007, 9:10 AM
Sounds like the vector is out how about the bobcat?

I do not recommend a Bobcat. I had a BW5 (their mp5 clone) and it failed to eject every third or fourth round, resulting in a jam with the spent shell and the next live round. That condition existed from the first mag out of the box and was very annoying to say the least. They replaced the extractor spring and fiddled with the ejector lever but it did not fix the problem.

Now comes the fun part. Bobcat's owner decided that they will not service any rifle in CA unless they ship it back to an FFL dealer. That's right, you cannot receive warranty service unless you re-DROS your rifle through an FFL or have it sent back to the original FFL who handled your transfer. They've been educated about the difference between a legal CA build and a prohibited one, but they don't care. They say that they don't want to do any business with Californians, legal or not.

If you really, really want one and can't find anything but a Bobcat, you should seek assurances that it works or you should be prepared to send it to a gunsmith for service on your dime. If I had to do it again, I would not have purchased one of their rifles. I would have purchased a Vector.

YMMV

p.s. Bobcat changed its name to Red Rock. They do not sell direct and they no longer make the BW5 so what's out there is all there is.

dotchoy
08-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I'm going with a Coharie newest generation.:D Sure wish monster man would come out with a grip for hk.

marklbucla
08-18-2007, 4:56 PM
I've got a Coharie. Range report here: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=269455&highlight=coharie

aplinker
08-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Just to update what I've learned.

Coharie is the same as Special Weapons... a company owned by a guy who's had some interesting life as a gun mfgr, to say the least.

Bobcat no longer has any association with said person.

Currently, Bobcats (or the rifles formerly known as...) are not available.

Special weapons are available, but they don't ship to CA (could probably end-round it). They're aslo a big ? on reliability and standing by their products.

Vector is about 6 months away from 9mm -- if ever.

Sad times for MP5's.

Hopefully this will change soon!