View Full Version : 9mm AR
07-19-2007, 5:17 PM
So I am thinkin about building a 9mm AR. I am curious what you all think is the cats meow for this setup? Doesnt seem DPMS (My personal fav company) makes 9mm stuff. I know RRA makes nice stuff, but it seems pricy to me. Is the Olympic stuff any good quality? Thoughts?
07-19-2007, 5:59 PM
Of course I like my setup.
• RRA 16" midlength A4 9mm upper
• VM Hy-Tech mag adapter. Allows me to use my unmodified UZI mags from my UZI.
• CA Reg AW Eagle Arms lower with MIAD/CTR, RRA 9mm hammer & recoil buffer.
• Sold my M2 Aimpoint without thinking (was from one of my .223 upper, didn't think about keeping it for 9mm upper), now I want another Aimpoint or EoTech.
• Norrell's Moly Resin in Flat Tan (FDE)
Before pic (BM lower & RRA mag adapter):
07-19-2007, 6:11 PM
Just know that the RRA 9mm rifles are pretty much 100% clones of the original colt sub-guns. The only noticable difference is colt uses A1 style upper receivers while RRA uses A2s or A3s. I have a RRA A2 and love it. It allows me to shoot an AR at a price that beats shooting an AK.
07-19-2007, 8:46 PM
Your going to want to go with Garrison Manufacturing for your upper. Awesome guy to deal with, has great prices, and makes one of the best upper assemblies around.
07-19-2007, 8:54 PM
I'm building an OLY arms/DPMS tubber rifle, I decided to get the oly because I have more sten mags than uzi mags.
Its alot easier to find parts for the RRA tho, oly parts can be a bit harder to find.
vBulletin® v3.8.9, Copyright ©2000-2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.