PDA

View Full Version : Selling 700P Package. Good Price? Pic included!

wildcard
07-19-2007, 10:39 PM
Thinking about selling my 700P setup. Gets .75 MOA easily with a bipod and sock.. it could probably even tighten up a bit more if I used something sturdier. Used for a mixture of about 500 Federal Gold Medal Match rounds and reloads using the same bullets matching the velocity.. 100 of which were dedicated to the barrel break in. The result is VERY little copper fouling. What do you think would be a good price for the following? I'm thinking.. $1300?

Remington 700P w/ Green Web Stock
Trigger Adjusted to Break Cleanly at 2.75 lbs (will confirm)
10X Super Sniper
IOR Heavy Duty Tactical Rings
IOR Mil Std Picatinny Rail
Butler Creek Lens Caps
Blackhawk Cheek Pad with Pouch and Webbing
Seekonk 65 in/lb Torque Wrench

There's no scratches nor nicks! I'll of course include my empirical data sheet so you'll have a very good baseline to shoot 168 grain federal Gold Medal Match loads from 100 - 1000 yds.

And here's a pic of the rig:
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/wildcardjc/Pic009.jpg

norbs007
07-19-2007, 10:54 PM
PM sent.

big jon
07-19-2007, 11:08 PM
DON`T DO IT :confused::eek::(

fireblast713
07-19-2007, 11:10 PM
.75 MOA at what range? 100yds?

aplinker
07-19-2007, 11:14 PM

ONE MILLION YARDS
http://www.masterpiecepumpkins.com/Graphics/DrEvil%20_orig.JPG

Are you seriously going to sell? If this goes up I might have to take it.

krazek
07-19-2007, 11:50 PM
1300 bucks is a pretty dang good deal.... too bad i'm a poor college student :o

big jon
07-19-2007, 11:59 PM
I`ve had Wildcard up here shooting with me not only dose his 700 shoot great but he takes XXgood care of it too, Whoever get`s it will be totaly happy with it......:D

PistolPete75
07-20-2007, 12:08 AM
definitely a good buy!

whatdyisit
07-20-2007, 12:26 AM

MOA(Minute of Angle) is a measure of angle. It doesn't matter what range...

http://riflestocks.tripod.com/moa.html

Nice rifle that would be a good buy (for me :D) at $1300.

proraptor
07-20-2007, 7:15 AM
My question is why are you selling it? Are you getting a new precision rifle?

wildcard
07-20-2007, 7:30 AM
Well the reason why it's not in the For Sale Forum right now is because I wouldn't have anything to take deer (2 tags) and bear (1 tag) with this season (not beyond 200 yds w/ my 44 mag wheelgun at least). You'll see it there if I either tag out.. or if the season ends. Rest assured that the only thing that gets scratched and bumped on these trips is me!

Big Jon and PistolPete: Keep those kind words coming when it's actually for sale!

.75 MOA translates .75" at 100 yds.. 1.50" at 200 yds.. 2.25" at 300 yds.. etc. Personally.. your groupings at 500 yds will be more of a function dependent on your ability to range and read the wind (always changing). At 400 yds, you start seeing significant difference in the point of impact due to elevation and temperature (stays constant/ changes gradually).

wildcard
07-20-2007, 7:40 AM
My question is why are you selling it? Are you getting a new precision rifle?

Well you've seen me hit stuff at all ranges at Angeles so it's not because it sucks :) Just funding for glass (primarily) and other accessories for my 6.5 Grendel build. The barrel alone was like $500! Normally i'd just suck it up and add to my collection.. but I just bought a new place and have to buy all kinds of stuff so my fun fund just isn't what it used to be. You'd be surprised how fast money is spent on trips to Target and Bed Bath Beyond! I'll probably pick up another bolt action when my funds free up a bit.

proraptor
07-20-2007, 7:42 AM
You are right....Ive seen this gun in action and its pretty dang accurate....Not to mention its in perfect shape....

Im just sad to see you sell your one and only precision rifle :(

Prc329
07-20-2007, 7:46 AM
Don't do, reconsider, read some literature on the subject (sorry, listening to Players Anthem)

Mute
07-20-2007, 8:08 AM
If I were in the market for a 700P that would be a package I'd consider buying, especially at that price.

Jicko
07-20-2007, 8:34 AM
Nice rifle, ok deal.... but not the best...

I'd just say, you may not get the money you want from it..... just DON'T SELL IT, it is a nice nice setup!!

Including the case or not? A used pelican case should worth $100-$150.

I've just bought one from another member, similar stuff, but just $800
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=61583

- Remington 700PSS
- an earlier version of Leupold Mk4 3-9x40 PR scope (this would be a similar priced scope vs your SS 10x)
- Leupold rings/bases (your IOR rings/bases would worth a little more)
- Harris Bipod
- Mike's Sling (i believed)

:D

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u305/wayoutwest2/IMG_2975.jpg

wildcard
07-20-2007, 8:58 AM
Nice rifle, ok deal.... but not the best...

I'd just say, you may not get the money you want from it..... just DON'T SELL IT, it is a nice nice setup!!

Including the case or not? A used pelican case should worth $100-$150.

I've just bought one from another member, similar stuff, but just $800
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=61583

- Remington 700PSS
- an earlier version of Leupold Mk4 3-9x40 PR scope (this would be a similar priced scope vs your SS 10x)
- Leupold rings/bases (your IOR rings/bases would worth a little more)
- Harris Bipod
- Mike's Sling (i believed)

:D

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u305/wayoutwest2/IMG_2975.jpg

I think you just got an EXCEPTIONALLY good deal :D

Jicko
07-20-2007, 9:36 AM
I think you just got an EXCEPTIONALLY good deal :D

Bottomline... DON'T SELL IT....

Mr. Joshua
07-20-2007, 9:40 AM
Bottomline... DON'T SELL IT....

Jicko that was actually my old rifle I sold to Wayoutwest. I got the scope/rifle for a steal, so I couldn't sell it for more than what I paid without a guilty conscience.

You got a deal and a half on that thing. :)

proraptor
07-20-2007, 11:09 AM
that rifle for 800 is a pretty good deal but it doesn't have the secret wildcard mods...my savage is so much better after getting those done

wildcard
07-20-2007, 12:51 PM
Which secret mod? My super secret sock full of rice butt rest? I'll throw it into the package! Actually.. I won't.. it's with me whenever I shoot rifles. I may change the sock.. but I recycle the rice! Don't know if it's because i'm Chinese or sentimental :p

proraptor
07-20-2007, 2:38 PM
The secret mods I wasnt supposed to let anyone know about.....I love my wildcard savage....It shoots so well

ColdSteel
07-20-2007, 8:49 PM
Ok people.. Dont buy this rifle.. Its a pos and doesnt shoot worth a damn. I've even seen it stovepipe once. :D
Seriously, Don't sell it man.. You'll be sorry..
Find money some other way.. The Grendel will come soon.

RJHammy
07-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Can I make my debut on this post?

Just call me…. Wildcard’s sidekick (aka girlfriend). :D And before y’all go yak… let me just say this boy loves his guns. He can say he loves me all he damn wants… but the day I knew he really meant it was when he said he’d sell his guns for me. Hahahaha.

He can sell the gun… but the rice sock is off the table because I made it for him.
;)

RJHammy
07-20-2007, 10:26 PM
And no... in case you're wondering... he's not selling the gun for me. He's selling it to buy an optic for the new rifle he's building.

Jicko
07-20-2007, 10:32 PM
Wildcard: just keep the gun.... EVERYONE needs a bolt action(and the holy grail is a Rem700).... just like everyone needs a pump shotgun.... :D

Just sell "Rice Sock"s, have your RJH make more..... and put a calguns logo on them..... i bet you can make some money for that optic you want...

You can even do a Iggy special edition.... put his face on the socks... so we can all SQUEEZE it when we shoot our precision CA-legal-ARs... lol!! :D

jdberger
07-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Wildcard: just keep the gun.... EVERYONE needs a bolt action(and the holy grail is a Rem700).... just like everyone needs a pump shotgun.... :D

Just sell "Rice Sock"s, have your RJH make more..... and put a calguns logo on them..... i bet you can make some money for that optic you want...

You can even do a Iggy special edition.... put his face on the socks... so we can all SQUEEZE it when we shoot our precision CA-legal-ARs... lol!! :D

Oh Wow! That there is just friggin GENIUS!!!

I'm sure that the guy who donated the monochrome IGGY image for the shirts wouldn't mind a it being placed on a rice sock.

Wouldn't it be a hoot for Igster to stroll by the CWS table next show and see his likeness on T's and Socks?

We're all going to JAAIIIIIIILLLLLLLL!:43:

Scouter
07-20-2007, 11:47 PM
just like everyone needs a pump shotgun.... :D

I don't knw about everyone needing a bolt action, but everyone does need a pump shotgun, but only if it has a sidewinder kit :P

krazek
07-21-2007, 12:54 AM
I don't knw about everyone needing a bolt action, but everyone does need a pump shotgun, but only if it has a sidewinder kit :P

I'm gonna have to agree with Jicko. Everyone needs a bolt..

five.five-six
11-10-2007, 11:08 PM
And no... in case you're wondering... he's not selling the gun for me. He's selling it to buy an optic for the new rifle he's building.

I am calling troll, no chick refers to a scope as an "optic"

rksimple
11-11-2007, 7:23 AM
I am calling troll, no chick refers to a scope as an "optic"

Nah, I've met her. She's knows whats up.

The big question is, Jason, what optic? It better be dang good to have to sell a rifle to afford. Be careful on the SH IOR's. There's 6 of them now that have come apart. They are all breaking the same way. The SFP models are just fine, however.

I hope that grendel shoots as well as a bolt gun for you. My Mk12 clone is harder for me to shoot accurately than my bolt gun. Semi's are less forgiving when it comes to technique. But that will just make you that much better of a shooter. I can't wait to see it.

ar15barrels
11-11-2007, 8:06 AM
I know this thread is old, but you need to keep the 700 and then just buy DJDace's Grendel upper. :D