PDA

View Full Version : Magnum Range? Need a FFL in Rancho Cucamonga for OLL's

BlackReef
07-18-2007, 9:50 PM
I have heard that Magnum Range in the RC area does OLL transfers, and I may give them a call when I go to purchase my next OLL. Does anyone here have any recommendations other than MR? I just moved up here about a month ago and am still trying to figure out the area. Hell Im driving home to Oceanside tommorow to go to Iron Sights to shoot my new rifle =)

Thanks in advance
-Joe

82A1CAL
07-18-2007, 9:56 PM
sorry, misread your post.

BossHogg
07-19-2007, 12:54 AM
Iron sights is only 25 yards on their rifle side :shrug: Its really a pistol range. Cold War Shooters will do OLLs to their Highland office I believe.

BlackReef
07-19-2007, 1:06 AM
Iron sights is only 25 yards on their rifle side :shrug: Its really a pistol range. Cold War Shooters will do OLLs to their Highland office I believe.

Rifle is brand new. At this point, I just wanna shoot it.

Jicko
07-19-2007, 1:35 AM
Rifle is brand new. At this point, I just wanna shoot it.

What time are you hitting Ironsight tomorrow? (Maybe we can meet up)

You should try to go to their Fruit Shoot on SAT @ Burro Canyon.

Altho its called the "precision shooting club", this time round, the range is only 95yds..... so your 16" is fine... :D

BlackReef
07-19-2007, 1:45 AM
What time are you hitting Ironsight tomorrow? (Maybe we can meet up)

You should try to go to their Fruit Shoot on SAT @ Burro Canyon.

Altho its called the "precision shooting club", this time round, the range is only 95yds..... so your 16" is fine... :D

Depends on what time my check clears at the bank. :) I'll let you know tommorow

pklin1297
07-19-2007, 11:36 AM
Magnum Range is where I DROS'ed and Transferred my OLL, no worries there and Luis, the counter guy knows enough about the laws to not give you any hassle. Peter, the store owner on the other hand will probably ask you more questions about it but he will do it.

Bright Spot Pawn is pretty close to you also in Riverside, 15 freeway south to 60 freeway east and like the first exit I believe.
Great time to be moving up to Rancho Cucamonga, especially with the opening of the Bass Pro shop. I had a helluva time driving to work from Fontana this morning because of the Hot-air balloon rides and the line out the door at 7 AM this morning at Bass Pro.

Welcome to the IE! You are super close to Lytle Creek... No need to drive down to Oceanside to shoot your AR as Lytle Creek is AR, AK, and anything else friendly, as long as it is legal.

ar15barrels
07-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Welcome to the IE! You are super close to Lytle Creek... No need to drive down to Oceanside to shoot your AR as Lytle Creek is AR, AK, and anything else friendly, as long as it is legal.

You are even closer to West End Gun Club (http://wegc.org).
You should consider joining since you are just a few freeway exits away.

davedog665
07-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Magnum Range is where I DROS'ed and

Transferred my OLL, no worries there and Luis, the counter guy knows enough about the laws to not give you any hassle. Peter, the store owner on the other hand will probably ask you more questions about it but he will do it.

Bright Spot Pawn is pretty close to you also in Riverside, 15 freeway south to 60 freeway east and like the first exit I believe.
Great time to be moving up to Rancho Cucamonga, especially with the opening of the Bass Pro shop. I had a helluva time driving to work from Fontana this morning because of the Hot-air balloon rides and the line out the door at 7 AM this morning at Bass Pro.

That guy luis he's the other guy besides peter thats kinda grumpy sometimes. i contacted them week ago about ordering a 10fp savage .308 peter gave me a fair price $30 ffl fee what did they charge for the OLL i contacted bright spot pawn but there out of OLL at the moment more on order tho. But Magnum range is really close to me and if they just charge me 30 thats a sweet deal to me.

ya bass pro shop was crazy last nite rode thru on the bike at like 730 and it looked like 6 flags. i just rode right through. im glad they opened bcuz i hate turners with a passion.

Lytle creek is pretty nice place to shoot i got a free pass waiting when i get my ar built :)

Socal858
07-19-2007, 12:07 PM
good to see more shooters in the IE, my buddy lives up there by you in RC.

davedog665
07-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Ya def. will have to get some more IE shoots goin on i want to go to burro on sat. but im goin to west end gun club to watch the 3 gun and check out some sweet ar's and decide what i want for my build :)

BlackReef
07-19-2007, 1:39 PM
Well, I *thought* I was driving home to Oceanside today, but it turns out nobody is gonna be at my dad's house so I may just wait and drive down in the morning.

The new Bass Pro shop is just a few miles from me. I believe its off 210, no? I live off of Haven off the 210. I should swing by there and see what all the fuss is about.

I'm just stoked I live so close to California Speedway now, I'm huge on NASCAR =)

BlackReef
07-19-2007, 3:34 PM
damn I just want to go shooting somewhere. Is there anywhere around here I can just go shoot and not be bothered? like a secret spot..

Jicko
07-19-2007, 3:42 PM
damn I just want to go shooting somewhere. Is there anywhere around here I can just go shoot and not be bothered? like a secret spot..

it's a "secret".......

BlackReef
07-19-2007, 3:47 PM
haha. hey jicko I may be going to Iron Sights tommorow, but I may be shooting up in Valley Center also, so I don't know for sure yet. Ill let u know man

Jicko
07-19-2007, 4:07 PM
haha. hey jicko I may be going to Iron Sights tommorow, but I may be shooting up in Valley Center also, so I don't know for sure yet. Ill let u know man

How far are you from Temecula? I generally go to Rainbow Range(just south of Temecula) to do my range work, chrono etc.... I may go there this SAT or SUN, and you can come and be my guest, $5 is all you need to pay. Private club range.

BossHogg
07-19-2007, 5:21 PM

Where in valley center can you shoot????

Jicko:

How is that rainbow range? Can you recreation and clay shoot there or just match? I was thinking about joining ($145 right) since orosco ridge is closed untill october.

BlackReef
07-19-2007, 5:24 PM
Where in valley center can you shoot????

Jicko:

How is that rainbow range? Can you recreation and clay shoot there or just match? I was thinking about joining ($145 right) since orosco ridge is closed untill october.

Secret Spot, lol. My buddy has a 30 acre ranch up there and has a small area to shoot out in his property. There are alot of trees and vegitation to numb out the rifle sound to surrounding neighbors.

There is also a range on the Pala reservation, but I would strongly advise AGAINST going to a rez to shoot guns. :)

jaymz
07-19-2007, 6:53 PM
Well, I *thought* I was driving home to Oceanside today, but it turns out nobody is gonna be at my dad's house so I may just wait and drive down in the morning.

The new Bass Pro shop is just a few miles from me. I believe its off 210, no? I live off of Haven off the 210. I should swing by there and see what all the fuss is about.

I'm just stoked I live so close to California Speedway now, I'm huge on NASCAR =)

Nope. I-15 between Foothill and Church. Magnum Range will DROS OLL's. I've done all of mine there.

Wild Bill
07-19-2007, 7:46 PM
+1 for Bright Spot Pawn in Riverside. I just dros'ed 2 OLL's there a couple of weeks ago on a ptp. And have them already built and ready to ROCK !!!:D

:36:

tjcoker
07-25-2007, 10:38 AM
West End Gun Club off the 15 FWY and Sierra. They have public shooting Fri-Sun 0800-1700 on the front pistol (up to 50 yards) and rifle (up to 200 yards). Cost is something like $50 a year for a limited membership and then less than $10 per visit.

I just bought a full membership for $180 initiation and $180 per year. That gets me in the back where I can shoot up to 600 yard and have access to "our" private pistol bays, with 24/7 access. Nothing like shooting on the move in the back with as many targets I feel like setting up. You can also bring three friends for free if you decide to go the full membership route. The public range does cost $3 for full members when the public hours are going.