PDA

View Full Version : Configuration Question of .22 Rifle

TransplantTexan
10-29-2012, 7:43 PM
I've searched and researched threads, wiki, doj website and I'm pretty sure I'm in good shape but thought I'd do one last sanity test ( by asking here) just for good measures.

Here's my setup:

Auto-Ordnance Thompson .22 Rimfire semi automatic rifle. Yes, that is correct, a .22 Tommy Gun, not an aftermarket . 16 1/2 inch barrel with additional 1 1/2 inch compensator. 38 inch overall length, fixed stock, pistol grip and forward pistol grip, twenty-five round magazine. No BB.

Rifle and mag have been in CA since before 2000.

Everything I have ever read says that I'm within the law but I always like to double and triple check. “Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you”

Thanks for any input.

Chaos47
10-29-2012, 7:49 PM
Rimfire rifles are not part of the CA AWB so banned by name, features, magazine size limits etc do not matter. (Magazine acquiring is a separate section of law)
No need for a magazine lock.

Your barrel length and over all meet federal requirements.

You have had the magazines in CA before 2000 so they are legally possessed and can be used.

You are good to go.

TransplantTexan
10-29-2012, 8:31 PM
Thanks, that's what I thought but double checking.

Chaos47
10-29-2012, 9:46 PM
No problem!
Sounds like a badass firearm!

ojisan
10-29-2012, 10:07 PM
All OK.

TransplantTexan
10-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Quick photo. Love shooting this. Taught my son to use it when he was 8.

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b623/transplanttexan/tommy.jpg

JackRydden224
10-30-2012, 12:16 PM
Okay, now that's badass.....where are you located?

If you are in the Orange County area we'd love to have you join our monthly shoot.

TransplantTexan
10-30-2012, 4:09 PM
San Diego (near airport) . Where in Orange County do you guys shoot? Need to get out more and don't have many friends that shoot down here. Have a couple of other items that need rounds run through them.

JackRydden224
10-30-2012, 4:29 PM
San Diego (near airport) . Where in Orange County do you guys shoot? Need to get out more and don't have many friends that shoot down here. Have a couple of other items that need rounds run through them.

We shoot at OnTarget, Laguna Niguel every second Friday of the Monday at 6:30pm. If you are near the airport you are probably a bit far from us. You can put your name down here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=637814)

I don't think there is a SD county chapter but maybe there ought to be one.