PDA

View Full Version : BOHICA arms .510 DTC

tlillard23
07-18-2007, 3:33 PM
Did anyone buy one of these???

http://www.bohicaarms.com/

"Someone" told me they are shipping orders in the next 2 weeks.

:84:

Ryan HBC
07-18-2007, 3:50 PM
Hot!

Why couldn't I have reg'd a lower as a 50bmg before the ban....

rksimple
07-18-2007, 3:52 PM
Looks great. I'd be interested to hear some range reports as to the fit/finish and accuracy.

arguy15
07-18-2007, 3:53 PM
Under a 1000 bucks for a .50 Upper. Wow.

Does anyone know if constructive possession applies to .50 BMG in California?

thmpr
07-18-2007, 3:57 PM
Will get a semi auto gas piston 510 version...

1919_4_ME
07-18-2007, 3:57 PM
They just called me saying mine was done.Problems is that I am moving out of state so I dont need it afterall so if anyone wants one for right now for $900 you'd better call them.Just tell them you want Rich's cancelled order.:D

theseacow
07-18-2007, 4:14 PM
never believe anything that is 2 weeks away.

mltrading
07-18-2007, 4:20 PM
Looks good. However, it looks like another single-shot upper. Any way to make it mag-fed and/or auto-loader?:p

Anyway, the introductory price is just about right.:D

tlillard23
07-18-2007, 4:30 PM
For the number of times someone will fire these things, and the cost of ammo, Bolt action is fine with me.

Semi-auto would be cool, send some dough my way and I'll buy one....

yea, It's what I heard, 2 weeks. :33:

I would like to have one before they ban everything. when someone gets one, I am sure they will let us know. :D

**I just read my sig line, maybe I do NEED a semi-auto!

QuickOnTheDraw
07-18-2007, 4:39 PM
Hot!

Why couldn't I have reg'd a lower as a 50bmg before the ban....

It's legal to own becuase it's .510 DTC not 50 BMG.
Just put it on you OLL lower and your ready to go!

mltrading
07-18-2007, 4:43 PM
It's legal to own becuase it's .510 DTC not 50 BMG.

For we have registered 50BMGs, we are free to buy uppers in 50BMG. Ha ha ha....:D

b0lingball
07-18-2007, 4:51 PM
I ordered one from them couple months ago and the latest I will get it is around August or September...

draconianruler
07-18-2007, 5:15 PM
I'm on the list but nobody called me yet :( I'm definately going to pick one up to try.

tiger222
07-18-2007, 7:29 PM
wow! finally a 50 upper that looks good... though I swore to myself never to shoot anything over 300wm after a AR50 took a good part of my hearing :(

1919_4_ME
07-18-2007, 8:28 PM
Also just add theres a company that now offers loaded .510 DTC ammo for people who dont roll there own.Also Bohica is coming out with a .416 version at a later date too.The .416 ammo is @$4 a pop though.:chris:

Nefarious
07-19-2007, 6:16 AM
I forgot about this thread...

50 Shooter
07-19-2007, 7:00 AM
If you need ammo PM MrKubota off the board, he just got his license to sell/Mfg ammo. He's located here in SoCal.

Katana
07-19-2007, 1:29 PM
FWIW, this must be the source of their name.

http://www.jpfo.org/bohica.htm :mad:

rssslvr
07-19-2007, 1:53 PM
I got the call for my billing info and they said they will be shipping in the next 2-3 weeks :D

Nefarious
07-19-2007, 2:26 PM
So how many people are actually picking one of these up since the start of the thread? Also what color you picking up - tan, black. I really want to see more pictures of complete setups, his webpage is a little... lacking

Edit: I see there is an optional 30"

Edit x2: Ill update when order arrives - I went with the 30"

shooterx10
07-19-2007, 5:06 PM

If any of you build one using a OLL with a pistol grip, be sure to plug up the magwell with a 10 round mag. I'm not sure if the maglips will clear the bolt with the BOHICA upper, but you can always Dremel the lips off.

Or you can use a FAB-10 lower receiver.

http://www.fabten.com/10/lowerreciver0206.gif

grammaton76
07-20-2007, 1:00 AM
I have three coming. One 30" for me, one 30" for a buddy, and the last one is a 24" that'll be up for grabs at the first gun show after it arrives. The three should arrive in about TWO WEEKS.

Nefarious
07-20-2007, 5:51 AM
I just realized I have no optics for this setup, nor the funds :mad:

Anywho .. ill figure something out. Once we all get our uppers - time for a meet? ;)

mrkubota
07-20-2007, 8:11 AM
Just use a red-dot or iron sights while you decide on a scope....

I use an OKO holosight on my UltraMag50 and BUIS on my Ultralight50 conversions:
http://www.daplane.com/50bmg/Ben_um50_lc.jpg
http://www.daplane.com/50bmg/ul50_ironsights.jpg

Dedicated single-shot lowers are available from:

http://www.safetyharborfirearms.com/
http://www.dpmsinc.com/
http://www.ferret50.com/

Lohse
07-20-2007, 8:29 AM
If any of you build one using a OLL with a pistol grip, be sure to plug up the magwell with a 10 round mag. I'm not sure if the maglips will clear the bolt with the BOHICA upper, but you can always Dremel the lips off.

Or you can use a FAB-10 lower receiver.

Why do you need to plug up the magwell with a magazine?

shooterx10
07-20-2007, 9:42 AM
Why do you need to plug up the magwell with a magazine?

:xeno: for "pistol grip" and "detachable magazine or open magwell" or "SB23" and read the regs.

Better yet, ask Bweise and he'll give a more thorough explanation despite the fact you are putting an upper on an AR that does not utilize the magazine.

50 Shooter
07-20-2007, 9:56 AM
Use a 10 rounder that you don't care about because you'll need to smash the top of it or cut it off. If you don't it will interfere with the bolt making it useless. Your best bet it to buy a dedicated lower for the upper that you plan on using, check out the links that MrKubota posted.

Ryan HBC
07-20-2007, 1:18 PM
You could also just put on a Prince 50 kit that is tightened down. I'd hate to see people bang up perfectly good mags.

grammaton76
07-20-2007, 1:28 PM
Bolt action upper... no AW issues when it's assembled, and no constructive possession when it isn't. Bill has stated that the initial FAQ was hyper-conservative. Simply put, the lower isn't an issue, especially if you aren't transporting the lower disassembled. If you're transporting it with the upper installed, there's no way to call it an AW.

If you want to remove further doubt - Bohica's upper requires the use of a modified bolt hold open, or simply the absence of the bolt hold open. Leave off your BHO entirely - it's not a required part for a semi-auto rifle, but it just goes further to show that your intention is solely to use it with your DTC upper.

If you're really worried though, install a bullet button on the lower and leave the magwell empty. And then use the JP Enterprises rear tension pins, so that the upper would require a tool to remove from the lower.

draconianruler
08-11-2007, 6:09 AM
Anybody get their uppers yet? Any reviews yet?

Nefarious
08-11-2007, 8:31 AM
Anybody get their uppers yet? Any reviews yet?

Nothing yet. Everyone should have gotten an email from him stating some issues with the handguard fit - that was expected to be fixedby friday 8-10

No updates as of yet

arguy15
08-11-2007, 6:35 PM
:xeno: for "pistol grip" and "detachable magazine or open magwell" or "SB23" and read the regs.

Better yet, ask Bweise and he'll give a more thorough explanation despite the fact you are putting an upper on an AR that does not utilize the magazine.

'F' the search button and you are wrong.

50 Shooter
08-12-2007, 9:06 AM
Chris just posted on arfcom in the 50 Forum, said that uppers should be shipping tomorrow or Tues.

Blue
08-12-2007, 10:34 AM
I just emailed him about a 24" upper :D I've been waiting for find a Ferret 50 at an incredible price but this is too good to be true!

50 Shooter
08-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Blue,
Do you want a Ferret? I can ask a guy that has one for sale, he might still have it. Need to hurry if you want it.

Roo
08-12-2007, 6:23 PM
Sent him an email right now, I want one! :)

cornholio1
08-12-2007, 7:57 PM
Just use a red-dot or iron sights while you decide on a scope....

I use an OKO holosight on my UltraMag50 and BUIS on my Ultralight50 conversions:
http://www.daplane.com/50bmg/Ben_um50_lc.jpg
http://www.daplane.com/50bmg/ul50_ironsights.jpg

Dedicated single-shot lowers are available from:

http://www.safetyharborfirearms.com/
http://www.dpmsinc.com/
http://www.ferret50.com/

What lower is that in your picture Mr. Kubota? Looks a little different than the dedicated single shot lower on the Safety Harbor website.

Blue
08-12-2007, 8:06 PM
What lower is that in your picture Mr. Kubota? Looks a little different than the dedicated single shot lower on the Safety Harbor website.

Looks like a DPMS lower to me.

CRTguns
08-12-2007, 11:13 PM
B end
O ver
H ere
I t
C omes
A gain

This is correct, no?

cornholio1
08-13-2007, 6:51 AM
B end
O ver
H ere
I t
C omes
A gain

This is correct, no?

Is there something wrong with the companys workmanship? Please post when you guys have a chance to take them out.

Nefarious
08-13-2007, 7:18 AM
Ok so I always hate to venture over to the arfside :D

But here is what Chris had to say over there...

Hi Guys.

I finally got a login approved so I can post here.

I appreciate those of you who have had the paitence to let us work out the production problems we encountered. I wouldn't have taken any payment yet from anybody if I had not truly though they would be ready to go within a reasonable time frame.

I have received the new handguards and am in the process of getting the first 40-50 finished up and in boxes. They should ship Monday or Tuesday. The rest will trickle out through the week.

Those of you who are going to pickup locally, I will have those ready by the first part of next week.

If anybody is not willing to wait, please contact me at the shop # listed on my pitiful website and I will have a refund issued. (much nicer website coming soon)

As I told one customer "I'd rather have you mad at me now, than once you get your product. Delivery issues are usually quickly forgoten, however the stigma of poor quality lasts forever"

Please don't hesitate to E-mail me with any questions, but don't be offended if you call and it takes a day to get back to you. I've been swamped with E-mails and calls and that just cuts into the available time to get product ready to ship.

Once again thanks!

Sincerely,

Chris Rosequist
President

Bohica Arms Corp

sintax
08-13-2007, 9:59 AM
As I told one customer "I'd rather have you mad at me now, than once you get your product. Delivery issues are usually quickly forgoten, however the stigma of poor quality lasts forever"

Its rare to find someone who understands and owns up to that. I've been wanting something in .510 since i missed out before the ban, and after reading that I'm going to give serious consideration to his product.

Roo
08-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Its rare to find someone who understands and owns up to that. I've been wanting something in .510 since i missed out before the ban, and after reading that I'm going to give serious consideration to his product.

I got put on the list today for the 30"

Nefarious
08-13-2007, 12:11 PM
I got put on the list today for the 30"

I think most of us ended up going the 30" route. Did he get you in for the first shipment? Or is that the 2nd go round?

50 Shooter
08-13-2007, 12:32 PM
If anyone is interested in a Ferret50 upper with everything including a Nightforce scope let me know. It's .50 BMG so you'll need a registered lower to put it on.

PM me and I'll get you the owners info.

Roo
08-13-2007, 6:35 PM
I think most of us ended up going the 30" route. Did he get you in for the first shipment? Or is that the 2nd go round?

No he didn't say. I think the 30" is going to be well worth the extra $100... I hope I am in the first shipment though :43:

Roo
08-15-2007, 4:01 PM
Any more update on this? Anyone receive theirs?

Flux Capacitor
08-15-2007, 8:57 PM
Any more update on this? Anyone receive theirs?

Give them a little more time. Most people shoot during the weekends. I would like to know what people think of it as well.

Roo
08-15-2007, 9:10 PM
Give them a little more time. Most people shoot during the weekends. I would like to know what people think of it as well.

I am on the waiting list and really want to know peoples thoughts/opinions. I think I am going to order the lower now just so I can have it ready for when I get the upper in :)

50 Shooter
08-15-2007, 9:51 PM
Chris is posting on the thread that was started over on THR, said he has 100 in the process of being test fired, cleaned, fitted.... So get ready to do some shooting!

BTW, for all you guys that are local in SoCal don't forget we get together as a group the 3rd Sunday of the month at ASR to let the .50's loose.

Roo
08-15-2007, 11:49 PM
What is ASR? What city?

Nefarious
08-16-2007, 5:58 AM
What is ASR? What city?

+1
SoCal LA area??
Are we planning a BOHICA gathering if not?

50 Shooter
08-16-2007, 8:18 AM
Sorry, I thought that most people in the L.A. area of SoCal knew that ASR is short for Angeles Shooting Range www.angelesranges.com

We've had a group of .50 shooters meeting there for years on the 3rd Sun. of every month. When you get your uppers and you want to shoot with us, that's where we meet up at. Plus there's a couple 1K yard matches a year at Desert Marksman if you want to attend.

Roo
08-16-2007, 3:54 PM
Sweet I am in!

Roo
08-16-2007, 8:45 PM
Anyone know anywhere to get 50BMG rounds? Cheapest I have found is $370 for 100 rounds.

grammaton76
08-16-2007, 8:57 PM
Heh, bear in mind that for most of us who didn't get registered AW's, we're talking DTC, not BMG. Very different animal.

That having been said - I'm looking forward to mine getting in.

50 Shooter
08-16-2007, 8:57 PM
Type fast. http://www.1919a4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10392

Roo
08-16-2007, 10:00 PM
Heh, bear in mind that for most of us who didn't get registered AW's, we're talking DTC, not BMG. Very different animal.

Is the ammo different? I can find BMG but nothing says DTC

Flux Capacitor
08-16-2007, 10:03 PM

Its not that different. Right? 1/10th of an inch?

PonyFiveO
08-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Its not that different. Right? 1/10th of an inch?

http://www.daplane.com/50bmg/50dtc/cart_comp_00.jpg

"The .510 DTC EUROP is a French rifle cartridge developed by Eric Danis in order to comply with firearms legislation in Europe which regulates .50 BMG rifles. In response to the .50 Caliber BMG Regulation Act of 2004, which banned future sales of .50 BMG firearms in California, long-range shooters in that state have begun to adopt this cartridge as a manner of following the new legislation. As weapons chambered for the .50 BMG are also banned in Australia, the .510 DTC can be used to comply with regulations there as well.

The .510 DTC EUROP uses the same bullet as the .50 BMG, but has slightly different case dimensions. The case is 0.100 inches shorter and uses a steeper shoulder than standard .50 BMG ammunition. .510 DTC cases can be made by shortening and then fire-forming .50 BMG cases. The new round has almost identical ballistics, but because of the different dimensions, rifles chambered for the .50 BMG cannot safely fire the .510 DTC, and vice versa, and therefore do not fall under the same legal prohibitions. To avoid any confusion, American .510 DTC rifle manufacturers have taken to calling the cartridge the ".50 DTC," to avoid giving the impression that the weapons are over .50 caliber and therefore classified as Destructive Devices under the 1934 National Firearms Act. .510 DTC rifles, like .50 BMG rifles outside of California, are classified as standard rifles and can be purchased like any other title I long gun."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.510_DTC_EUROP

Roo
08-16-2007, 11:00 PM
rifles chambered for the .50 BMG cannot safely fire the .510 DTC, and vice versa

So where can we buy .50 DTC? I searched google and found nothing

Nefarious
08-17-2007, 6:23 AM
So where can we buy .50 DTC? I searched google and found nothing

mrkubota is your local best bet. He was just about out when I got my order in, but check with him anyway. There are a couple other places to pick up DTC, but do not remember links or names ATM

mrkubota
08-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Yep, I still have components to make 'black-tip' M2-AP rounds in DTC, but I'm still out of the range friendly brass projos...

EDM Arms in Redlands (www.edmarms.com) was selling DTC ammo loaded with surplus m33 ball projos. Give Bill Richie a call there if you can use that type...

//Ben
RSR Development - LLC

50 Shooter
08-18-2007, 4:38 PM
We'll be up at ASR tomorrow if any of you guys want to talk to Ben or to hang out and shoot.

b0lingball
08-20-2007, 9:36 AM
Has anybody heard from Chris yet since the last email regarding the firtment problem??

Nefarious
08-20-2007, 9:39 AM
Has anybody heard from Chris yet since the last email regarding the firtment problem??

There was a little stink on the ARF forums about this. Suposedly they are finished, but still need cleaning. Long story short... we are still waiting.

Edit to add Chris post on arf

-The general consensus has been that most guys are willing to wait for their package and have been checking in from time to time. This I understand and appreciate, no hard feelings, it's a lot of cash.

There are a few guys though that feel that calling or e-mailing me every day will get them their upper quicker. They will be shipped in the order the orders were placed. That's the only fair thing to do.

As to the fact that I should get 10 out to people so they can post that they got them? I'm not sure any of the first 10 or so people even have internet access!

I stand behind my products and I'm a real easy guy to get along with, but I will stand my ground when it comes to something I believe in. I belive that a product that is rushed out gets far more bad press than something that was delivered late.

As far as "promised" ship dates go. I've not "promised" anything. I've said that I "think" they will be ready to go and "I'll try my best" to get them out on Monday.

They HAVE all been test fired.

All that remains is to clean 100 Rifles, install freefloat system, install handguards, pick bi-pods and hardware, final inspect, wrap for shipment, box for shipment, make sure manuals are done, cross check SN# with order, create invoice, create UPS label, drop off at UPS, cross check Tracking#'s, E-mail or call 100+ people.......I must be forgetting something else........

Oh yeah, take new orders for the wait list, answer the phone, check e-mails and post explinations on various forums........

Thanks to those who wait paitently - to the few others, let me know and I'll gladly move you to the bottom of the list.................

Thanks,

Chris Rosequist
BOHICA Arms Corp.

Roo
08-20-2007, 10:00 AM
I would rather wait now and get a great product than have them rushed out and have a inferior product.

cornholio1
08-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Any updates on it? I am thinking of selling a spare AR-10 upper and sights for one.

grammaton76
08-24-2007, 5:43 PM
Here's an article I wrote on DTC a while back, after a lot of phone calls to folks and some emails with MrKubota. Some of how to make a DTC round from BMG brass is covered in it:

http://thegunwiki.com/Gunwiki/RefReloading50DTC

In some ways, you'll find it much more informative than the Wikipedia article - in others, less so. That's to be expected, as TGW is process oriented and Wikipedia is general information oriented.

50 Shooter
08-25-2007, 2:16 AM
Chris posted on arfcom that the first 50 went out the door and that another 50 should be shipped next week.

Prince50
08-25-2007, 10:39 AM
Hey 50Shooter.... I left a message for you yesteday....Gonna return it?

LOL

Darin

50 Shooter
08-25-2007, 11:01 AM
I did, check your phone.:p

Tag you're it.

Roo
08-25-2007, 11:48 AM
Chris posted on arfcom that the first 50 went out the door and that another 50 should be shipped next week.

I wish I knew my order number..... I have a feeling I am 150+ though...

Nefarious
08-27-2007, 6:51 AM

That would be nice to know. I did not get a phone call so I must not be in the first 50 :D

draconianruler
08-27-2007, 7:34 AM

Me too. I haven't even received a call :mad:

Nefarious
08-28-2007, 10:36 AM
Anyone keeping up with the pissing contest over on arf between Chris and Mark -

anyone want a $900 Serbu ;) - dont get too excited fellas...

grammaton76
08-28-2007, 1:23 PM
Got a link to it, N? I'd look, but my blackberry's a little challenged on sites I'm not really familiar with the controls on. :)

tlillard23
08-28-2007, 3:01 PM
this is all I could find, but I am not an ARF'er

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=3&t=221175

Roo
08-28-2007, 3:12 PM
Yea it's funny to read lol.

Nefarious
08-28-2007, 3:46 PM
Got a link to it, N? I'd look, but my blackberry's a little challenged on sites I'm not really familiar with the controls on. :)

Sure thing...
The link tlillard posted is the right one - im not really an arf'er either - but here is the link to page 5 where Mark starts in on his ... well... have a go at it ;).

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=3&t=221175&page=5

50 Shooter
08-28-2007, 5:51 PM
So how many of you guys that have one on order are going to reload?

I know there's the Lee and for the price it's a good starter but how many would want a multi station press?

So now you're asking yourself why I'm asking and here's why. I have a prototype 4 station press built but don't know how big of a market there's going to be. If you've seen the Hollywood turret press and like that one then you'll like mine even better. Plus the Hollywood is 1K without anything and I'm sure I could come in at least a couple hundred less if there were enough built at one time.

Thoughts?

Roo
08-28-2007, 6:10 PM
I want to get into reloading, sure is cheaper! Ben volunteered to have me over and show me the ropes so I will probly take him up on that. What would the overall cost be to start up?

BTW 50_Shooter, sent you a PM

grammaton76
08-28-2007, 7:48 PM
Wow, that was a fun flamefest to read - thanks for the link!

As for reloading, I do intend to reload, but I don't have much interest in a turret press I'd use to load only a few rounds on per year. I spent enough on a Giraud, that I think my DTC-related budget will be finished with as soon as I have dies. :)

Nefarious
08-29-2007, 6:21 AM
Realoding for the DTC? Well... I would really like too (ultimately that would be the way to go), but have no experience at all - havent bugged ya yet Sean ;)
That does not mean I do not want to pick up the dies if we can get that group pricing down, and that Lee press. A multi stage, man.... I gather would be nice, but $$$$$$$$$$ :eek:

scarry scarney
08-29-2007, 8:51 AM
Wow, that would be neat. The only thing that I know that is close to a multi stage press on reloading these rounds (50 DTC & 50 BMG) is a Hollywood Turret. To buy one new is pricey ($1200 - $1500).

It would be cheaper to purchase three of the lee presses, and use the lee dies. Set one press up for sizing. One press set up for priming, and the last press for bullet seating.

And, remember Lee dies are 1 1/4", where as RCBS, C&H and Hornady are 1 1/2". So you need to match the press to the dies. If you buy the lee dies, and use a 50 BMG press from Hornady, RCBS or Hollywood, then you will need to purchase an 1 1/2" to 1 1/4" adapter. See your local machinist, or check out C&H.

I keep wondering if I can get a "blank" tool head to fit my Dillon 550, and drill a whole in the center to fit a 50 die, and then make a shell holder to fit the Dillon ram.

grammaton76
08-29-2007, 1:29 PM
The Lee 50 BMG press I bought has a little threaded bushing on it, so that you can do standard 1.5" dies. I think it may have been a new feature, though.

Flux Capacitor
08-29-2007, 6:07 PM

Are you serious?

Roo
08-29-2007, 7:17 PM

Mark said he could sell his upper for $600 and still make a profit. All Chris is doing is selling his upper cheap to get his name out there and people to tell other people about his rifles. Look at all the attention he has got online? There is no such thing as bad press... I have talked to Mark and his attitude sucks. Give Chris a year and if his rifle is even close to Surbu Chris will be out of a job. Not to mention the BOHICA upper look 100x better than Serbu's...

thmpr
08-29-2007, 7:50 PM
Huge price difference between Serbu and Bohica. Serbu dropped their price from 2 grand to $900? If so, they have been ripping people off for a long time.

Nefarious
08-30-2007, 5:48 AM
Mark said he could sell his upper for $600 and still make a profit. All Chris is doing is selling his upper cheap to get his name out there and people to tell other people about his rifles. Look at all the attention he has got online? There is no such thing as bad press... I have talked to Mark and his attitude sucks. Give Chris a year and if his rifle is even close to Surbu Chris will be out of a job. Not to mention the BOHICA upper look 100x better than Serbu's...

Right... I had meant to put 600 instead of the 900 in my earlier thread - oops :D
Now that would have really made some itchy wallets. So he says he can sell them at that price and make a profit... but... well you read it ;) Ive talked to Mark a couple times when I was wanting to pick up one of his builds, but quickly realized that I would not have one anytime soon with his backlog - better off looking in his forums for a used one.

Chris did not back down though... cant wait for the upper to arrive. Im wonder how much of a price increase one could expect in the future.

Nefarious
08-30-2007, 5:51 AM
Huge price difference between Serbu and Bohica. Serbu dropped their price from 2 grand to $900? If so, they have been ripping people off for a long time.

Mark was saying that he could put out a upper at $600 and still make a profit... but I have much bigger fish to fry with the BFG-50A

check it out over on arf... youll get a kick out of it

MustangO4
08-31-2007, 5:52 PM
It's gettin' even more "snarny" over there, but we may have some proof tonight????

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=3&t=226960

As the BOHICA turns......

Roo
08-31-2007, 7:31 PM
If I was Chris I would either put his name on the bottom of the list or just refund his money and tell that guy to pound sand

1919_4_ME
08-31-2007, 8:09 PM
If I were Chris I would defintley refund that **** starters money.Also it kinda pisses me off that Mark Serbu said he could make a profit off of a $600 upper.Just makes you think how much he's making off his tube guns with a trigger attached to it....:chris:

50 Shooter
08-31-2007, 8:18 PM
No different then any other manufacturers, do you think an M82 is worth $7,500+ or a Windrunner at $7,500?

And if you wanna get started how about all these .45's that are running 2K+ for a design that's about 100 years old!

CSACANNONEER
08-31-2007, 8:19 PM
If I were Chris I would defintley refund that **** starters money.Also it kinda pisses me off that Mark Serbu said he could make a profit off of a $600 upper.Just makes you think how much he's making off his tube guns with a trigger attached to it....:chris:

I'm glad that I'm not the only that holds such a high opinion of a buttplate welded to muffler tubing.

DBA Samsun
08-31-2007, 8:25 PM
If I was Chris I would either put his name on the bottom of the list or just refund his money and tell that guy to pound sand

I'm sorry but Chris is OUT OF LINE, how the hell do you think it's ok to tell paying customers STFU and wait?!

1919_4_ME
08-31-2007, 8:48 PM
50 Shooter,
Yea your right the profit margin on those other guns are probably really good!:eek:

DBA Samsun,
What Chris said I dont think was out of line.You have no idea what one person can do to wreck your reputation even if you told the guy if you cant wait I'll refund your money.They exchanged e-mails before hand and Chris told him to chill.The guy then went ahead and started a thread about him (which sucks) and then still wants his upper.The guy needs to chill and let Chris do his thing.I've waited 6+ months for .50bmg's and thats just how the industry works.If a customer doesnt have patience in this hobby then maybe this hobby isnt for them.Just my .02...:chris:

CSACANNONEER
08-31-2007, 9:04 PM
You guys are relatively "lucky" if you only have to wait 6 months for a 50 that suits your needs. I waited two years for my ALS upper!

Nefarious
08-31-2007, 9:05 PM
Its getting pretty annoying if you ask me. Not the waiting.... the people *****ing. If your not happy, get your damn money back and call it a day. Even after all the guys crying, he still says he will wait for his order... what a tool :confused:

I put my quick .02 in on there... but I swear ... wait, or get a refund...

I dont think Chris should have worded some things the way he did, but if I was all that offended, I would have canceled my rinky-dink order and looked elsewhere :D

Nefarious
08-31-2007, 9:06 PM
I'm glad that I'm not the only that holds such a high opinion of a buttplate welded to muffler tubing.

I guess that makes me a +2 ;)
But hey... people buy it... and are waiting years for them :confused:

Nefarious
08-31-2007, 9:09 PM
I'm sorry but Chris is OUT OF LINE, how the hell do you think it's ok to tell paying customers STFU and wait?!

I dont think he should have said that either. Even though he is getting some heat over on arf ... he should suck it up. Either way, the buyer can take his business elsewhere if hes all that hurt over it - but no, he still chooses to wait and cry like a little baby.

Roo
08-31-2007, 9:18 PM
+3 on the serbu junk. I think it looks ugly as sin.

1919_4_ME
08-31-2007, 9:35 PM
Thats was funny when Mark Serbu was talking all big about becoming a pilot and Chris from Bohica said thats nice but I've been flying for 20 years and I'm dual rated,lol.Priceless....:chris:

Roo
08-31-2007, 10:04 PM
IS realwar on here? LMFAO! I almost spit out my soda when I read your ball comment lol

ke6guj
08-31-2007, 11:07 PM
Chris just posted this on arfcom. Sure looks good.

Originally Posted By BOHICA_Arms:
Finished Rifle w/ Magpul PRS Strock
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w217/bohicaarms/IMG_2939.jpg

Finished 24" rifle w/ACE ARFX Stock and a Bohica Pad & Riser
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w217/bohicaarms/greengun1.jpg

Tan 24" upper
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w217/bohicaarms/tangunsetup.jpg

24" Uppers ready for handguards
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w217/bohicaarms/IMG_2964.jpg

30" Uppers ready for handguards
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w217/bohicaarms/IMG_2965.jpg

24" vs. 30" uppers (no handguards)
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w217/bohicaarms/IMG_2969.jpg

CA Legal 510 DTC-EDM (24" & 30") - no handguards
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w217/bohicaarms/IMG_2972.jpg

Box-0-Bipods
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w217/bohicaarms/IMG_2970.jpg

Range testing-EACH ONE
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w217/bohicaarms/Picture26.jpg

Post Test 300+ Rounds
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w217/bohicaarms/IMG_2974.jpg

OK, Can I quit for the weekend now??

aplinker
08-31-2007, 11:15 PM
They look nice.

24" no handguards
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w217/bohicaarms/IMG_2965.jpg

CA DTC
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w217/bohicaarms/IMG_2972.jpg

50 Shooter
08-31-2007, 11:16 PM
Roo,
Realwar posted right above your last post, he uses a different name here.;)

Roo
08-31-2007, 11:49 PM
WOW! After seeing those pics I hope one of those .510's are mine!!!

Roo
08-31-2007, 11:50 PM
Roo,
Realwar posted right above your last post, he uses a different name here.;)

Ahh ok. I was playing XBOX waiting for a game to start drinking my soda and when I scrolled down I almost ruined my MacBook and 360 controller with soda lol

1919_4_ME
09-01-2007, 12:17 AM
Yea I give up I'm "Realwar" over there...:eek:

Oh and by the way Wheelin707 got OWNED tonight,LOL

Roo
09-01-2007, 12:22 AM
http://iisalmi1.iisalmi.fi/iisalmi/koulutus/juhaniah/kotisivut/2004-05/Kelavuori%20Janne/Kotisivut/kuvat/owned.jpg

http://www.kamikazemicrowave.com/andrew_ftp/pwnd/owned-baby.jpg

http://0wn3d.dk/owned/owned_sleeping_markers.jpg

Just a few :p

ph800
09-01-2007, 8:09 AM
Sweet! I am so glad I am on the list for one of these!!!

Nefarious
09-01-2007, 3:01 PM
Just spoke to Chris.. and he gave me some really BAD NEWS!!!!:mad::mad:

MINE SHIPS ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

That means that alot of us Calgunners SHOULD be receiving them in that same shipment

tlillard23
09-01-2007, 3:30 PM
Nefarious, When did you order? Mine should be in the mail by now.... I think I was in the first few (check post #1...)

ke6guj
09-01-2007, 3:37 PM
tlillard, The list started way back in April, so if you got on the list in July when you started the thread, you are a ways back and most likely hasn't shipped yet. I got on the list 4-18 and, IIRC, and the Bohica lady said that I was around #51 when she finalized the order, and hopefully mine will be in the upcoming shipment.

Roo
09-01-2007, 4:04 PM
Yea for those of us that spent weeks contemplating it we are way down the list... I ordered mine August 12th :(. I am probly 150+

ph800
09-01-2007, 4:17 PM
Roo, I ordered mine about the same time. I was told an October ship date. Can't wait. They look GREAT from the photos! Hope they shoot well. Can't wait to read someones range report on one of these.

Roo
09-01-2007, 4:20 PM
Roo, I ordered mine about the same time. I was told an October ship date. Can't wait. They look GREAT from the photos! Hope they shoot well. Can't wait to read someones range report on one of these.

Yea we were told October but the people that ordered in May were told July and now it is August...

Nefarious
09-01-2007, 8:09 PM
Nefarious, When did you order? Mine should be in the mail by now.... I think I was in the first few (check post #1...)

I had called him for more info on his upper long before the start of this thread. I was looking - yet again - at the Windrunner, Ferret 50, Marks rifles blah blah and stumbled across Chris's webpage. I thought it was a joke - im sure we all by now have seen his webpage so you know what I mean - but called him anyway. I honestly forgot about it completely until you had started this thread :D - especially with no money up front at all

Edit: Roo .. give him a call or shoot him an email. He will tell you where you are in the list. I wonder how many people have canceled their orders?

Roo
09-02-2007, 12:22 AM
For my case I hope a lot :) I have sent him emails and he always answers all my questions except that one lol

aplinker
09-02-2007, 12:27 AM
Yea we were told October but the people that ordered in May were told July and now it is August...

Check your post date, bro... it's September :p

Often the 1st shipment is much, much slower than subsequent ones, barring some major resupply issues (a company you contracted decides to bail out).

I'm anticipating some reviews, too. Should be interesting.

Roo
09-02-2007, 12:36 AM
No it is AUGUST! It can't be September because school starts in September, it MUST be AUGUST!!!!!

:p

Yea it seems the major hold up is hand guards and I hope his new dealer is doing ti right. It would be nice if I got mine in the next month or so :)

Nefarious
09-05-2007, 6:28 AM
By chance does anyone know if these uppers are marked 50DTC or 510DTC somewhere on the upper itself - they SHOULD correct?

Other than having the ammo side by side - BMG/DTC - I suspect there really is no way to differentiate between the two uppers?

Edit: The BMG upper is marked 50BMG ... so I assume the other will be marked 50DTC or some sorts

MustangO4
09-13-2007, 1:15 PM
Guys on ARF are getting theirs! Should be any day now........

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=3&t=221175&page=9#bottom

tlillard23
09-13-2007, 1:35 PM
Guys on ARF are getting theirs! Should be any day now........

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=3&t=221175&page=9#bottom

The first guy (gomer pyle) that's not a bohica....is it?

ke6guj
09-13-2007, 1:40 PM
A THR guy got his, and posted pics.
http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost.php?p=3715336&postcount=120

Nefarious
09-13-2007, 7:48 PM

He makes it look absolutely disgusting - IMO

I asked Chris once for an update - which I was told it would ship wed.
After that hes been the one shooting me emails ...
im then told Friday,
then im told its boxed and waiting for UPS pickup
then im told (again I only asked once, this is Chris emailing me on his own) again that its going out Monday
then im told to wait for my auto email generated from UPS.... im still waiting.

I dont get how I went from its boxed and awaiting pickup from UPS... to .. limbo ;)

tlillard23
09-13-2007, 8:28 PM

yep, those pics are crap. glad he got his face-fuzz and wedding ring in there too.

The bohica is kind of ugly without a lower and optics

Nefarious
09-13-2007, 8:32 PM
yep, those pics are crap. glad he got his face-fuzz and wedding ring in there too.

The bohica is kind of ugly without a lower and optics

I agree.
I think its the handguards? They look.... blah

Nefarious
09-13-2007, 8:41 PM
Ok.. so I was JUST now told it went out and will be here on Monday. Ill post some decent pictures if it arrives ;)

Roo
09-13-2007, 8:42 PM
Still the best looking snap in upper.

Roo
09-13-2007, 8:44 PM
Ok.. so I was JUST now told it went out and will be here on Monday. Ill post some decent pictures if it arrives ;)

I'll tell you what.... I am going to do you a favor in your time in need... I will take the upper off your hands and when mine comes in I'll give it to you :cool2:

Nefarious
09-13-2007, 8:49 PM
I'll tell you what.... I am going to do you a favor in your time in need... I will take the upper off your hands and when mine comes in I'll give it to you :cool2:

Im hurting brother.. I really am ;)
Hows about I take your soon to arrive scope off your hands to help ease my pains :33:

Heres crossing my fingers to monday arrival... or your scope :rofl2:

Roo
09-13-2007, 8:51 PM
Im hurting brother.. I really am ;)
Hows about I take your soon to arrive scope off your hands to help ease my pains :33:

Heres crossing my fingers to monday arrival... or your scope :rofl2:

The upper won't do me very much good without a scope :p. When did you order yours? Did you go with the 30"?

How about since I have the scope, you have the upper, we get together and let them mate and we blow up some fruit :)

Nefarious
09-13-2007, 8:56 PM
The upper won't do me very much good without a scope :p. When did you order yours? Did you go with the 30"?

How about since I have the scope, you have the upper, we get together and let them mate and we blow up some fruit :)

But you can always buy another scope :D

I did end up going with the 30". I figured it was only, what, an extra $100 or so... might as well go for it. I had spoken to Chris at the beginning of the year actually, and since no money was exchanged... completely forgot about it. tlillard23 started this thread and jogged my memory -

That could be arranged... sure.

grammaton76
09-14-2007, 6:45 PM
My Bohica arrived today. It seems to be the 4th DTC-chambered one they've done, judging by its serial number.

http://www.cheapspeech.com/Pics/Guns/ARs/50dtc//s_RightTopWithPRS.jpg
http://www.cheapspeech.com/Pics/Guns/ARs/50dtc//s_dsc01136.jpg

By the way, this WILL be at the Ontario gun show, as a demo piece only. CWS will hopefully have some by the end of Oct for sale to you guys.

For those of you who have them coming in, BE CAREFUL with those detents for the bipod, when you're attaching the bipod screws! I misunderstood how the screws are supposed to interact with the bipod, and ended up breaking off the detent caps when screwing on the bipod legs. If you're not uber clear on how to install it (the procedure is not in the instruction manual btw), call up Chris at Bohica Arms. He'll send you replacement detents if you managed to destroy the ones that come with it, and I believe future shipments will come with the bipods pre-installed.

First off, the pics lurk at: http://www.cheapspeech.com/Pics/Guns/ARs/50dtc/. If you want to be able to zoom in on the images for detail, that's where you want to be. If you just wanna oogle, the Calguns-shrunken versions are probably good enough.

The rifle started off the evening in an A2 stock, then a friend came by and loaned me a Magpul PRS, since I haven't had the chance to get one for myself yet. I had a pic taken for scale, since the other pics don't convey the humongousness of this particular rifle. Note that I'm 6'2".

http://www.cheapspeech.com/Pics/Guns/ARs/50dtc//s_dtc-ForScale.jpg

Then it migrated into the PRS stock, and is held by the future Mrs. Grammaton76. Looks even bigger when she (5'7") holds it.
http://www.cheapspeech.com/Pics/Guns/ARs/50dtc//s_DrNoWithDTC2.jpg

ke6guj
09-14-2007, 6:50 PM
By the way, this WILL be at the Ontario gun show, as a demo piece only.

Cool, I'll be sure to stop by and take a peek at it. I'm waiting on mine to ship.

MustangO4
09-14-2007, 8:27 PM
I handled that thing and as Gram alluded to the PRS is the stock for it. The added weight in the back balances it to where you could actually fire it offhand if you were so inclined.....

Flux Capacitor
09-14-2007, 8:34 PM
I vote for GP on a scope.

MustangO4
09-14-2007, 8:37 PM
Scope GB..interesting. Are you thinking the Super Sniper level or the US Optics level???

I'd be in at the SS level. For a USO, hell I just dropped a grand on the upper. Give me some time to recover.

ke6guj
09-14-2007, 9:18 PM
I handled that thing and as Gram alluded to the PRS is the stock for it. The added weight in the back balances it to where you could actually fire it offhand if you were so inclined.....

Yup, looks like I'm gonna need to get me a PRS. I'll have to see if I can find a deal at the ontario show tomorrow, otherwise I'll spend the $205 at Midwayusa.

50 Shooter
09-15-2007, 6:48 AM
Seeing how this setup is going to be on the light side, be sure to get a scope that's going to handle the recoil impluse. At the minimum I would use a Leupold or Meopta then move up to a Nightforce, U.S. Optics would be nice but maybe a little overkill.

MustangO4
09-15-2007, 7:25 AM
Yea, I am very interested to see how well the brake works. At first I have an old BSA I am going to put on it to just see how it lasts, then Super Sniper untill I can stomach another G for glass. The nice things about the SS is the waranty and there always is someone who will buy them. You basically just are renting it for a while.....

ph800
09-15-2007, 9:24 AM
Congrats Grammaton76, it looks great! Do the handguards feel tight?

Nefarious
09-15-2007, 1:44 PM
Come on guys. IOR, Nightforce GB!!!! lets get the show on the road
I was going to pick up an Eotec 512/552 for another setup and just use that in the meantime... but... ;)

MustangO4
09-15-2007, 3:15 PM
Go big spender.....

ke6guj
09-15-2007, 8:51 PM
Longrangesupply.com just put up a nice photo review of the Bohica 50.

http://www.longrangesupply.com/images/bohica/review.htm

cornholio1
09-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Come on guys. IOR, Nightforce GB!!!! lets get the show on the road
I was going to pick up an Eotec 512/552 for another setup and just use that in the meantime... but... ;)

How low can you go? and whats the warranty of them? Thanks

50 Shooter
09-16-2007, 3:19 PM
Don at Long Range Supply has been giving guys over on Biggerhammer great deals on optics for years. If you guys are looking for a deal on a group buy I would contact him.

If you guys want I can also contact a friend who's also a NF dealer and local here in SoCal. Say the word and I'll ask him or you can try Don at LRS, either way I recommend both.

Roo
09-16-2007, 3:22 PM
I am down for a IOR group buy!

Nefarious
09-16-2007, 5:26 PM
I am down for a IOR group buy!

Roo if you pick up another IOR this month.. I will officially be jealous :D

Roo
09-16-2007, 7:55 PM
Roo if you pick up another IOR this month.. I will officially be jealous :D

If the price is right I couldn't pass up a good deal :cool2:. Besides with the GF taking such a big interest in shooting it seems like a good decision. I had to buy more rifles because she kept hogging them at the range!

Prc329
09-16-2007, 7:59 PM
If you guys put together a group buy on an IOR I'm down. I'll need another soon.

Nefarious
09-17-2007, 6:20 AM
Don at Long Range Supply has been giving guys over on Biggerhammer great deals on optics for years. If you guys are looking for a deal on a group buy I would contact him.

If you guys want I can also contact a friend who's also a NF dealer and local here in SoCal. Say the word and I'll ask him or you can try Don at LRS, either way I recommend both.

I had seen his webpage,I think from a link on arf?? He has a Bohica/Nightforce combo - you just pick the magnification. Ill have to check it out a little later today.. but if we could get a good deal, it should be a no brainer for those who picked up Chris's upper - or for anyone who had been on the fence about picking up a $$$$ scope

Nefarious
09-17-2007, 6:26 AM
If the price is right I couldn't pass up a good deal :cool2:. Besides with the GF taking such a big interest in shooting it seems like a good decision. I had to buy more rifles because she kept hogging them at the range!

Fine.. Ill just have to get 2 ;)

My woman is the same way, she enjoys shooting ... but I could not sell her on a pink AR :D

PIRATE14
09-17-2007, 3:40 PM
Do you think I could get a 50BMG in a 16" barrel.............:chris:

Nefarious
09-17-2007, 6:06 PM
Do you think I could get a 50BMG in a 16" barrel.............:chris:

I thought everything was BIGGER in Texas

tlillard23
09-19-2007, 1:27 AM
Ups

BaronW
09-19-2007, 1:49 AM
I thought everything was BIGGER in Texas

Yes. Felt recoil, muzzle flash, and the earth-shattering KABOOM. :43:

Nefarious
09-19-2007, 6:18 AM
Came home after school yesterday to a nice big brown box in my living room. The uppers look SO MUCH better in person than they do in online pictures. I would post some of mine.. but Sean has the same setup as I do, and he already posted pictures :D
If going by the SN's, mine looks to be the 8th one

Now to hurry up and pick up a scope. I havent seen much discussion on a GB on anything :(, but im going to follow in Roo's footsteps and pick up an IOR 9-36x56 (its only a tad bit more expensive than the 6-24x50) or a Nightforce 5.5-22x50 (maybe the 8-32x56?? Not sure on the reticle)). Both are probably overkill, and with my newb knowlege - ok is there anything lower than newb status? - of scopes will not be used to their potential......but hey... ill splurge once for a nice scope..and figure the rest out later on :cool:

MustangO4
09-19-2007, 1:46 PM
Just got mine! Thanks to Sean from CWS.
Oh yea, Ser # ........007

I had the tight buffer tube issue and talked with Chris at BOHICA and he said if I sent it to him he'd fix it right up. (It's my buffer tube, not his upper), but he gave me some pointers to fix it right up on my own. He's a great guy. Thanks Chris and Sean.

1norcalvarmintHunter
09-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Is there still a deal on these or was there ever a group buy going on?

Nefarious
09-20-2007, 6:12 AM
Is there still a deal on these or was there ever a group buy going on?

No group buy and no actual "deal".
Chris has already raised his prices since the start of this all... but still cheap overall. His webpage ... well... ill let it speak for itself. If your interested in one, I suspect you wont see it untill late this year/early next year?

If you want to pick up a scope package.. check out www.longrangesupply.com Don has Bohica/Nightforce combos

Nefarious
09-20-2007, 8:54 AM
So has anyone had to mod their hammer? Im still a little uncertain about this. Im using a RRA 2 stage if that makes a difference. Even after looking at the manual and reading Chris's post... im still... :confused:

FYI

Hi Guys! -

The last few uppers will go out today or tomorrow.

I want to say thanks to everybody for their patience and help in getting this first batch thru to shipment. It's been a LOT of work but now had become very rewarding getting customer feedback regarding the uppers.

Been swamped the last two weeks so I've had very limited time to offer any help. But thought I'd jump in on the hammer issue.

Here's what I've found,

The original AR-15 hammer is radiused like an M-16 hammer. that works the best, The M-16 hammer is legal and is used by some manufacturers because of decreased cost (Hesse,Vulcan for sure, possibly OLY as well)

If you have an M-16 hammer, you need to grind down the WIDTH of the disconnector catch on the back of the hammer so it will fit thru the slot in the upper. I've had a couple customers report this works fine.

If you have an A2 style "notched" hammer, it WILL work, I've had ONE that stuck the tube, but they do make it stiffer to cycle the bolt.

I have radiused the top notch on several hammers until you can just see the notch. This works the best, it's completely legal, and WILL work with both the .223 and 50 uppers.

As far as the third party triggers, I've not tested any of them as there is a wide variety available. I have the Jard in a couple of my target .223 AR's and really like it. I suspect that the Jard hammer spring will NOT be stiff enough to give reliable ignition, Especially with tough military primers. I don't think you wouuld need to grind the hammer on a Jard though as it lays back further when it's snagged by the trigger.

I have NOT tried or personally used a McCormick in any of my rifles, I think that it would be similar to the Jard though.

Please let me know your experiences RE: third party triggers if you choose to try them.

Next topic - Bolt Catch

Bolt catches are necessary only if you plan on swapping from the .223 to the 50 and back. EVERYBODY that got an upper WILL get a bolt catch at NO CHARGE. ..........But due to the amount of crap I caught RE the shipping date, they will ship later. I am having them investment cast just like the Mil-spec units.

If you HAVE to have one real quick, I have a FEW machined ones available. Please call or E-mail with a good reason (Such as I'm leaving for the sandbox in the AM) and I'll get you one of the hen's teeth. Otherwise expect to see them in about 6 weeks.

BUFFER TUBES - It has also come up that some guys are finding their bolts don't slide very easliy. We have tracked this down to a buffer tube that is either bent, or one that is of a fabricated design that is welded from 3 pieces. I would suggest a replacement buffer tube from Model1sales.com (no affiliation) they are $9 and I've never seen a bent one yet.

The other thing customers are doing are putting a slight radius on the inside corner of the buffer tube with a Dremel tool. I will make a revision on the next batch to put a 15degree taper on the plastic end cap to eliminate this potential problem. If anybody wants this mod done send your stripped bolt tube back to me and I'll do it at no charge.

BUTT PADS,

I've got pad molds made for the ACE ARFX stock, Magpul PRS Stock and the Mil-spec A-2 Stock. The pads will be black and are about 1 1/2" thick silicone. The drasticly reduce felt recoil. The ACE amd Magpul pads include an aluminum back plate, the A2 pad is a slip over.

Please let me know if you want one, they will be the next item on the production line.

Thanks again!

Chris Rosequist
Bohica Arms Corp
(763) 441-2151

MustangO4
09-20-2007, 9:42 AM
Yes, I did mine last night. It is really easy. Where in SD are you? PM me your # and I'll call and try to talk you through it. If not we can meet and I'll show you what I did. I work in SD near the airport and live in Vista.....I'll post a pic if I can in a day or two, just busy right now.

This is the key line, "you need to grind down the WIDTH of the disconnector catch on the back of the hammer so it will fit thru the slot in the upper"

Nefarious
09-20-2007, 9:45 AM
Yes, I did mine last night. It is really easy. Where in SD are you? PM me your # and I'll call and try to talk you through it. If not we can meet and I'll show you what I did. I work in SD near the airport and live in Vista.....I'll post a pic if I can in a day or two, just busy right now.

I work in Mira Mesa, but live out in El Cajon. Ill PM you my number after work. The pictures in the manual.. honestly looked the same to me, but then again I just quickly looked it over :o

MustangO4
09-20-2007, 9:48 AM
Pull out the bolt, re instal the lower, pull the trigger and notice where it is hitting. Then all will be revealed. That's what I did and it was a "DOH" moment. It is really tough to describe.

Nefarious
09-20-2007, 9:53 AM
Pull out the bolt, re instal the lower, pull the trigger and notice where it is hitting. Then all will be revealed. That's what I did and it was a "DOH" moment. It is really tough to describe.

Ill do just that as soon as I get home.
Im sure ill share this "DOH" moment later today :D

ke6guj
09-20-2007, 3:16 PM
Mine arrived today. Got some bolt bind I'll have to track down, but other than that, looks great and can't wait to pull the trigger on it.

draconianruler
09-20-2007, 5:34 PM
Man, I can't wait to get mine. I'm so jealous :D

MustangO4
09-20-2007, 5:51 PM
Enjoy the wait. I got mine yesterday and today I'm already looking for the next toy. That 50 DE on the sales board sure looks fun......

Nefarious
09-20-2007, 6:02 PM
Enjoy the wait. I got mine yesterday and today I'm already looking for the next toy. That 50 DE on the sales board sure looks fun......

If it was gold.. it would have been gone ;)

Roo
09-20-2007, 7:25 PM
I WANT MINE DAMNIT!!! I think I maybe picking up that 50 DE this weekend....

Surfdog
09-20-2007, 8:13 PM
Got mine the other day... very cool, have not had time to put a set up together yet, but I'm glad it's here. Looking forward to range reports.

MustangO4
09-20-2007, 9:53 PM
Had to polish the bolt and smooth out the buffer tube to get it to operate like I wanted it to. I tried a RRA and a LAR lower. Both were a little off. I just think most lowers are all a little different and possibly heve slightly off centerbuffer tubes. Just think how much slop is in your AR bolt carrier group. The BOHICA is EXACTLY centered so it may not line up perfectly. I may open it up and smooth it out more, but for now here it is, all polished up. You'll have to forgive the messy bench. I figured the pics now were worth the mess. Eventually I'll build an 80% lower, aligned exactly with it for the absolute smoothest operation.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/518055-big.jpg

http://www.hunt101.com/img/518056-big.jpg

http://www.hunt101.com/img/518057-big.jpg

Nefarious
09-21-2007, 6:15 AM
Had to polish the bolt and smooth out the buffer tube to get it to operate like I wanted it to. I tried a RRA and a LAR lower. Both were a little off. I just think most lowers are all a little different and possibly heve slightly off centerbuffer tubes. Just think how much slop is in your AR bolt carrier group. The BOHICA is EXACTLY centered so it may not line up perfectly. I may open it up and smooth it out more, but for now here it is, all polished up. You'll have to forgive the messy bench. I figured the pics now were worth the mess. Eventually I'll build an 80% lower, aligned exactly with it for the absolute smoothest operation.

Good speaking to you yesterday.
Today when I get home im going to clean her up.. and take a mallet to that BI##C :D. I was thinking in sending the bolt back to Chris to have him to whatever tapering he was talking about, but we will see... once I actually have her setup.

MustangO4
09-21-2007, 7:15 AM
As for the tight rear pin. It should only require a slight tap to get in. If it is too tight (one of my lowers was) I used a c clamp to pull them in tight together and the pin went right in. I am however using my lower that has the best fit for the rear pin. After putting it on and off a couple of times it has loosened up and fits tight but good. Taps in by hand, but takes a tool to tap out. I am still working on smoothing out the action. I will post as progress is made. Still like it and totally worth the money. Chris is very helpful too and very interested in input/ opinions. Give him a call with any issues.

Roo
09-22-2007, 7:34 PM
I am #47 of the next shipment so I should get mine soon!

MustangO4
09-22-2007, 7:52 PM
I got mine running nice and smooth. It did take some work, but simple tools. If anyone has questions feel free to PM me.

draconianruler
09-23-2007, 4:53 AM
I am #47 of the next shipment so I should get mine soon!

When did you order yours? I went on the list in April so trying to figure out what place I would be on the list.

1norcalvarmintHunter
09-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Anyone do any range shooting yet? I am curious as to the accuracy of these weapons.

MustangO4
09-23-2007, 12:54 PM
I'm going out next Sunday with mine.

Here is a little "how I smoothed it out" post I put on ARF if it will help anyone.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=3&t=228228

Nefarious
09-24-2007, 9:29 AM
I'm going out next Sunday with mine.

Here is a little "how I smoothed it out" post I put on ARF if it will help anyone.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=3&t=228228

Looks like im having some issues with the hammer after all.
When I try to lift the bolt all the way up... the side of the hammer gets caught on the inside of the bolt and is gouging into the metal? I am unable to lift the bolt all the way up without the hammer digging in to it. I manually reset the hammer, and the bolt will not slide back into the buffer tube. But if I remove the upper and simply try to slide the bolt into the tube.. it goes in like butter.

Im wondering if I should smooth/take down the edge of the entire left side of the hammer - if your looking at the hammer as if you were shooting. This would stop it from gouging into the inner side of the bolt - thats not what the problem was that the manual speaks about was it! The hammer itself will clear the opening of the lower, clear bolt, and strike perpendicular.

MustangO4
09-24-2007, 11:11 AM
I'd call Chris

Nefarious
09-24-2007, 11:18 AM
I'd call Chris

Shot him an email while im here at work. Ill have to call him later today.

Is anyone using a RRA 2 stage in their setup??

Nefarious
09-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Chris replied and stated to "radius" the edge.. and that you can actually radius the entire face of the hammer.
Im guessing that means I can grind down the edges and smooth it out...

JWNathan
09-25-2007, 12:22 PM
So whats the price been up'ed too? They sure look nice, really have me thinkin now, just need to sell some crap to afford it. anyone shot theres yet?
-Jesse

Nefarious
09-25-2007, 12:32 PM
So whats the price been up'ed too? They sure look nice, really have me thinkin now, just need to sell some crap to afford it. anyone shot theres yet?
-Jesse

I think it went up ~100 from what it used to be back in Feb? Either way its still ~$1000

MustangO4
09-25-2007, 2:58 PM
check this out.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=81124542

Nefarious
09-25-2007, 4:29 PM
check this out.

Don from long range supply is top notch.
On his website I believe he only sells the bohica with a nightforce as a combo.... still a great deal.

Im just about ready to order a Nightforce 8-32x56 with NPR1 reticle... I upped from my original 5.5-22x56. Ive actually been going back and forth as to which one to get... or I would have ordered last week

Edit: I did some work on my upper... i think i got it working smoothly. I had to dremel down the edge of the hammer and actually shorten the hammer a little for the bolt to slide back into the buffer. In doing this I broke the bolt ... uhh handle?? It broke off into the bolt =) ... have to get another from Chris ... go figure

MustangO4
09-25-2007, 4:37 PM
That sucks. I actually was thinking of building a different bolt handle anyway and Chris told me the thread is 5/16 x 24 if you wanted to fab up something.

Nefarious
09-25-2007, 4:49 PM
That sucks. I actually was thinking of building a different bolt handle anyway and Chris told me the thread is 5/16 x 24 if you wanted to fab up something.

:o I have absolutely no tools - ok other than little things here and there - and do not have a mechanical bone in my body!! HAHAHA
You should have seen me taking that damn dremel - which i borrowed from a friend - to the hammer and bolt... I thought I was going to destroy something :D
I guess I did with the handle huh

QuickOnTheDraw
09-25-2007, 4:53 PM
check this out.
That upper is 50 BMG, not 510 DTC. It is also more expensive than if you buy direct from Bohica!

Nefarious
09-25-2007, 5:01 PM
Here is what I had to do to get my Bohica to function.

It was actually pretty simple, even for me. If I could do it.. then honestly, anyone could. Granted I did not have to do much anyway

At first, The hammer was giving me some issues. As you can see from the picture it was digging into the bolt
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/nefarious619/2007-09-25-003.jpg

So I took a dremel to it and smoothed it out
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/nefarious619/2007-09-25-017.jpg

Next I smoothed down the sharp edge of the hammer
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/nefarious619/2007-09-25-015.jpg

Next I noticed that the hammer was a little long, and that when fully depressed, the bolt would still not clear it - old picture of before I smoothed out the bolt where the hammer gouged into it
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/nefarious619/2007-09-25-001.jpg

I shortened up the hammer just a bit
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/nefarious619/2007-09-25-016.jpg

And just for S&G's I slightly trimmed down the edge of the buffer tube
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/nefarious619/2007-09-25-012.jpg

At this point I took the upper back off and was playing around with the bolt and the lower... I was able to manually push the bolt back into the buffer tube... now that the hammer was trimmed down. I put everything back together to test for any issues.. and this is where the damn handle came off. Everything should be good to go once I get another handle :

Nefarious
09-25-2007, 5:12 PM
That upper is 50 BMG, not 510 DTC. It is also more expensive than if you buy direct from Bohica!

Yes. But Don has them in stock NOW
Or you can wait for Chris

tlillard23
09-25-2007, 6:23 PM
check this out.

Someone buy this then screw the seller and request the 30" barrel, says it's optional.... Like to see that one ;-)

Nefarious
10-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Anymore updates/range reports from those that have taken out their Upper?

I was all ready to take mine out, then we were hit with the fires :(. Now that things have settled down, its back to planning another day out.

The longer I keep her in the safe, the more I want to get rid of her and go with something else :D

MustangO4
10-29-2007, 12:40 PM
After Nov 21, I will be going severel times over the next 3 weeks. Keep in touch and we'll try to do talking guns.....

tlillard23
12-14-2007, 1:39 AM
Here is what I had to do to get my Bohica to function...SNIP....:

I had a similar problem with the bolt binding in the buffer tube. I tried a bunch of things, files, sandpaper, steel wool etc... Nothing worked (without getting "nefarious-crazy"). Then BOHICA recommeded I get a model1sales buffer tube. installed the tube and the binding went away.