PDA

View Full Version : any remington 597 guys out there??

tiller
10-28-2012, 9:02 PM
just wondering what mods anybody has done?

i recently blew my extractor off and im wondering if theres anything else besides factory or voltsquarten...

lokking for input

sarge1572
10-29-2012, 6:58 PM
have you looked at RimFire Central? They have a forum on your specific model 22. It's a great site.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php

tiller
10-29-2012, 7:48 PM
i searched there months ago and there all vq over there...

guess thats the route ill go too..

JonJK
10-29-2012, 10:56 PM
Of course they are. Their extractors rock

Mail Clerk
10-30-2012, 6:32 AM
just wondering what mods anybody has done?

i recently blew my extractor off and im wondering if theres anything else besides factory or voltsquarten...

lokking for input

tiller,

I just changed my stock and barrel (Volquartsen). Now it shoots super good groups compared to the factory barrel.

If I were you I'd stay with the factory extractor cuz my buddy changed his out to a Volquartsen and he began to experience extractor issues.

I didn't change any trigger parts cuz I shot so many testing rounds it gave itself a trigger job.

mail Clerk

CA Barbarian
11-01-2012, 9:28 PM
I have two. One I modified with an Archangel stock kit, and a few other evil black rifle accesories. A real looker at the range. The other has been modified with a Boyds SS Evolution stock and a full barrel shroud. If I can ever figure out the pic issue here, I'll post some pics.

Braddah Jay
11-02-2012, 9:40 AM
I shot over 500 rounds through my new 597 VTR and just recently lost my extractor, spring & spring guide. Its now part of all the spent casings at the range. Overall the best .22LR in my collection to shoot!