PDA

View Full Version : AR308 Build - What Else Is Missing ... Let's See ...

Scouter
07-19-2007, 11:10 PM
Well here's what I am ordering:

Magpul PRS for AR10/SR25
POF III 308 Stripped Lower
Lower parts kit w/ RRA 2-STG National Match Trigger
Prince50 Kit

Does that sound about right?

Just have to figure out the optics now ... maybe supersiper to start with then something down the road...

ar15barrels
07-19-2007, 11:11 PM
Lower parts kit w/ RRA 2-STG National Match Trigger

I have these in-stock for $150. ;)

Scouter
07-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Oh nice, didn't know you had a 308 lower parts kit! awesome!

ar15barrels
07-19-2007, 11:30 PM
Oh nice, didn't know you had a 308 lower parts kit! awesome!

The only thing different are the pivot pin and takedown pin and the POF will come with a special pivot pin because it's a non-standard size.
A bushing has to be made to make it work with the DPMS upper if you don't want to open up the holes in the receiver to take a regular DPMS pivot pin.

Hector @ CWS has already asked me to make these bushings that he will include with the POF 308 receivers.

69Mach1
07-19-2007, 11:32 PM
Don't forget your AR top end, and the DPMS magazine.

Scouter
07-19-2007, 11:39 PM
The only thing different are the pivot pin and takedown pin and the POF will come with a special pivot pin because it's a non-standard size.
A bushing has to be made to make it work with the DPMS upper if you don't want to open up the holes in the receiver to take a regular DPMS pivot pin.

Hector @ CWS has already asked me to make these bushings that he will include with the POF 308 receivers.

Does the fulton need this special bushing as well? If not I'll just order a Fulton instead.

BossHogg
07-19-2007, 11:59 PM
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/jjdday/POF.jpg

My Lower is getting sooooooo lonely:( I cant seem to buy a POF upper if my life depended on it.

ar15barrels
07-20-2007, 12:09 AM
Does the fulton need this special bushing as well? If not I'll just order a Fulton instead.

The Fulton is 100% DPMS compatable.
It's quite literally a DPMS receiver with Fulton's name on the side instead of DPMS's name.

I personally like the POF better.
It's made nicer and has the cool ambidexterous bolt release.
It does need the bushing pressed into the DPMS upper, but that's not anything to be concerned about.
Thousands of Colt owners have done this for many many years.
The POF has that cool triggerguard.

Scouter
07-20-2007, 12:39 AM
Don't forget ...the DPMS magazine.

FORGED 7075 T6 AIRCRAFT ALUMINUM ALLOY BILLET LOWER RECEIVER
BUILT IN TRIGGER GUARD
AMBI-BOLT RELEASE
TAKES STD AR LOWER PARTS
DPMS MAGAZINES 10/20 RD
PAINTED SYMBOLS

That's from CWS, so does it come with magazine or not?
And it will be fine without the special bushing? ...

BossHogg
07-20-2007, 12:53 AM
No mags included. Only receiver, pivot pin and the ejection side bolt release. Ohh and I think they throw in a bullet button for Cali people.

Yes you will need a sleeve for the takedown pin to work on DPMS upper receivers..... POF upper receivers will not of course

Scouter
07-20-2007, 1:38 AM
POF upper receivers will not of course

And those will be available .... what ....

2010?

lol

Seems like never TBH. They need to hurry up.