PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE POST YOUR INDIVIDUAL SHOOTS HERE

BonnieB
10-29-2012, 12:48 AM
People who are shooting in the Sacramento Region (maybe a 25 mile radius) on a given day and who want company, please post your shoots here. Please do not start individual threads, it gets too crazy.

People who want to know who's shooting, subscribe to this thread and you'll see what's going on in the area in the current time frame.

Please say where you are shooting, what you are shooting and when.

10xhobby
11-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Myself and lazyme are going to THE GUN RANGE on Watt and Orange Grove ave at 3:30 today. I have some Nov Cal Gun Rimfire Match targets printed and a few extra 22's if you would like to shoot the match. Come on down and join us.:cool2::cool2:

tiller
11-20-2012, 5:37 PM
Anyone up for shooting over the weekend of Nov 24-25 at Sac Valley in the morning? Come on out and work off some of that turkey? Trap shooting maybe? Or rimfire?

Me and a buddy are going to try and shoot steal if there isnt a match if youd like to join if interested ill post back with updates

10xhobby
11-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Anyone up for the GUN RANGE off Watt and Orange Grove at 1:00 today, I'm going to shoot some rimfire match targets, I have extra targets and guns to shoot. Just look for the guy in the camo shirt and camo CALGUNS hat. Maybe see you there.

BonnieB
11-27-2012, 10:03 AM
We will be having "open meetings with the Sac C3's. Please join us December 4.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=649305

XVIga_Rob
12-03-2012, 7:38 PM
Anyone interested in shooting some trap in Auburn on 12-13-12, after work (6-8pm)? I'm no pro, just like to go once in a while, and it's pretty cool at night.
http://www.auburntrapclub.com

BonnieB
12-03-2012, 8:01 PM
I'm up for it ! I'm just a beginner but I'm determined and need the practice. As long as it isn't actually raining, I'm in.

savannah
12-04-2012, 7:32 AM
I am interested in shooting some clays on the 13th! My hubs is also.

BonnieB
12-10-2012, 1:27 AM
Are we still up for Thursday Night Trap on the 13th? Weather forecast looks good. Who's still in?

10xhobby
12-10-2012, 7:26 PM
Myself and some friends are going to THE GUN RANGE on Watt and Orange Grove ave at 5:30 Tuesday night. I have some Dec Cal Gun Rimfire Match targets printed and a few extra 22's if you would like to shoot the match. Come on down and join us.

Lazyme
12-11-2012, 5:42 AM
Looks like I can make it to the Gun Range tonight. Gotta get my sights tightened up.

Myself and some friends are going to THE GUN RANGE on Watt and Orange Grove ave at 5:30 Tuesday night. I have some Dec Cal Gun Rimfire Match targets printed and a few extra 22's if you would like to shoot the match. Come on down and join us.

Does anyone want to go to Forresthill or Sac Valley Sunday? Hight temps in the mid 50s and 50% chance of rain if you feel like going on an adventure...

elhefe50ss
12-11-2012, 6:25 AM
I might be interested in fh

10xhobby
12-12-2012, 7:22 AM
I might be interested in fh

What are good nights for you at the indoor range

Loopwell
12-12-2012, 10:55 PM
I may be down for foresthill Sunday...what time? Is there a meeting place before we caravan?

Lazyme
12-13-2012, 4:00 AM
I may be down for foresthill Sunday...what time? Is there a meeting place before we caravan?

I like to shoot early usually. What if we meet up @7:30-8 off the Forrest hill exit and head into the hills from there?

*warning* I am expecting it to be wet and messy...60% chance of rain Sunday. *warning*

XVIga_Rob
12-13-2012, 8:04 AM
Very interested in FH (like to ride out there as well). Weekends are just tough for me right now.

BonnieB
12-13-2012, 10:23 AM
I'm not attending Thursday Night Trap Shoot in Auburn tonight. Another time, certainly.

elhefe50ss
12-13-2012, 3:03 PM
IM GOING TO THE GUN RANGE SATURDAY ABOUT 4PM ME AND A COUPLE BUDDYS
AND MIGHT BE INTO A FH TRIP SUN

Loopwell
12-13-2012, 10:17 PM
I like to shoot early usually. What if we meet up @7:30-8 off the Forrest hill exit and head into the hills from there?

*warning* I am expecting it to be wet and messy...60% chance of rain Sunday. *warning*

I will keep it contingent, more likely yes, as weather forecasts change every 12 hours. I can deal with light rain. Does your spot have a good flat area to put up a 10'x10' canopy if it rains, or is that even a good idea?

I'll keep you posted. I really want to go Sunday!

Lazyme
12-15-2012, 6:13 AM
My wife says I'm crazy, still looks like rain...Anyone else feel like going to Forrest Hill tomorrow?

Meetin at the Forrest hill exit around 8?

Loopwell
12-15-2012, 1:17 PM
My wife says I'm crazy, still looks like rain...Anyone else feel like going to Forrest Hill tomorrow?

Meetin at the Forrest hill exit around 8?

So what happens if it's really wet out there? Is the spot still easily accessible? I still plan to come out, but do we have an alternative destination to shooting just in case? What do you think?

Loopwell
12-15-2012, 4:43 PM
I've got a dodge ram, it can handle some off road, but it is a subpar choice to something more balanced like a light SUV in these conditions. I don't mind taking it out dirt roads in the rain, as long as the paths are cliffs on the other side.

Loopwell
12-16-2012, 1:39 PM
Thanks for a great time today at Foresthill with Lazyme. Its really great to meet folks that enjoy the same fun with the same sense of safety. As stated, weather was absolutely perfect- no wind, maybe a total of 40 drizzle drops on the windshield, and no other people. Can't wait for the next shoot!

I agree, there is a mess out there that neess picking up. If someone else has a truck or even a tow trailer, we could clean the place up really nice.

Loopwell
12-27-2012, 4:09 PM
I worked Wed, Today, but now I get tomorrow off (well I have about two hours of stuff to do in the morning). Anyways, I am thinking I will go shooting! I know it's last minute, but if anyone wants to join me, I will be out at the Dillman Range in Lincoln at about lunch (Friday, December 28). I've never actually been there, but it seems like an interesting day to go out. Weather says cloudy, I think it may be foggy, but that's the fun of it. Planning to do some long range shooting with a bolt action, finish off breaking in a pistol, maybe trying out my first AR build (not gonna use too many rounds because you can't get them right now for a reasonable price).

BonnieB
12-28-2012, 12:46 PM
I'm planning to shoot rifles at Sac Valley on Saturday, Dec 29 maybe around noon. (It's COLD out there in the early morning.... :) )

Also, don't forget the First Annual New Year's Day Shoot at The Gun Range, 10 am.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=634871

NotEnufGarage
12-28-2012, 10:48 PM
If the weather sticks to the forecast, I'll probably be heading out to Sac Valley around noon Saturday December 29 to chronograph some new test loads on the public range.

Look for me in a CalGuns long sleeve and CalGuns hat. I'll have bumper stickers if anybody wants some. I might bring along some shirts and hats, if there's room in the car.

roushstage2
01-06-2013, 11:59 PM
The plan thus far is to get out to Sac Valley on Tuesday at some point in time. If anyone else feels like going, perhaps we can coordinate a time? I'll be sighting in the new red dot on my 15-22 and probably shooting my new handgun for the first time, finally, lol.

BonnieB
01-07-2013, 1:44 AM
I'm planning to shoot at Sac Valley too, on the rifle range, Tuesday, about 1 pm.

roushstage2
01-07-2013, 8:12 AM
I guess 1PM at Sac Valley is the time then... :)
That works for me. I can still get some stuff done in the morning before getting out there!

Lazyme
01-09-2013, 9:26 PM
Next Tuesday @ the Gun Range.

Say 5-6ish till close.

:cheers2:

10xhobby
01-11-2013, 3:11 PM
I will be there, might be bringing some friends and some new guns. See you all Tuesday

BonnieB
01-11-2013, 4:06 PM
Tomorrow, Saturday, Jan 12, at Sac Valley Shooting Center at 11:00

ElDub1950 and I, and any of you. Pistols or public rifle range, I think.

Loopwell
01-12-2013, 12:42 AM
Jan. 12 around noon ill be at cordova shooting center with a newbie. I know last minute again. Ill have calguns hat on.

BonnieB
01-12-2013, 12:57 AM
Loopwell, come to Sac Valley instead, join us.

Lazyme
01-12-2013, 5:55 AM
Jan. 12 around noon ill be at cordova shooting center with a newbie. I know last minute again. Ill have calguns hat on.

If your going to introduce someone to shooting you should keep on driving for a few min and go right past Cordova.

Sac Valley Shooting Center is the best shooting facility West of the Mississippi (I read it on the Internet so it must be true). Seriously the place is impressive.

PS...sorry Cordova, you used to be my shooting spot for years but I had to move on to bigger better things. No hard feelings :)

Loopwell
01-12-2013, 7:50 AM
I know...but its a trek. The guy im with has shot trap and skeet before but not jandgunsnor rifles yet. Hmmmm still considering!

Loopwell
01-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Ill be cordova this afternoon, running late and gotta watch niner playoffs!

10xhobby
01-14-2013, 7:26 AM
OK remember we will be at the GUN RANGE Tuesday night about 5:30. see you all there. Bring some friends. :)

NotEnufGarage
01-14-2013, 10:16 AM
OK remember we will be at the GUN RANGE Tuesday night about 5:30. see you all there. Bring some friends. :)

I'd come, but I have a car club board meeting at 7 in Citrus Heights.

Have fun

spetsnaz
01-14-2013, 10:23 AM
thinking of going gun range Thursday Friday morning.

highcenter
01-15-2013, 12:12 AM
edit

Lazyme
01-15-2013, 4:47 AM
I've some extra days off this week, thinking of getting some range time in Tues/Wed/Thurs. If anyone is heading out in/around downtown Sac, hit me up.

We will be at The Gun Range (http://they untangle.biz/) on Tuesday evening. I think some of us will start showing up about 5:30-6:00 if anyone would like to join us.

highcenter
01-15-2013, 2:02 PM
I'd love to meet some local CalGunners. Any chance to ride share? Happy to share my collection & pitch in on gas. PM me

Lazyme
01-15-2013, 8:17 PM
I'd love to meet some local CalGunners. Any chance to ride share? Happy to share my collection & pitch in on gas. PM me

Sorry, don't think too many of us are downtown. Hope you can get a small group together and join us.

Did you show up? We were parked in the back room putting little tiny holes in paper.

highcenter
01-15-2013, 11:09 PM
edit

Pell
01-18-2013, 3:59 PM
I'll be at The Gun Range tonight (1/18) around 6:30. I'll be the fat guy wearing a jack daniels t and dark jeans. Come say hi!

bhands
02-10-2013, 12:56 AM
Gonna be at the Gun Range tomorrow 2/10 shooting my G17. I'll update tomorrow on what time should be around 5.

Edit: on my way should be there around 5:30 wearing jeans and fatal shirt come say hi.

BeerSlinger
02-20-2013, 8:24 PM
Thinking of going Friday (2/22) night to the Gun Room in Elk Grove. Im open to times if anyone would like to go.

10xhobby
03-08-2013, 5:46 PM
myself and lazyme are going to 'The Range' in Grass Valley tomorrow morning, the Range opens at 9:00 am. maybe we will see you there

762ch
03-14-2013, 9:27 PM
Anyone going to be doing any long distance shooting this sunday? I need to try out a new toy!

NotEnufGarage
03-31-2013, 7:22 PM
I'm going to try to head out to Sac Valley Shooting Center around noon tomorrow. I've got several new toys I need to break in, including a Glock 21, a 24" 5.56 bull barrel upper, a 16" 6.8 SPC upper, a 20" 5.56 Upper, a 16" .308 Upper and some 9mm reloads to test out.

I'm going to try to get a lane or two towards the end of the public range so I can set up a chronograph and test out some new reloads.

Loopwell
03-31-2013, 8:54 PM
I'm going to try to head out to Sac Valley Shooting Center around noon tomorrow. I've got several new toys I need to break in, including a Glock 21, a 24" 5.56 bull barrel upper, a 16" 6.8 SPC upper, a 20" 5.56 Upper, a 16" .308 Upper and some 9mm reloads to test out.

I'm going to try to get a lane or two towards the end of the public range so I can set up a chronograph and test out some new reloads.

I wish I had even one weekday off in a month that wasnt a holiday.

762ch
04-05-2013, 7:11 PM
I plan on heading out to the Dillman Range this Sun. My plans are to sight in a new rifle and maybe put a few rounds through the handguns.

If any calgunners want to come out and shoot some AKs, I will be wearing a calguns shirt.

Ryououki
06-13-2013, 7:36 AM
If anyone is going to The Gun Range this Saturday the 15th, I will be there from 11:30 AM until 2:00 PM.

I'll be there with a few friends. Shouldn't be too hard to find us, I'll have a FNH PS90, FNH Five-seveN, and Desert Eagle .50 out on the benches along with a few other guns. Please feel free to come by and say hi and you are welcome to try any of my guns as well. My name is Ed. Be sure to mention you are from CalGuns, too. :)

roushstage2
06-13-2013, 12:55 PM
I'll be heading to Sac Valley monday morning. I have four rifles that need to be sighted in. I'll have my Calguns shirt on.

Loopwell
06-13-2013, 9:37 PM
If anyone is going to The Gun Range this Saturday the 15th, I will be there from 11:30 AM until 2:00 PM.

I'll be there with a few friends. Shouldn't be too hard to find us, I'll have a FNH PS90, FNH Five-seveN, and Desert Eagle .50 out on the benches along with a few other guns. Please feel free to come by and say hi and you are welcome to try any of my guns as well. My name is Ed. Be sure to mention you are from CalGuns, too. :)

Geez, those are awesome weapons!

10xhobby
06-24-2013, 7:28 AM
The Gun Range in Sacramento is having a 25 yard slow fire pistol match on Tuesday the 25th at 6:00 pm. I will be there, come out and join me. ;)

XVIga_Rob
06-24-2013, 8:52 AM
I was thinking of possibly going over there tonight or tomorrow (Tuesday) night, but sounds like it would be crowded. Hmmm.....

Ryououki
06-28-2013, 10:22 PM
If anyone will be at The Gun Range on Saturday, June 29th from 9AM till 12 Noon, I will be there. Listen for the boom of the Desert Eagle 50 to find me. :)

I'll be in a red t shirt and black jeans. My name is Ed. Please intro yourself if you'll be there. Always enjoy meeting fellow CGNers.

762ch
06-29-2013, 10:56 PM
We will be at the Spenceville range on sun 6/29 before noon. (Well before noon!)

Load out will be AKs, RPK, M&P flavored in .45ACP, G17, AR in 5.56 and possibly a 30-06 that kicks like a mule.

Calgunners are welcome to come by and send some rounds down range.

BonnieB
08-03-2013, 5:34 PM
I'm shooting at Sac Valley, the Action Pistol range on Monday the 5th in the morning. (You must have been to the Action Pistol Orientation to shoot AP at Sac Valley)

PM me if you want to join us.

Omega-Dgn
01-21-2014, 6:33 PM
I'm interested in shooting at The Gun Range in North Highlands. I don't own any guns currently and want to try a few types of pistols before I buy. However to rent I need someone to accompany me.

If you're willing to accompany me, please PM me. Available pretty much only on weekends.

ffemt
03-08-2014, 8:26 PM
My brothers and I are going to Sly Park tomorrow morning. Hopefully its not raining too bad.. shooting for the first big pocket on the right side of the road and will be in a blue Xterra. We'll have some paper and steel gongs set up.

BonnieB
04-09-2014, 3:05 PM
I'm shooting handguns at Sac Valley Shooting Center on Thursday, April 10, around mid-day. Followed by lunch...

ffemt
04-11-2014, 9:23 PM
I'm shooting at Spenceville tomorrow 6am before "those" kinda people show up :-)

XVIga_Rob
06-06-2014, 8:14 PM
Anyone interested in shooting a couple rounds of Trap (Auburn Trap Club) on Sunday the 8th? I'll be there at 10am when they open.

camaroderrick73
06-26-2014, 7:38 AM
always interested in meeting new people and going shooting- pm when you all go out and if im available - im down!

Goldar
11-20-2014, 7:59 AM
Is it safe to meet strangers online and meet up with them to shoot? Or is this some sort of coverup for just hooking up for other purposes. How does one know that they are not meeting up with a convicted killer that wants to jack your rifle. This is worse the hitch hiking. :facepalm:

Chapped Hide
11-20-2014, 9:00 AM
Is it safe to meet strangers online and meet up with them to shoot? Or is this some sort of coverup for just hooking up for other purposes. How does one know that they are not meeting up with a convicted killer that wants to jack your rifle. This is worse the hitch hiking. :facepalm:

Don't knock it 'till you try it :D

Loopwell
11-20-2014, 10:06 AM

Ive met over a hundred people on this forum without incident. It's your responsibility to vet a stranger and determine for yourself if the situation safe, just like selling a car or even walking alone at night. Bad guys know people that go to gun ranges have guns. Why do they not hideout behind peoples cars?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

BonnieB
11-20-2014, 10:16 AM
I've met a lot of people on this forum too, and some long term friends and shooting buddies. Obviously, you want to meet them in a public place, like a large range. I wouldn't go to a BLM shoot alone, even with one or two friends, unless there were people there I already knew.

As Loopwell said, it's your responsibility to vet strangers and keep yourself safe. I actually think commercial gun ranges are the safest place on earth. Who wants to mess around when there are 100 heavily armed people standing there?

XVIga_Rob
11-22-2014, 1:42 PM
I agree with both Loop & Bonnie. Meet at a public range and go from there.

Peterd79
11-29-2014, 10:32 AM
Not handgun -
We went to Oregon this week for thanksgiving and brought some shotguns, rifles and my fatherinlaw brough his sig.
My clays were spot on and took out about 90% of them (first time shooting clays)
And I got in some good target practice with the Sig and was just outside of center (getting there)

Loopwell
12-07-2014, 10:00 AM
Im at The Gun Range watt ave. Last minute practice with handguns today at lunch. Look for calguns clothing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Cerberus-
01-03-2015, 10:43 PM
Hello all, new Calguns member here. I came up to the Sacramento area a few years ago from Rosamond. In southern Kern county we could basically walk to the end of our block and into the desert and target shoot. I assume that in Sac county we are prohibited from shooting in county unincorporated lands. So, short of driving up to the Forest lands, is there any places were my kids and I can shoot in an outdoor public range that's close by ?

Prestoked
01-04-2015, 6:39 AM
Not free and are supervised, but I shoot at these ranges:

http://www.yolosportsmanassociation.com/

http://www.sacvalley.org/

Cerberus-
01-04-2015, 7:33 PM
Huh, haha, looked around the the forums and found this thread that linked to this on google maps:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zTirTUgeMwtk.kXIerPvCa1tk
Guess I answered my own question.

weaverftw
01-13-2015, 6:01 PM
If anyone wants to go shooting tomorrow (Wed), I got the day off work on short notice so I will be heading to Sac Valley to shoot my new Remington 700 LTR for the second time. I'm planning on spending some time on the 100yd public range to compete the ARFCOM "1 MOA All Day" challenge, then head to the 300yd range to practice some more. If anyone wants to join, just PM me. I will be bringing some equipment for long range shooting (barometer/thermometer/altimeter, IR thermometer, etc) so if you want to get some data with those for your load/rifle I would be happy to help. If anyone wants to bring a chronograph, we could cool down/heat up our rounds and plot the muzzle velocity variation as ammo temperature changes (I've been meaning to get a chrono but haven't got around to it, so if someone could bring one that would be AWESOME and I would pay your range fee).

I promise I'm not just trying to mooch on your chrono... if all you have is a rifle, come on out and do the 1 MOA All Day challenge with me! I'll bring extra targets.

Alternatively, if no one can get out there on such short notice, let's plan a trip to Sac Valley on a weekend soon (weekend after next if it's raining this Sat/Sun). If any members of Sac Valley want to shoot on the longer, member-only ranges, give me a heads up and I will buy a membership (been thinking about doin it for awhile now anyways).

NinjaNinja
01-08-2016, 4:22 PM
So umm, I know this hasn't been posted in for a while, but I'm gonna be at the Sac Gun Club pretty much all next week practicing on my first handgun I jailbroke yesterday, the G17. I'm definitely not proficient at it, and I'm a crappy shot, btw. Practice, practice, practice. lol.

It'll probably around late morning and early noon hours. Please come join if you can --- I'd love to meet some of the Calgunners in the Sac area.

PS I'll also bring my AR to run a few rounds through that.

BonnieB
01-09-2016, 8:25 AM
You'd really be better off taking a class in handgun safety and beginner shooting, than practicing for a week with your first handgun and grooving in all kinds of bad habits.

By the time you pay seven range fees and however much ammo, you could easily pay for a basic handgun class and learn to do it correctly.

If you go to SGC, they have excellent courses regularly scheduled or you can look in the Calguns Sacramento Forum for recommendations on private instructors.

Understand that while your friends and acquaintances may be more than willing to 'teach' you, its not nearly as good as getting professional instruction.

NinjaNinja
01-14-2016, 1:20 PM
You'd really be better off taking a class in handgun safety and beginner shooting, than practicing for a week with your first handgun and grooving in all kinds of bad habits.

By the time you pay seven range fees and however much ammo, you could easily pay for a basic handgun class and learn to do it correctly.

If you go to SGC, they have excellent courses regularly scheduled or you can look in the Calguns Sacramento Forum for recommendations on private instructors.

Understand that while your friends and acquaintances may be more than willing to 'teach' you, its not nearly as good as getting professional instruction.

Good call, and will look into it!!!