PDA

View Full Version : NSFW -Not Safe For Work forum.... You know you want it...

xenophobe
07-19-2007, 2:17 PM
Brilliant idea, eh? ;)

wildcard
07-19-2007, 2:27 PM
What use is the forum if all the threads get deleted? :p

Tweak338
07-19-2007, 2:27 PM
Are IDF girls included?

xenophobe
07-19-2007, 2:54 PM
What use is the forum if all the threads get deleted? :p

Hello... McFly.... is there anyone home? :p

That's the point of the forum, so the threads WON'T get deleted. You do understand that, don't you? :P

Wulf
07-19-2007, 3:02 PM
Yeah, but what if half the traffic fromthe other forums gets posted in NSWF. Maybe it would be better if you could just have a button you could click if your post is NSWF, then each person could, in their control pannel, choose to filter the NSFW.

xenophobe
07-19-2007, 3:13 PM
Yeah, but what if half the traffic fromthe other forums gets posted in NSWF. Maybe it would be better if you could just have a button you could click if your post is NSWF, then each person could, in their control pannel, choose to filter the NSFW.

Start programming!

wildcard
07-19-2007, 3:35 PM
Hello... McFly.... is there anyone home? :p

That's the point of the forum, so the threads WON'T get deleted. You do understand that, don't you? :P

Will posters also be immune from being banned then? :p

xenophobe
07-19-2007, 8:22 PM
Banned for what?

Posting stuff not safe for work?

Umm... the forum would be for posting stuff that might not be safe for work. Does that answer your question? :p

donger
07-19-2007, 8:26 PM
Won't ever happen here.

mcubed4130
07-19-2007, 9:37 PM
Don't want it to happen here... I want no excuses for an IT department to have any somewhat legit reason - to ban this site and block all traffic.

-M3

Fjold
07-19-2007, 9:43 PM
There are more NSFW sites on the net than anyone could count. Just go visit them if you want that.

PsychoTrucker
07-19-2007, 10:42 PM
mehhh, I torment the **** outta the other forums I go on with that.....hrmmmmm

redneckshootist
07-19-2007, 10:49 PM
I like the fact that there isnt a NSFW forum.

lawnrevenge
07-19-2007, 11:17 PM
NSFW=I can't look from work to any CALGUNS. Our IT guy would block it sooooo quick. MY boss is a gun owner so he lets me get stuff shipped to work etc. as long as I keep it low profile. If the forum starts getting NSFW stuff our IT guy (looks like the white cop from CHiPs) might get all upity and send out a memo. And you all know how bad memos can be.

I just hope that he reads all my posts and some day starts batting for our team.

Hi Bob!:seeya:

grammaton76
07-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Don't want it to happen here... I want no excuses for an IT department to have any somewhat legit reason - to ban this site and block all traffic.

Amen. The last thing we need is another forum on the internet overloaded with guys during the day who don't have jobs, because they're the only ones who can browse it. Web filters at companies are more specific than just "block everything which might offend". A lot of IT depts only set it to "block everything with sexual content". Add an NSFW forum, and ALL of Calguns is going to get marked as adult content. There's far too many forums out there just like that. Heck, Gunscal was bsically Calguns+NSFW, and you all saw how that turned out. I believe Ramon described it as, "a zoo with a forum attached".

As it stands presently, Calguns is a site which a news crew would actually have to work a bit to create a major smear story on. Add an NSFW forum, and there's no effort at all.

There is no advantage whatsoever in adding an NSFW forum here. Period. Any slight things which may look like advantages, have equivalent or greater drawbacks.

Kestryll
07-20-2007, 12:06 AM
I think we can put this one to bed, no pun intended, well, maybe a little pun intended.

The two biggest reasons not to ad a NSFW forum are the IT department issues mentioned by several people already and the desire not to project the image already assigned to firearm owners by the media and Bradys.

As much as some may think it is not true, one of the concerns here is to present a more realistic and positive impression of firearm owners. We are not the drunk, ignorant, womanizing cretins the media and the antis would like to portray us as and we need to put that face forward and be seen for what we really are.

No matter how 'private' you make it, it will be seen and given credence. There are plenty of sites for that out there, it's not worth the cost to have one here.