PDA

View Full Version : M&P 15 Cal legal

HURLEYGO3
07-19-2007, 8:42 PM
I saw a cal legal S&W M&P 15 for sale at Evan's. They want $2200 for it. I have found other M&P 15's for around $1400 online, but they are not a closed lower. Does anyone know any where in SoCal that sells them?
Thanks

1064chubbs
07-19-2007, 8:46 PM
Ade's gunshop had two or three of them on the rack. dont remember the price but no more than $1500.

bwiese
07-19-2007, 8:52 PM
Evan's Gunsmithing?

BWAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

<<ROFLMAO>>

1064chubbs
07-19-2007, 8:59 PM
Evan's Gunsmithing?

<<ROFLMAO>>

oh yeah now I remember Evan's Gunsmithing. Anaheim, right? yup went once and never again all their stuff is way overpriced and they are all a bunch of a**holes. when I went they wanted about $2000 for a .44magnum Deagle. they are a joke.

PIRATE14
07-19-2007, 9:05 PM
He had one or two at the Del Mar show.......

All S&W can be had in CALI..........:chris:

Shane916
07-19-2007, 9:07 PM
Evan's Gunsmithing?

<<ROFLMAO>>

I was thinking the same thing. Mr I can sell Colt and Bushmaster to the public cuz im special. :D

moulton
07-19-2007, 9:11 PM
arnt the S&W lower receivers from Stag Arms but with a different logo :confused:

HURLEYGO3
07-19-2007, 9:12 PM
I was just at Ade's this week picking up a gun and he did not have any there. I will give him a call tomorrow and see what he can do.
Thanks
As for the closed lower AR's. Would you spend the extra $$$ for the M&P15 over the Bushmaster?

bwiese
07-19-2007, 9:18 PM
As for the closed lower AR's. Would you spend the extra $$$ for the M&P15 over the Bushmaster?

You sound new to the world of California-variant ARs.

Frankly, I would not get near a welded-up Evan's/GBSales Bushmaster. They may be of questionable legality since they are listed as banned by make/model, and DOJ/Iggy are/were/still are doing a bunch of handwaving about Iggy's approval of these Certainly his welded-up Colts may have issues; a letter from DOJ's Iggy does not overturn law.

There is NO requirement to have a welded-up magwell and there are a variety of ways to have an 'off-list' AR type rifle legal in California - either use a fixed 10rd magazine, or (better yet) use a MonsterMan grip or U15 stock.

Tweak338
07-19-2007, 9:18 PM
was the magwell welded shut on the M&P15?

PIRATE14
07-19-2007, 9:24 PM
was the magwell welded shut on the M&P15?

Yes...it was.......

But we sold 6 S&W at the Del Mar show that weren't;)

Steyr_223
07-19-2007, 9:24 PM
I was DROSing a 308 Saiga today and saw they had the M&P AR. It was fixed mag, collapsible stock and PG..$1350, IIRC..

S

HURLEYGO3
07-19-2007, 9:26 PM
I am new to the OLL. I want and need a AR:43:But to tell the truth I want and AR for the looks just as much as function. I like the look of the M&P but if I can build a AR with a fixed mag and it is just as legal I will go down that road. I need to see and touch things before I buy them. Where in SoCal can I go and touch AR parts? I have been to Ammo Bros but I did not see anything that I liked

aplinker
07-19-2007, 9:44 PM
I am new to the OLL. I want and need a AR:43:But to tell the truth I want and AR for the looks just as much as function. I like the look of the M&P but if I can build a AR with a fixed mag and it is just as legal I will go down that road. I need to see and touch things before I buy them. Where in SoCal can I go and touch AR parts? I have been to Ammo Bros but I did not see anything that I liked

Let me start by saying that once you buy any OLL and configure it correctly (either a bullet button to lock a 10rd mag or going "featureless" with no collapsible stock, pistol grip or flash hider, etc...) you can make it look any way you want. We're more than happy to give you ideas. Don't limit yourself to the M&P until you've seen a few more possibilities.

If you're new to the world of OLL, then you need to browse through this for picture ideas:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=26726

After that, start here:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=56818

bwiese
07-19-2007, 9:45 PM

Most folks build their own ARs, but why don't you get in touch here with the Pirate at Cold War Shooters and he can hook you up with an FFL local to you that might have inventory?

More and more folks build their own AR-type rifles, esp in California due to the configuration issues being "not off the shelf".

A few years ago I built up an AR in bed while watching Jay Leno: my cat is my witness, as she was at the foot of the bed.

tenpercentfirearms
07-20-2007, 7:16 AM
A few years ago I built up an AR in bed while watching Jay Leno: my cat is my witness, as she was at the foot of the bed.

My Mark I Mod O gaydar is going off the charts when I feed it that input.

Prc329
07-20-2007, 7:24 AM
http://www.coldwarshooters.net/index.php?cPath=11&sort=20a&main_page=index&filter_id=29&zenid=b49e09a91de5332ef592f41584c135b6

Stay away from Evan's. FAARRRRRRRRR away. CWS will make it cali-legal and ship to your ffl.

HURLEYGO3
07-20-2007, 7:41 AM
coldwarshooters has the same gun Evans has for $800 less:eek:
I think I am going to buy a lower and build from there. So I may have some ?
Thanks for the info.

Prc329
07-20-2007, 7:42 AM
where do you live?

HURLEYGO3
07-20-2007, 7:45 AM
i am in orange county

Prc329
07-20-2007, 7:50 AM
Either Abe's in Orange or Ammo Bros in Cerritos can help you out. You can also buy from guys like DDS Ranch and CWS and they can ship to those FFLs since they are on file with those companies.

I picked up a complete lower from CWS and transfered threw Ammo bros for a NM Upper I own. Great company to deal with or buy a Calguns lower from 10%. I do not believe he will ship other lowers.

I have a Grizzly sitting in my safe waiting for me to build it up right now.

tenpercentfirearms
08-08-2007, 7:21 PM
Great company to deal with or buy a Calguns lower from 10%. I do not believe he will ship other lowers.

I will ship any lower or rifle you want, you might just find it cheaper elsewhere is all. I wish I could offer rock bottom prices on lowers and complete rifles, but I can't. There are too many dealers out there without overhead who don't mind working for nothing. I think my other parts are competitive, especially with the service you get.

The reason I am resurecting this thread is I have some complete S&W rifles and I am trying to figure how much to charge for them.

PIRATE14
08-08-2007, 8:25 PM
I will ship any lower you want, you might just find it cheaper elsewhere is all.

The reason I am resurecting this thread is I have some complete S&W rifles and I am trying to figure how much to charge for them.

My advice is charge 2000 bucks..........this will work good for me.....:chris:

Rumor control is that S&W will be making their all their M&P 15 rifles in house now............might make these CMT guns a semi-collector.......

bwiese
08-08-2007, 8:28 PM
Rumor control is that S&W will be making their all their M&P 15 rifles in house now............might make these CMT guns a semi-collector.......

Wow. The S&W M&P15s are already top-notch guns - even if they have subassemblies made outside, the fit & finish seems to be Grade I.

I can only imagine how heavenly perfect they'll be when S&W goes for it, if their current in-house guns, autos and wheelguns, are any indication.

PIRATE14
08-08-2007, 8:31 PM
Wow. The S&W M&P15s are already top-notch guns - even if they have subassemblies made outside, the fit & finish seems to be Grade I.

I can only imagine how heavenly perfect they'll be when S&W goes for it, if their current in-house guns, autos and wheelguns, are any indication.

I asked the same question......right now they've got TROY rails....Troy Sights....SHAW and Walther Barrels......guess we'll see.......;)

tenpercentfirearms
08-08-2007, 8:38 PM
Here is what I heard on my trip across America, but I won't name any names.

In New Britain, CT I was told that Stag lost the M&P deal because of horrible quality control. I was told that S&W will only sell their existing stock of M&P rifles to the civilian market and had ceased all LEO sales of their current rifles. I was told that all new S&W M&P rifles would be made in house. Again, I will not divulge my source! ;)

In Colona, IL I mentioned what I heard in New Britain and I was told that actually LMT will be making the parts for the new S&W guns. Again, no names are going to be mentioned.

So who knows what is really happening except that STAG/CMT is done with the S&W contract once it expires.

PIRATE14
08-08-2007, 9:53 PM
Here is what I heard on my trip across America, but I won't name any names.

In New Britain, CT I was told that Stag lost the M&P deal because of horrible quality control. I was told that S&W will only sell their existing stock of M&P rifles to the civilian market and had ceased all LEO sales of their current rifles. I was told that all new S&W M&P rifles would be made in house. Again, I will not divulge my source! ;)

In Colona, IL I mentioned what I heard in New Britain and I was told that actually LMT will be making the parts for the new S&W guns. Again, no names are going to be mentioned.

So who knows what is really happening except that STAG/CMT is done with the S&W contract once it expires.

I don't buy the quality control angle......there is big S&W $$ floating around to try and pick up any contracts on AR rifles....LMT, maybe, so now we'll get purple S&W rifles but the barrels will be 4150ish and 1/7 twist.......sweet.;) Now S&W trying to get their rifles closer to COLT specs to better compete in the LE arena.....much better angle....

xenophobe
08-08-2007, 10:24 PM
I asked the same question......right now they've got TROY rails....Troy Sights....SHAW and Walther Barrels......guess we'll see.......;)

They're also using LMT BCGs now too. ;)

OldWestGambler
08-10-2007, 5:56 PM
Ade's gunshop had two or three of them on the rack. dont remember the price but no more than $1500.

Ade is a good guy and charges a fair price. A+ service:)